PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Bayou Or The Mansions

fab4nczc
07-24-2008, 08:46 PM
:mickey We are planing a trip to por and have never been to the resort i have a few questions if anyone may want to help. 1. Is AB nicer than the mansion area
2.we have stayed at CRB in sept of 06 and were very pleased,we would of stayed there again if they were not under renovation, will we be as happy with POR.
Thanks for any info happy vacation disney fans

dixielandings
07-24-2008, 08:53 PM
As you may be able to surmise from my Icot handle, I love POR (formerly DixieLandings :mickey:). I prefer AB actually - more trees and the rooms are cozier. You should really enjoy the Resort - it's one of the most beautiful, even including Deluxes.

tink2006
07-24-2008, 10:10 PM
POR is one of our favorites as well :cloud9: We have stayed at both AB and Mansions. We prefer the mansions but both areas are very nice. It is simply a personal preference. Whether you pick AB or Mansions keep in mind that POR is fairly large and somewhat spread out so room location can be very important.

We stayed at CBR a couple of years ago. It was nice but we prefer POR hands down. It seemed that everything was a longer walk at CBR than at POR. However, the caribbean feel was wonderful. It was so relaxing to sit on the beach.

I am sure you will have a wonderful stay at POR :thumbsup:

RPHX2NC
07-24-2008, 10:49 PM
For adults I would suggest the mansions. This area seemed less crowded and more romantic. The gazebo and the quiet pools there were empty. The AB is more rustic and when we were there more crowded with families with children including the quiet pools, us included.

why4k
07-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I happened to check out a website devoted to POR and POFQ last night. It has alot of pictures of the Mansions and AB on it. Google it and see if this site helps you at all.

DumboMom
07-24-2008, 11:46 PM
When I stay at POR I always go for the Magnolia Way area. Like others have said you have the quiet pools, beautiful trees and a bus stop behind the building.
We stayed at CB for our honeymoon and we had a nice time but it seemed to take forever to get any where. :pirate::mickey:

Gator
07-25-2008, 03:34 PM
If you like staying in an apartment complex in south Austin, you'll love AB. That's what it felt like to me. If I had stayed in the Mansions, I probably would have a desire to go back to POR. But staying at AB left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't like it at all. I'll probably never be back again.

RPHX2NC
07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
If you like staying in an apartment complex in south Austin, you'll love AB. That's what it felt like to me. If I had stayed in the Mansions, I probably would have a desire to go back to POR. But staying at AB left a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't like it at all. I'll probably never be back again.

LOL. We feel the same way, and we will not be back.

Kairi_7378
07-25-2008, 08:38 PM
It depends on what kind of theming you prefer. If you like the more rustic decor, AB is for you. The Mansions are referred to in Birbaum's as a budget deluxe and have a more refined decor.

POR has some great amenities and I think that if you liked CBR you'll enjoy POR as well.

#1donaldfan
07-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Looks to me like a couple of guests have had some bad times at POR AB......sorry 'bout that !!

....anyway.....we love AB section....it's very shaded, laid back, and quiet. The resort is designed in a way that most essenitals are centrally located.....the bus system is great, the food in the food court is good, the breakfast at Boatwrights is AWESOME....you can grab a boat to DtD for shopping.....I feel that if you give POR AB a try, you too, would be a return guest...:cool:

andmomlau
07-30-2008, 08:32 PM
We stayed at POR (Dixie Landings) several times when our children were younger. Since then, we have stayed at several other resorts such as Poly, WL and BC. We are returning in 2 weeks and chose to go back to POR. Don't get me wrong, we loved the other resorts as well, but we really enjoyed all of our trips to POR and couldn't justify the price difference. I think you will love your stay....the food court, gift shop, grounds, boat ride to DTD...all make POR so enjoyable. We always stayed in the Mansions....just a personal preferance....I liked the decor much better and wasn't into the rustic feel. But no matter where you stay, I haven't heard of anyone not enjoying their stay at POR. ENJOY!:mickey:

Young@Heart
07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
We like the mansion area but don't really care for AB. Unfortunately, w/ 3 children, we're stuck w/ AB (no trundle bed in the mansion area), so we opted to pay a little more and get 2 rooms at POP!

TINKERBELL_82
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
I happened to check out a website devoted to POR and POFQ last night. It has alot of pictures of the Mansions and AB on it. Google it and see if this site helps you at all.

I couldn't find it! Can we have a hint?:mickey:

ChewyStriker
07-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Stayed in the mansions several times and decided to leave it up to fate last time and was put in AB. The room was nice enough, but I love the outdoor atmosphere of the mansion section much more. Very romantic!

If you're just going as adults, I'd say mansions all the way!:cloud9: