PDA

View Full Version : Idea for new park/attraction

GrumpyFan
07-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Reedy Creek Buccaneer made a joke about DHS adding a Wipeout Zone (http://intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1694757&postcount=71)
that gave me an idea for a new attraction/park. At least I think it was a joke.

While this is a silly/quirky reality game show that seems to be very similar to a Japanese game show called MXC, it's still somewhat entertaining to watch, if only for a little while. Anyway, I got to thinking since this is an ABC property, maybe they could bring it to WDW, either in the Studios which could use a "wet" attraction, or maybe at one of the water parks.

But then, it got me to thinking even bigger.
Why not build a sports themed park at ESPN WWS or somewhere on WDW property with water sport games similar to Wipeout and/or an American Gladiator arena, plus, baseball, football, soccer, boxing, rock climbing, etc events that people could compete in for prizes and maybe money too. It probably wouldn't be a huge draw, but there are enough sports competitors that visit WDW on a daily basis who would probably give this a shot. And if they built it right, they could have shows throughout the day for guests to watch the competitors in the different arenas and even tape some of them for TV. They could even tape it for the local WDW TV if nothing else.

Of course there are lots of logistics that would have to be worked out. But, surely they could build several sports-related attractions where everyday people could test their skills against each other and/or compete against a "pro".