PDA

View Full Version : Our quick trip with friends pre-trip report

LandFan
07-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Featuring:
Me (DW) 36 Tara (Trip-planner extroardinaire)
DH 36 Jason (Follows along nicely : )

Friends we are meeting down there:
Cathy (Fellow trip-planner extroardinaire)
Dave (Follows along nicely : )
Cassie (17 - going off to college in a few weeks)
The Williams (other friends we will run into down
there)

We had overlapped our trip last Thanksgiving and spent a few days in each others company and had a blast! We are all vets (Cassie has been there probably 25 times since birth) and as such, we were able to have a very relaxed time (no rush - we'll be back!)

So last March, Cathy and Dave and Cassie tried to hook up with us during our trip to Disneyland in California in June but it just wouldn't work out as Cassie was graduating from High School and had lots of graduation parties to attend : ). They planned a Disneyworld trip in July instead.

THen I get this phone call... why don't you guys come down for a few days! Cassie would LOVE it! I said No, we can't really afford it unless I find some great airfare prices...

Then I started thinking... I have an AP this year and DH has an old hopper ticket with two days left on it so we wouldn't need park tix... Then I managed to find great plane tix prices on Southwest (this was just before plane tix went up so astronomically). THen I managed to get AP rate at Pop so that cinched it - we were going!! $300 airfare and $300 hotel... not bad for 4 days.

Needless to say, everyone was ecstatic! We will hate the heat, of course (we usually go in November) and the lines but we will survive.

I even managed (at that late date) to snag dinner at Le Cellier one night, lunch at Chefs, Yak & Yeti and Kona Cafe and dinner for all 5 of us at The Wave so I was very happy.

So our friends left on Wednesday to go down. We arrive Monday afternoon. We are all meeting at the Wave for dinner that evening and we'll go from there. Oh, after dinner we are going to the Adventurer's club to say goodbye for sure!

Since we were just at Disneyland, and we are going back for our normal trip over Thanksgiving, we are skipping MK this trip and are focusing on EPCOT and AK for our two park days. We will probably also do EMH at DHS one evening to ride TOT, RnRC and Toy Story Mania, which we were lucky enough to ride twice in California a few weeks ago! It's amazing! It makes Buzz much less appealing, unfortunately.

So, that's all for now. It promises to be fun as are all of our trips : )

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow, cheap trip....you are lucky

wdwgrl377
07-25-2008, 02:22 PM
How cool! Sounds like you're gonna have a great time! :mickey:

Lizzie
07-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Nice cheap and quick trip. Have a good time with your friends.

faline
07-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Glad everything came together so well for you! Have a wonderful time!

#1disneyfan
07-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey neighbor!

Have a great time! You did great with your airfare and hotel!

Can't wait to read about it when you return!

DizNee143
07-29-2008, 11:58 AM
awesome..hope you have a good time on your quick trip!! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
That is nice that it all worked out so you could join your friends. I hope you all have a great time together. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Very cool!! Have a great trip.:mickey: