PDA

View Full Version : off-site, close, clean, CHEAP...

sillydisneymommy
07-24-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked many times before. We will be driving to WDW from SC and will either try to stop an hour or two before Orlando, or come all the way into Orlando the night before our check-in at ASM. SO, we need a hotel just to get some sleep in for one short night. I am looking for advice on an off-site hotel that is as inexpensive as humanly possible while still being clean and not frightening! I would love suggestions of hotels in towns an hour or 2 away, and also right near WDW. What have you got for me?! Thanks!

TheMartellFamily
07-24-2008, 10:52 PM
If you do and hour or two maybe checl out the Best Western Myan in Daytona Beach. For $100 or so you can have a Ocean front room, they are next to the Ocean Deck (great casual food), and they have a good breakfast in the morning.

Next to Disney we have done Lake Bueno Vista Comfort inn. And sometimes you can get a great price at one of the WDW value resorts.

This year we are driving to Daytona the first night, then doing All Star Sports for $78 the second night, then we check into Pop for the main stay.

andreallybadeggs
07-25-2008, 12:49 AM
We've gotten some pretty good deals at the HoJo West in the past.

Vito
07-25-2008, 06:24 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked many times before. We will be driving to WDW from SC and will either try to stop an hour or two before Orlando, or come all the way into Orlando the night before our check-in at ASM. SO, we need a hotel just to get some sleep in for one short night. I am looking for advice on an off-site hotel that is as inexpensive as humanly possible while still being clean and not frightening! I would love suggestions of hotels in towns an hour or 2 away, and also right near WDW. What have you got for me?! Thanks!I would highly recommend one of the "online travel sites" that price and review hotels, have user ratings etc. It might take you a bit of time to go through and find a good deal, but I'm sure there are many good ones near Orlando.

And would just be my personal preference, but I would stay at one of the places very near to WDW. Driving the extra hour or two the night before will free up the time in the morning, giving you that much longer at WDW, or that much longer to sleep in the next morning.

Look around the Kissimmee area or even some of the "gate" properties around WDW.

If you know the exact date, I'd be happy to look up a couple of sample prices at some hotels near WDW. Doing a very quick search, I've found a couple of decently reviewed hotels in/near Lake Buena Vista for around $50-$60. To get a decent hotel cheaper than that you'd probably have to go further away from WDW, but I start to get suspicious of anything less than $50 ;)

gauvin4
07-25-2008, 08:08 AM
We have stayed at the Comfort Inn at Lake Buena Vista two different times. It is only minutes from WDW. We were happy with our stay and I believe we paid around $50-$60 per night (The last time we were there was in 2002). I would not hesitate to stay there again.

big blue and hairy
07-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Check Intercot's sponsor specials. At one point we stayed at the Radisson Celebration-Orlando for $69.

Intercot Sponsors (http://intercot.com/news/advertising/sponsors.asp)

:sulley:

Mousemates
07-25-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm simply chiming in with some of the previous mentioned suggestions. First of all, if the time of your trip is in a value season, and you have access to special rates (say AAA) you might be suprised to learn that simply adding a night on the front end of your visit might be fairly inexpensive....which would also be very convenient.

Next I would check out the intercot sponsoring lodgings....again there are often great deals here that will fit your "clean and not scary" parameters.

And finally, if none of the above works out, I'd say check out some of the sites that give detailed reviews of the econmy priced off-property resorts.