PDA

View Full Version : First Post...Need Help PLEASE.

DisneyMcNuts
07-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Hello Disney Friends,

This is my first post, but I really need a little help here....

I have an upcoming September trip to Disney staying at the Polynesian, my only concern...I am a little confused on what needs to be done since our group of 4 will be arriving at 2 different times.

I booked the package for 2 families that will be arriving approximately 3 hours different from each other. We are both flying into MCO and using Magical Express. What will need to be done since both families are arriving at different times??

The package is in my name, and I along with my Mom will be arriving first...will we need to wait at the airport 3 hours for the rest of our party before catching the Magical Express and traveling to checkin at the Poly?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Amy

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Checkers
07-24-2008, 09:38 AM
:mickey: We are doing the same thing in Oct. only there will be 3 families arriving at different times. We are DVC members so what I plan on doing is calling Member Services and giving them the flight times of each family. That way they can issue the luggage tags accordingly. I don't see any reason why you couldn't call ME directly and do the same thing. You can go directly to the Polynesian and wait for the remainder of your party there instead of waiting at the airport. It would be much more comfortable and your vacation will be starting 3 hours earlier:party:. Hope this answers your question.

And, :welcome: to Intercot!

DisneyMcNuts
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the Welcome! I am excited to be here!

One more question...do you think that we will we be able to check in and go to our room without the remainer of our party? I would love if possible to go to the room and "Prepare" the room a little for the rest of our party. This will be my Best Friends first trip to Disney and she is 43, so I would love to visit the gift shop and spruce up the room with excitement just a little bit for her.

I have already spoken to a CM and gave them the correct flight information for both traveling parties, so all we should have to do after arrival at MCO would be for both groups 3 hours apart, to go check in at Magical Express counter and catch the ME bus to Poly?

I used Magical Express for the first time last year, and didn't have the problem of 2 arrival times so I appreciate all your advise and help.

Amy

Tick-Tock
07-24-2008, 10:42 AM
If the room's in your name, I would imagine you can check in. They don't require your entire party to be standing there at check-in (my DH is usually wandering somewhere). If you want the Keys to the World cards to be attached to separate credit cards, though, you'll want to make it clear to the CM checking you in that you want only your card, and that the rest of the party will need to get their cards separately.

MNNHFLTX
07-24-2008, 04:16 PM
One more question...do you think that we will we be able to check in and go to our room without the remainer of our party? I would love if possible to go to the room and "Prepare" the room a little for the rest of our party. This will be my Best Friends first trip to Disney and she is 43, so I would love to visit the gift shop and spruce up the room with excitement just a little bit for her.

:welcome: to INTERCOT, Amy!

Unless you have a package with the free dining added, you should be able to check in separately and not have to wait for the rest of your party. If you do have the free dining, however, then all members of the party have to be present at check-in. :mickey:

DisneyMcNuts
07-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks Beth.........

Unfortunately, we have free dining, so I guess we will all have to be there before we can check in. They are flying DELTA (Don't Ever Leave The Airport - can you tell I work at an Airport- heehee) so I certainly hope they don't incur a flight delay.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-24-2008, 08:20 PM
We didn't have all the members of our group with us when we checked in last year. Checking in separately shouldn't be a problem unless as state you want the room keys to be attached to different credit cards.

MNNHFLTX
07-24-2008, 08:58 PM
We didn't have all the members of our group with us when we checked in last year. Checking in separately shouldn't be a problem unless as state you want the room keys to be attached to different credit cards.Did you have the free dining plan though? They instituted that policy (that everyone had to be present) because I guess some people were trying to get extra dining credits by claiming there were more people in the room than there actually were.

dixielandings
07-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Even if you can't check in until everyone is present, I'd recommend going ahead to the Resort. I'd certainly much rather wait for the rest of my family on the sands of Poly than in MCO, as nice an airport as it is.

You could also have a cup of Kona while you wait. Yum...:mcoffee:

2Princesses4Us
07-26-2008, 10:51 AM
I'll be at the Poly in September too!
We stayed at CS springs last time so it's our first time at Poly!

mickeefan
07-26-2008, 02:56 PM
If you have to wait 3 hours for the rest of your party to check in, then you could;

Walk down to the Poly beach and enjoy the view. Then talk a walk around and see how beautiful the grounds are.
Hop on the monorail and take a ride around the loop.
Go to Kona and get a bite to eat. We love it there.
Grab a sofa in the lounge area and view the castle.
Sure beats sitting at MCO for 3 hours.
Enjoy your trip. Your gonna love it there.

TammiMcMan
07-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Did you have the free dining plan though? They instituted that policy (that everyone had to be present) because I guess some people were trying to get extra dining credits by claiming there were more people in the room than there actually were.Beth is correct. I believe you'll even see that statement about all guests being present at check-in on the bottom of your confirmation. Unforunately, people figured a way around the free dining and got themselves additional credits from "phantom" guests.

All CM's should be verifying free dining groups at check-in, but I imagine that sometimes they just assume you're all together. I would plan on heading to the resort when you're flight arrives, checking your luggage and enjoying the amenities while you wait for the rest of your group to get there. I'm sure worst case, if there is a long delay, Disney will allow you to check-in, but hold the remaining room keys until the other group arrives.

kellyisbusy
07-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Just tell the front desk that you want to put a suprise in your friends room and see what they can do to accomodate that, it should not be that difficult.

TammiMcMan
07-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Just tell the front desk that you want to put a suprise in your friends room and see what they can do to accomodate that, it should not be that difficult.It sounds like they are all in the same room anyway. They may be allowed to check-in without the rest of the group, but unfortunately due to free dining, it's not likely.

Because there are so many things that can change a room assignment, Disney doesn't put anything in a room until the guests have physically checked in and received their room number.

playdead88
07-28-2008, 06:32 AM
:lei: the poly is so much nicer than mco - i vote for waiting on the beach! :vacation:

:welcome:

disneymom2000
07-28-2008, 08:15 AM
:hands::welcome::wave:
All you have to do is say "First Post" and "Help" and you can get anything you need from these guys. I definately vote for waiting at the Poly and checking out the territory, picking up the maps and schedules at the desk and start planning my first outing over a cup of something at Kona and then checking out the shops at the resort. This always kick starts my vacation. Just getting my hands on that special Disney merchandise - I can't resist.:rocks::yay: