PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Pool and Floatation devices

Itchy
07-23-2008, 08:42 PM
It has been a long time since I had a child that was young enough to need a floatation device. I have stayed at Pop before but never really noticed , but does the pool have floatation device for small children or will I need to by my own? I will be bringing my granddaughter ( almost 1 ) this Sept and I know she will want to go in the pool.

any help would be appreciated.:mickey:

disneymom15
07-24-2008, 09:53 AM
I think they have life vests. I think if you want the blow up water wings you'll have to bring your own (but not sure).

Lizzie
07-24-2008, 12:20 PM
I know at All Star Music last September they sold water wings and other stuff in the gift store. But I remember there being life jackets available for the kids around the pool.

Fennell417
07-24-2008, 06:52 PM
There were life jackets at the Pop Century last September, but there is no guarantee that there will be one that will fit her. My DS (3) often had to go without because we couldn't find one small enough for him. If he was a bigger kid it wouldn't have been a problem.

Wishmaker
07-27-2008, 10:06 AM
They do have vests however, don't even bother bringing anything other than water wings and a ball. Any other flotaion devices are not allowed. My daughter and I were there in May and this single mom and her two kiddos had brought all this stuff with them to play on and the life guard came and made her take them out and said they were not allowed. It was sad. So I don't want the same thing to happen to you. Also bringing something on your trip to find it was a waste erks me. All that trouble for nothing.

Young@Heart
07-27-2008, 12:04 PM
They do have vests however, don't even bother bringing anything other than water wings and a ball. Any other flotaion devices are not allowed. My daughter and I were there in May and this single mom and her two kiddos had brought all this stuff with them to play on and the life guard came and made her take them out and said they were not allowed. It was sad. So I don't want the same thing to happen to you. Also bringing something on your trip to find it was a waste erks me. All that trouble for nothing.

Are noodles still allowed? I know when we were there in 2006, many family had brought them. Some kids shared with my kids. This time, I remembered to pick up some to bring with us. But if they don't allow them anymore, no need to bring them along.

Wishmaker
07-28-2008, 08:04 AM
I love the noodles!! They would be a pain to bring though if they didn't allow them. I would be afraid to say either way. All I know is what I witnessed there in May. I am a caller, I would give them a ring before you leave and ask. Best wishes.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
That is strange. I had a small float for my then 9 month old. (like a little blow up seat that she was in) and I swam her around the bowling pool last September and there were no issues. THere were also lots of noodles and beach balls that had been previously left at the pool.

Disney Doll
07-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I think the issue is more with the larger floating toys that could obstruct the lifeguard's view and therefore create a safety hazard. I think that's why noodles are allowed, but rafts are not. Probably the safest bet would be to just call to specifically ask about the toy you have in mind. I have seen life jackets at the pool, but not the kind you would use for a baby. If it were me I'd just hold the baby in the pool. My son doesn't like those floating baby seats because it's just not as secure as mommy's arms.