PDA

View Full Version : coronado springs with kids?

speedmouse93
07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Going to Disney in Sept. and staying at CSR with a group of 8 (4 adults and 4 kids). Is there a lot to do for kids and how is the bus service to the parks? Are the room nice and clean? Would you prefer this resort for our group?

Flower
07-24-2008, 09:20 PM
We have stayed at Coronado several times, both with kids and without.

At the time our son was just shy of 2 years and it was great for him, there is a baby pool, a playground which includes a 'bone dig', and the main slide has a water slide.

For the adults, they offer spa services & health club.

Since you are traveling with kids, my for room recommendation section would be the Cabanas section. The Cabanas are located on a 'sandy beach', in addition to the sand they have hammocks scattered throughout and there is a quiet pool & laundry facilities close by. The buildings are only 2 story so it is convenient.

Section Cabanas 8A is our referable location, close to the walkway to the front of the resort, close to a bus stop & close to the main pool & ammenities.

RPHX2NC
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
We loved CSR with the children. The pool is great and the playground and sand dig areas are right there. I think there was also an area beside the bar where you can play soccer? It was 2005. We love the pool bar because you can order food. We had meals and never had to leave the pool. I also think there is an arcade right there. The bus service was great. We always had a seat even at park closing. Pepper market was really good and Maya grill was great, we had dinner there twice. The beach areas and hammocks are also nice and it never seemed crowded. :secret:

lilolvr
07-25-2008, 07:57 AM
The main pool area has a kiddie pool, a great 123 ft slide, a giant sandbox, a playground, a sand volleyball court and an arcade. The marina has bike rentals, watermice rentals and fishing. There is lots for kids to do.

http://reflectionsby.smugmug.com/photos/336886827_5Xb5Y-XL.jpg

LisaMarie
07-25-2008, 10:45 PM
I was there in September a couple of years ago for a convention. I tried to spend as much time in the parks as I could. The bus service was great and never crowded because many of the people staying there are on business and never even go to the parks. Several times I had my own private bus to the Magic Kingdom.

Mousemates
07-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Yes...with kids having the slightly larger rooms will be nice, as will the inroom fridge....so a mod unit will be nice...and given that CBR might still be undergoing a pool rehab...that leaves only CSR and PO. Your grown up dining options are better at CSR (as are the amenities given it is a conference center) so I think you have chosen well.

badllamamama
07-26-2008, 07:32 AM
As mentioned, CSR has lots for the kids to do and the lifeguards play games with the kids poolside too.

kathiep
07-26-2008, 09:26 AM
My kids were 4 and almost 3 last September and they loved CSR.

Have a great trip!

Iluvpooh
07-28-2008, 08:34 PM
CSR is my favorite mod!! We were there in October of last year with a 4year old and a 3 year old and they loved it.