PDA

View Full Version : Checking in early??

Kerr0173
07-24-2008, 03:35 PM
I noticed in another thread, someone mentions getting to the World on Friday morning early to get a better chance at a room with a view. What are the chances of getting to check in early?

We are also arriving on a Friday, Jan.2nd staying at Beach Club Villas. Is their any view better than another at BCV?

Thanks, Kerrie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I would think this would depend on several factors....whether or not those rooms with a view or reserved for preferred customers only, what rooms may already be cleaned, management policy, etc....I've heard you can leave your luggage at the hotel if you want to get there early and start enjoying the parks:)

faline
07-24-2008, 03:56 PM
You can check in early but there is no guarantee you will get your room early in the day. If your room is not ready, you can store your luggage and will be given a number to call later in the day to get your room assignment.

I don't know if early check-in improves your chances of a better view or not.

Strmchsr
07-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Rooms are assigned a couple of days before you check in, so check in time has absolutely no impact on what room you get. The only advantage to an early check in is that they can show you where your room is and if the location is totally unacceptable you can request a change. They can usually work with you if you have a real need to move.

MsMin
07-24-2008, 04:15 PM
I've checked in early on many occasions and they didn't even give us the room # but a # to call back to retrieve it when we returned from the parks.
Most often the better views are more points or more $$. I agree with everyone I don't think it makes a difference. I have requested a building on my ressies but views were more points w/ DVC.
It is nice to check in early to get your tx and DDP if you purchased it.
Have a great trip!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-24-2008, 04:50 PM
You can check in early, and the above posters are right, they don't promise that your room will be ready, or that you'll have any better chance at something "special".

In our case, we arrived at 11am, and checked-in to FQ. They didn't have connecting rooms, even if we offered to wait for some to get cleaned, etc, so it didn't make any difference. We did get ajoining rooms, only across a small hall, so it worked out fine.

The nice part of checking in early is that the resort will store your luggage, so you can start enjoying the parks right away!

MushuGrl
07-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Much to our surprise on our last trip, our friend, who arrived at 6:30 a.m. ahead of us, got into a room immediately! Like many posters said, if you don't mind compromising a bit and the rooms are available, they can get you right in. If not..enjoy the parks!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-24-2008, 08:52 PM
I'd think you'd have a better chance of getting an upgrade if you get there later and all the standard rooms have already been assigned.