PDA

View Full Version : slow down -short trip- no dining

RPHX2NC
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
I convinced DH to follow our 5 day Carnival cruise with 3 nights at Disney at the end of September. We have never done a short trip, or a trip without free dining.

The idea is to drive from Jacksonville to the resort and spend the first day at the pool. We will do counter service for dinner OOP no dining plan. The kids should be able to share. If the weather allows we will attend the Fort Wilderness movie. (Did not have time for this on 2 previous 7 day trips.) I have always wanted to do this.

Day 2 we will wake up and have counter service breakfast, then the pool for the morning. We have a lunch TS around 2pm then off to MK for MNSSHP starting at 4pm. (We have never done a ticketed party before. I always wanted to do this but was extra $$$ on the 7 day package.)

Day3:Breakfast room then MK for the day. We will take a pool break and CS by the pool since the park is open until 12 am.

I booked the MNSSHP because the party and a 1 day ticket was cheaper than a 2 day ticket. We had already decided to focus on the MK only. Now if I can only control the weather. September always make me nervous!

#1disneyfan
07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Have a great trip! Any trip to WDW, whether it be short or long, is worth it in my opinion.

We have done Disney 2x in September, and never had any major problems with the weather. Usually just some afternoon storms that don't last too long. I would suggest packing ponchos and make the most of it if it does rain.

Have a fun cruise too!

Tick-Tock
07-23-2008, 06:42 PM
It's great that you're doing things you've always wanted to do!

Re: the Ft. Wilderness movie, you might want to check the schedule ahead of time and make sure the movie will interest your family. Our friends took their young children on a night they were showing The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (they planned to do the pre-movie campfire and not the movie), and they said that even the campfire experience didn't seem as fun because there weren't that many young kids.

faline
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a good plan! September weather is generally quite nice. I've been a number of times at this time of year.

Lizzie
07-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Have a great trip!

sisterdisco
07-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Don't worry about not having the free dining.
Almost everyone eats way too much on a cruise ship!! You will get all of your fancy/expensive foods on Carnival.
You might just welcome simple counter service foods.
After dressing up nightly for a sit down dinner, you might just want to order a pizza and go to the campfire. We have done it in the past. It is great. You can bring stuff for smore's. There is a marshmellow roasting pit!
My kids had an absolute blast on Carnival---be forewarned....on our 5 day cruise, they had an almost all nighter in the kids club----they brought the kids back to the room at 3am!!!
Have a great time!.

dolphinmickey9170
07-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Have a great trip....thanks for sharing. :mickey:

jdcastle
07-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I booked the MNSSHP because the party and a 1 day ticket was cheaper than a 2 day ticket. We had already decided to focus on the MK only. Now if I can only control the weather. September always make me nervous!

Do you not have to have a day's admission in addition to the extra ticket for entrance into the park for MNSSHP? I always assumed you must pay for both regular admission AND the special party ticket price.

pdrlkr
07-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

shan-ash
07-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Have a great time:mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Have a great trip, thanks for sharing :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Have a grand time

RPHX2NC
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Do you not have to have a day's admission in addition to the extra ticket for entrance into the park for MNSSHP? I always assumed you must pay for both regular admission AND the special party ticket price.

My understanding was no. You gain admittance after 4pm and the party starts at 7pm. I hope I got this one right!

RPHX2NC
07-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Don't worry about not having the free dining.
Almost everyone eats way too much on a cruise ship!! You will get all of your fancy/expensive foods on Carnival.
You might just welcome simple counter service foods.
After dressing up nightly for a sit down dinner, you might just want to order a pizza and go to the campfire. We have done it in the past. It is great. You can bring stuff for smore's. There is a marshmellow roasting pit!
My kids had an absolute blast on Carnival---be forewarned....on our 5 day cruise, they had an almost all nighter in the kids club----they brought the kids back to the room at 3am!!!
Have a great time!.

Thank you so much for the advice. This is exactly what I was thinking. 5 days of cruise food is a lot. I was thinking a pizza and the campfire too. Won't compare to Carnival's yummy pizza. Do they have the night fee for service babysitting options more than 1 night? Do they always bring the kids to the room or only if they stay to the end? Also did you tip camp carnival?

wdwgrl377
07-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Sounds like a great trip you've got planned. Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

dtootsie42
07-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a great trip...thanks for sharing!

sisterdisco
07-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Thank you so much for the advice. This is exactly what I was thinking. 5 days of cruise food is a lot. I was thinking a pizza and the campfire too. Won't compare to Carnival's yummy pizza. Do they have the night fee for service babysitting options more than 1 night? Do they always bring the kids to the room or only if they stay to the end? Also did you tip camp carnival?

As I recall, Camp Carnival is free until 10pm, then there is an hourly fee to keep the kids there. $7.50 for 2 kids stands in my mind. The all nighter until 3am was a one price deal, and it was the only time they brought them back to the room. My oldest came back sopping wet--they had a water balloon fight!!. You tip the counselors at the end of the cruise if you want to. The kids had a blast. Have fun!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-26-2008, 12:09 PM
You usually CAN get into the park about 4pm on the day of a party without having to buy a one day pass, you just need the party ticket. What day are you going to the party?
We were there the end of Aug, beginning of Sept last year and the weather was great. We are going towards the end of Sept this year so I hope it's equally nice.

RPHX2NC
07-27-2008, 10:12 AM
We are going the end of September. Have been twice the same week but have never done the party.

ChipnDaleGal
07-29-2008, 08:38 AM
The Halloween Party is my favorite party at WDW. It is so much fun and the fireworks are amazing. I think your family is going to be very happy that you will be able to have this experience. Hope you all have fun! :mickey:

Mackflava99
07-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Sounds like a great trip- thanks for sharing it- i always wanted to see the Ft Wilderness movie too-