PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating at our favorite place --- pretrip report...

MsMin
07-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Just a quick pretrip report...
Cast: Me ( single mother of 3)
DD23... Rachel
Yes, just the two of us. For those who have not read it. When Rachel was little her Pre-K teacher listed her as a future veterinarian in the class prophecy. This was in 1990. Rachel (thanks teachers!) has held on to that dream. Several years ago when we were at WDW she asked me to promise that if she got into vet school that I would take her to WDW and stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate her accomplishment. Fast forward to today..
WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!! AND STAYING AT THE ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS!!!

So this is just a mother/daughter celebration trip.
We leave on Sat. morning driving straight through and stay outside the grounds. Why? because we just added this the other day. Sunday we plan to attend Blizzard Beach. A first for us.
Monday we will go shopping and we board our cruise ship by 4pm out of Port Canaveral . Unfortunately it's not Disney but it was booked to accommodate the only availability I could procure at AKV. We return from the cruise on
Friday Aug. 1st . We head back to WDW to our ressies at AKV with a Savannah view.
Plans are to hit AK in the morning and take a break by late afternoon. We will break in the late afternoon and then head to MK about 7 and for the EMH with the park open til 3am.
Yes, we will be exhausted.
Saturday is EPCOT day. We are planning FW by a.m. and take a celebratory loop around the world with Dinner @ Spoodles at 6:30. After dinner we will return to the WS for illuminations and to finish our world tour ;)
Sunday we will have breakfast with Jeanne (Piglet822) and Jim before we head to the Studios and possibly MK before leaving late that afternoon.
We may head back to Lake City that night and rest before the long drive back home.
We can't wait... plans now are to go pack...:simba:

mouseketeer mom
07-23-2008, 08:40 PM
That is just fantastic!! I wish you and your DD a terrific celebration! Congratulations to the future VET!

pogo
07-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Beth..... I hope you and your daughter have as wonderful time as I think you are going to. :cloud9:

Take lots of photo's and enjoy this time with your beautiful daughter.

Travel safe and Bon Voyage ! :D

faline
07-23-2008, 08:49 PM
:thumbsup::mickey: What a great reason for a Disney trip!

#1disneyfan
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Congrats to you and your DD! Have a great trip!

dolphinmickey9170
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
:mickey:Sounds like a trip well deserved!!!:mickey:

Have a great trip.

castlelady36
07-23-2008, 10:07 PM
That is great!! What a wonderful accomplishment for her. Have a great time!!:party:

Lizzie
07-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Congrats to your daughter! Have a great trip.

Young@Heart
07-24-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm sure you are very proud of your daughter! Congrats to her, and to you for doing a great job raising her. :mickey: It sounds like you're both in for a great trip!

DizNee143
07-24-2008, 11:46 AM
congrats to your daughter!!
hope you two have a wonderful vacation together!! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Have a great, well earned vacation! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back! :mickey: Have a great time!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Sounds great...we always stay half day at the Parks on our last day and spend the night in Lake City:)

MauiMouse
07-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Beth, have a fantastic time with your daughter. Enjoy Blizzard Beach, we are going to a water park our first day as well next trip. :thumbsup: Never been so this will be a new experience.

wdwgrl377
07-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Beth...what a great trip you've got planned with Rachel. I'm so excited for her. I know you two will have a blast! Blizzard beach is awesome! You will like it there....

I can't wait to hear all about it once you get back! Be safe and if you see Aladdin text me! :blush:

Have a magical time!

princessgirls
07-25-2008, 10:30 PM
A wonderful trip you have planned.

Can't wait to read your trip reports.

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

RedSoxFan
07-29-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm late; but I hope the two of you are having a wonderful time. Can't wait to read all about it.

ChipnDaleGal
07-29-2008, 08:35 PM
I am sure you have never been so happy or proud to keep a promise Beth. I hope you both have an incredible trip. :mickey:

DisneyCouture
07-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Beth hope u and Rachel have a great trip and congrats on Vet school. You must be so proud of her! Can't wait to see pics when u get back.

Bethanymouse
07-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Beth, I hope that you enjoy your trip. Congrats to your daughter on her accomplishments, that is something to be proud of! I cant wait to hear all about your special trip when you get back!:mickey:

Mackflava99
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Excellent Pre-Report- thank you
You must be really proud of her- have a wonderful time!!

daparish
07-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Beth,
I am a little behind on my post. As I type this you are on your last night of the cruise. I hope you and Rachel are having a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it.:mickey: