PDA

View Full Version : NEED Step by Step directions at MCO

crazypoohbear
07-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Help!!
My 2 Sons are flying down to Orlando alone!
They are going to meet me at the hotel.
I am looking for Step by Step directions to give them through the airport.
They are flying Delta from Boston to Orlando.
They are flying non stop (HOPEFULLY)

Can someone tell me how to tell them to go from the terminal to ME?
They have come with me several times but this will be their first trip alone.

They are 19 and 13 Years old

HELP I'm very nervous about them flying alone

faline
07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Jeanne provided very specific instructions in this other post (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=138307).

smiles_rock
07-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm sure they will be fine! The Orlando airport is really easy to navigate, especially if they have done it before!
When they get off the tram, they should just follow the signs to the rental car counters on the B side of the airport. Once they are on the floor with the rental counters, the DME counter is towards the end (to the right if they take the escalators). Just make sure they have their Magical Express paperwork and remind them that if they get confused...just ask. There are plenty of employees at the airport who can direct them to the right place.
Hope that helps, have a great time!!!!

dnickels
07-24-2008, 12:47 PM
19 years old??? He'll be fine!! I'm sure it's a 'mom' thing to worry, but there are signs everywhere. Heck I was driving from Michigan to Florida for spring break with college friends at that age without my parents expecting anything more than a "call us when you get there or if you have any problems."

They'll be fine! :thumbsup:

em-n-mia's-mommy
07-25-2008, 10:49 AM
orlando airports website gives specific directions for arrivals and departures. If you go to google and type in orlando airport you will find the website.

carley
07-25-2008, 09:44 PM
last year we went on our first trip to disney and having never been in orlando airport we were a little nervous as to where to go..much to my husbands surprize when he entered the airport i said in a very loud voice " alright mickey here we come...whose with me"

the clapping and and laughing and the choruses of WE ARE.... we followed the crowd :mickey:

navigateing was real easy after that :secret:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-25-2008, 11:11 PM
I hope the 13 year old doesn't read this (since he doesn't know yet that he's going)? And Joe's good with directions so he'll be fine as long as he reads the signs. They can always call us when they get there and we can "walk" them through it.

playdead88
07-26-2008, 07:04 AM
http://www.orlandoairports.net/arrive/arrive.htm

check out MCO website - they have pretty detailed step by step info about the terminal :mickey:

playdead88
07-26-2008, 07:06 AM
http://www.orlandoairports.net/ops/bus_taxi.htm

heres another one! check this out it actually is all about the ME and where its located in MCO - very cool :mickey:

crazypoohbear
07-26-2008, 10:13 AM
I hope the 13 year old doesn't read this (since he doesn't know yet that he's going)? And Joe's good with directions so he'll be fine as long as he reads the signs. They can always call us when they get there and we can "walk" them through it.

Tim doesn't read anything these days that doesn't pertain to XBOX 360! :(
Joe is good with directions but I'm concerned about the part where they get off the plane and get to the tram.
I know once they get off the tram and go downstairs to DME they will be fine.
But, I can't remember how to get from the deplaning to the tram?
That's the part I want to map out for him.
That plus Tim is very nervous about life in general when there isn't a "real adult" around to guide him.

Ed
07-26-2008, 05:15 PM
I know once they get off the tram and go downstairs to DME they will be fine.
But, I can't remember how to get from the deplaning to the tram?
That's the part I want to map out for him.

That's probably the easiest part of the whole thing.

The airside terminal that Delta uses consists of a central atrium with three "wings" radiating out from there. One wing contains gates 70-79, another 80-89, and the third 90-99. Once they get off the plane, they need to walk to the central atrium, and they can't miss the trams. The tram ride takes about 45 seconds, and makes only one stop. They get off there and head toward Baggage Claim B. (There are plenty of big signs.) At that point, they're on the third floor. Take the elevator or escalator down to the first floor and follow the signs to the DME counter, which will be on the opposite end of the terminal from where they'd be coming down from Delta.

Piece of cake!

:cool:

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
07-29-2008, 03:16 PM
ya know crazypoohbear,

if you just took me with you this time this would not be an issue at all.

I've a keen sense of direction...