PDA

View Full Version : So confused about ADR and changes

Tinks my favorite
07-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Our trip begins Jan 26/09, staying at AS Music resort. So 180 days out from that puts us at July 30th. But if I read correctly, the 180 day ADR stops for Jan 25th until the changes are made. But then I read somewhere else that "The normal 180 day booking window will be reduced starting July 31, 2008".

Could you tell me which is correct?

Trev&Ev Mom
07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Our trip Jan 22-28, 2009. I called this past Saturday to make my ADR's and I could only make them up until Jan 25th. For Jan 26th & 27th, I was told to call back the end of August for more info as to when I can book the rest of our reservations.

SAHDad
07-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Our trip Jan 22-28, 2009. I called this past Saturday to make my ADR's and I could only make them up until Jan 25th. For Jan 26th & 27th, I was told to call back the end of August for more info as to when I can book the rest of our reservations.

I was told today that I should just keep checking back, to see when I could make ADRs for Jan 26 and beyond.

DisneyBabies
07-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Figment! has posted information on this topic on a thread called "New Advanced Dinning Reservation System and Effects on Booking *Updated 7-16-08*"
The basic points are this:

Beginning July 25, 2008 no dinning, tour or excursion reservations will be accepted for dates beyond January 25, 2009. (The only exceptions to this are V&A, CRT and Chef Mickey's who will stay on their original 180 day reservation period. Example - My 180 day mark is August 31, 2008 so I can call on that day and make my ressies for CRT and Chef Mickey's even though I can't reserve anything else until the unfreeze.)

The system update includes a way for guests and travel agents to book ressies online and to update the system (ie software) to allow dinning, tour and excursion ressies to be booked on the same system.

The tentative unfreeze date is "the end of Oct 2008". Disney will firm this up as they know how the system review is progressing.

When the unfreeze occurs ressies may be made for 180 or less from that date. Example - if the unfreeze is Oct 25, 2008, then those with trips beginning Jan 26, 2009 thru April 23, 2009 may call to make dinning, tour and excursion ressies.

Those seem to be the main points right now. If I have missed anything, please post a correction.

Tinks my favorite
07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the replies! It just seemed to be conflicting info that I had, between 2 different dates. I ended up calling Disney and got the same answer as stated above. I can make CM and CRT tomorrow but nothing else until it starts up again. That is going to be crazy time I think!

Now, is BBB considered and excursion? I am going to ask about that tomorrow when I call!