PDA

View Full Version : What's Good and Not So Good at Marrakesh?

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi, thanks for opinions on Tony's and Raglan Road....Now, what do you think about Restaurant Marrakesh? What's good and not so good?:)

ElenitaB
07-24-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm sure that some people will be along soon with their input... in the meantime, thought you might want to see what some of the dishes look like. You can find pics from Marrakesh (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/epcot/worldshowcase/marrakesh.asp#photo10) (and many other WDW eateries) on InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/default.asp).

I can tell you that I did not like the "Marrakesh Delight" dessert that I ordered; it was supposed to be a fruit salad topped with mint ice cream. I was kinda surprised that it came with mint chocolate chip ice cream. :confused:

BoricuaBell
07-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I went to Marrakesh last year and found that the lamb is fantastic! It would be the best pick! :mickey:

tundramom
07-24-2008, 08:31 PM
We liked the shish kabobs and Marrakesh Delight. The Delight had mint (no chips) ice cream and an orange water syrup, I thought the flavor combo was heavenly. We did not like the Bastille. Marrakesh has become one of our must dos now.:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
07-24-2008, 10:42 PM
We ate there last Sept and were pleasantly surprised. DH had the kabobs, I think...I had the lemon chicken, it was delicous and a huge portion.

I can't remember what I had for dessert...oh, it was the bastilla. I thought it was good, different, but tasty. Not too heavy.

This was a last minute ADR for us (as in, we went to Guest Relations at 10am and were able to get a 4:30 ressie), but I would eat there again.

RPHX2NC
07-24-2008, 11:08 PM
The atmosphere was really neat, better than the food. The food was good, not great. There are better places in Epcot for food quality. The children enjoyed the belly dancer and the music. It was an experience. We don't have any restaurants like this so I really liked it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 11:02 AM
I hope the mint chocolate chip icecream was just a fluke...the pastries sound really good...I was looking at the Sultan sampler and thought that sounded good

bkfree
07-25-2008, 12:30 PM
We went last trip and loved it.

My favorites were the soup, the chicken bastilla and the beef brewat as well as the Lemon chicken.
I was not too much a fan of the lamb, it seemed a little fatty to me.
It was a great meal and not too different for picky eaters.
We would definitely go back.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm not a fan of lamb, so probably won't order it....my son loves grilled meats but can be picky about sauces...what kind of sauce do they put on the shish kaboobs? :blush:

mouseketeer mom
07-25-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm not a fan of lamb, so probably won't order it....my son loves grilled meats but can be picky about sauces...what kind of sauce do they put on the shish kaboobs? :blush:

I wondered the same thing...We are going for the first time in August. My kids are used to my shish kabobs..the kind I make on our grill. Wondering if the ones at Marrakesh taste very different then what they may be used to.

Disneypixie513
07-25-2008, 11:27 PM
We went last year, and we were not impressed with it. Our waiter was unattentive, only saw him once or twice the whole time. Another waiter took care of us luckily.
The food was okay. That kind of flavor didn't really appeal to us, so that may be a reason we didn't really like it.
We were very disappointed with the belly dancer. We saw her for maybe 5 minutes, then she left and didn't come back.
We probably wouldn't go back.

Natazu
07-26-2008, 04:55 AM
I love the Seafood Bastilla, Harira Soup, Beef Brewat Rolls, and the Lamb Couscous, mmm.

VolMickey
07-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Never been there, but sounds good!:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
07-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Love the beef brewat...husband loved the lamb (I'm not a lamb fan myself, but it was very tasty; not gamey).
Everyone in our family enjoys the couscous (Tiny little rice like pasta that soaks up all the flavor of the broth) I think your kids will like it.
There are many ways to prepare it.

Enjoy.