PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Button for a 1 yr old

avantgardeinker
07-23-2008, 03:18 PM
We are planning on going to The World next October (2009). My DD's 4th birthday will be right before we go and my soon to be DS's 1st birthday will be right after we get back. (As long as he is born when he is supposed to be...) Anyway... We've decided to celebrate both of their birthdays at WDW (We're going for parent's of the year). I was wondering if anyone has ever celebrated a 1st b-day? What should I do with his button as he will be way to young to wear it. I don't want it coming undone and sticking him or him pulling on it and tearing his clothes.

Also wondering what magical moments your kids have had because of the birthday button. One time we were at Cosmic Ray's trying to stay out of the rain. A kid with a BB came in just to get a straw for his drink. The CM saw his button and gave him a chocolate cake and told him Happy Birthday. I thought that was cool. Just wondering what else the CM's might do for our kids to make their celebration extra special.

I'm really wanting to start planning, but it's a little early right now since we can't book yet. This will help me get a Disney planning fix and maybe hold me over until Oct. when we try to exchange for a DVC resort!

:mickey:

Lizzie
07-23-2008, 04:14 PM
We got birthday buttons for our girls 2nd Birthday and just stuck them to their stroller. But we got them more for a keepsake for when they get older.

Imagineer1981
07-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Good question. My DS will be 1 next Feb and we wanted to go there for this event. I know he won't remember but we sure will...any ideas?

Kairi_7378
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I've seen a lot of cute birthday hats and bibs at Babies R Us... perhaps you can get one of those instead of trying to put the pin on him? I agree with you that that the pin is not a good idea for his clothes. Maybe you can tie a special balloon to his stroller. Are you going to celebrate both birthdays on the same day?

OhToodles!
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
We're going this October for my DS's 1st birthday. I had shirts made for each person in our party that said "Today is Dylan's Birthday" on the back with a different Disney character on the front for us all to wear that day. (His says "Today is my 1st Birthday".) We're also doing a character meal on his actual birthday (the last day for the lunch at Garden Grill) and will be seeing Fantasmic! at DHS later that night.

Happy Planning! I'm sure it will be great memories! :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
We were there for my youngest son's 2nd birthday last year and he wore the button on his birthday. They didn't "do" anything for him (nor did we expect them to) other than bringing him a cupcake at Chef Mickey's, but all the CM's who noticed wished him a happy birthday and made a little fuss over him which was very nice (appreciated more by DW than DS, I think).

Vicki Mouse
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
My DD turned 7 and we got the button from guest services at OKW. All day ever CM in the Park said happy birthday as we walked by. It was a really big thrill for her and she kept asking how everybody knew! She got cupcakes at every restaurant but the waiter at BOMA was the best, he read her name on the button and had the plate personalized with her name and musical notes. It was very special...take advantage of the personal attention.

wire0monkey
07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
We didn't get a button for my son's 1st birthday, but we did get some cool stuff.

We had breakfast at Crystal Palace that morning. I told the server that my son was having a birthday. She gave him a cupcake and a card signed by Pooh and the gang!

We had dinner at Biergarten that night. I told the server that my son was having a birthday. She gave him a cookie and an Epoct birthday card signed by the waitstaff.

We told the hotel (ASMovies) that he was having a birthday and when we got back to the room, there were helium balloons and a birthday card signed by Mickey waiting for him.

PopDivaPaige
07-24-2008, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't suggest putting the pin on him, but maybe putting the pin on the stroller? Maybe you can find a cute little 1st Birthday T-shirt or hat. A hat would work well because it will prove it is his birthday, and he will have something to cover his head and eyes from the heat. Nobody wants a cranky baby at Disney! I, personally, never had a birthday at Disney, but I see kids who have Birthdays there all of the time, especially babies. I think you should put a hat on him instead of a pin. Pins aren't very safe for a baby.