PDA

View Full Version : Our "Well-Deserved Magic" Pre-trip Report!

Young@Heart
07-25-2008, 01:42 AM
Well, it's almost here! The week we've been planning for about 25 months! It was a very sad day when we left WDW in July 2006. We'd stayed in Orlando an extra day to visit w/ DH's family who were also in the area. On the morning we left, I realized my wallet was missing! I had left it at AK Kennels and tracked it down at lost and found. :blush: So....we had to drive back under those signs and back out again-and say another tearful goodbye to our favorite place on Earth.

Fast forward through the last 2 years. After a couple of very stressful years at my job, and a tragic loss in our family, we couldn't wait to start planning this vacation. I have counted down every one of the last 180 days. And what seemed like lightyears away is almost here! :cloud9:

Happy Travelers:
Me-34
DH-37
(celebrating our 8th anniversary!!!)
DS-14
DS-12
DD-5

We leave in 8 days. We're driving to WDW from MA (the same thing we did last trip). We ususally try to get most of the driving done in the first day, stop over in SC for the night, and continue on to WDW the next day. So far, these are our plans:

Day 1: Bring our dog to the Epcot kennels and head over to POP to check in. We have 2 rooms (hopefully connecting) in the 60's section. Since I doubt our room will be ready, we're going to head over to MK and check out Mickey's Philharmagic (after last trip, we decided to always do this first), IASM, POTC, and maybe HM. We're then going to head back to POP and change for dinner at Chef Mickey's :mjump:. After dinner, it's back to MK for BTMRR, SplM, and the Jungle Boats. If we can fit in more, we're going to try! Oh, and of course, Wishes and Spectromagic.

Day 2: Up bright and early for Epcot! Starting off w/ Soarin', Living Seas, Turtle Talk, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and we can't forget DD's favorite-Journey into your Imagination. :figment: She bought a space suit Figment last trip and still brings him everywhere. She's already told me she's getting the skunk Figment this year.
At this point, we're either going to get a bite to eat at Sunshine Seasons or at POP. After eating, we're going to take a little break, maybe swim, then change for dinner at Akershus. After dinner, we hope to catch illuminations and then take a stroll around World Showcase.

Day 3: An early start w/ breakfast at Cape May Buffet (one of our favorites!), and then straight over to Blizzard Beach. DH and DS's are going to brave the bigger slides while I take DD to Tike's Peak, then we'll all do Teamboat Springs, Tobbogan Racers, and Cross Country Creek. After BB, we're going back to POP to change and then going to DQ. We'll spend a few hours here, probably head over to Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner, and then to DHS. No specific attractions during this time, just whatever we can do w/out waiting long (hopefully TSM).

Day 4: Our FULL DAY at MK!!!! : We'll head straight to Fantasyland and do everything we didn't do the first day, then on to Mickey's Toontown Fair. DD has an apt. at BBB :princess: at noon, so DH will take DS's to Buzz's Spaceranger Spin and I'll meet them there. Then we'll babyswap for SpM and then all go to Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. :sulley: Somewhere in here, we're also doing lunch at Cosmic Rays.
After a short break at POP, we're off to dinner (our anniversary dinner!) at 1900 Park Fare, then back to MK to get in any final attractions.

Day 5: DHS bright and early. Fast Passes for TSM right away, and maybe standby line if it's not too long. We also want to fit in VOTLM, Star Tours, Muppets :beaker:, Animation Studio, Playhouse Disney, and Beauty and the Beast.
From here, it's on to dinner at Boma and then some shopping at DTD.

Day 6: Our final day. We'll be going to AK after packing our bags and loading everything in the car. Starting off with Kilimanjaro Safari, EE, Kali River Rapids, ITTBAB, and probably Dinosaur. We're also hoping to catch Finding Nemo and FOTLK. After the parade at AK, our magic will have to come to and end (but only until our next trip-which is already in the planning stages!). We'll pick up our dog at Epcot kennels and start our long trek home.

I know I have things planned out, and it seems like a lot in a short period of time, but that's just how we "do Disney". It's worked for us before, so I'm going to stick w/ it. I'm flexable if we need to make changes, but it helps me to know where we're going next throughout the day.

Now, I just need to pack everything and savour the next few days.....no need to rush the magic! :tink:

gauvin4
07-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Sounds like a fantastic trip! :thumbsup: I can't wait to read your reports upon your return.

DizNee143
07-25-2008, 10:33 AM
yay!! sounds like a great trip you have planned..hope you and your family have a wonderful time!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Sounds Great, let us know how it turns out:pixie:

wdwgrl377
07-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Sounds great! Have a magical time. Can't wait to hear all about it! :mickey:

Lizzie
07-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a great trip have a good time.

Ropachs
07-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Wow, I need to plan more before I can post my pre-trip....it would be embarrassing compared to yours! Sounds like you know what you're doing, have a great time!!

pink
07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Sounds like you're going to have a great trip, enjoy. :mickey:

#1disneyfan
07-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Sounds like fun! Have a great and safe trip!

ChipnDaleGal
07-26-2008, 07:15 AM
Looks like you have some wonderful plans and I hope that you are able to get all of that done and have a fantastic trip with your family. Looking forward to hearing how much fun you had. :mickey:

VolMickey
07-26-2008, 08:01 AM
HaVe FuN!!!

faline
07-26-2008, 03:57 PM
You have done lots of planning! All that's left now is to operationalize it and have a wonderful time!

dolphinmickey9170
07-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Sounds like fun...have a great, safe trip. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

MauiMouse
07-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Have a great time! :mickey:

DISNEYLOVERS5
07-31-2008, 08:32 AM
well only a couple more days and you will be at the World how exciting I hope that you have a fabulous trip take lots of pics to post so we can hear all about it.

yjgirl32
07-31-2008, 09:05 AM
I learn something new everytime I come on here(which happens to be everyday). I didn't realize they had dog kennels. I hope they make heir stay as magical as they do ours. It sounds like you are going to have a great trip! Can't wait to read your trip reports! Have a great trip!

RedSoxFan
07-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Sounds like fun. Have a magical trip.:mickey:

castlelady36
08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Looks like a lot of fun planned. Have a great time!!!