PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Reward Card question?

eas423
07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
How long does it take for a credit card payment to be applied to your rewards points total?

Tick-Tock
07-23-2008, 03:16 PM
The awards are available to you after the billing period in which the charge was made closes.

eas423
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
So if my payment is due today (7/23) and I've already made my payment (last week), after the end of business today that payment will be turned into reward points?

tys_mommy
07-23-2008, 03:28 PM
So if my payment is due today (7/23) and I've already made my payment (last week), after the end of business today that payment will be turned into reward points?

If I understand your question correctly – your reward points have nothing to do with payment but rather are earned when you make purchases – obviously if you pay off your balance you have more credit available for more charges to earn more points.

WTDing
You do not get any rewards points for payments. The points are credited to your account based on the charges that are made the previous billing cycle.

For example you purchase $1000 worth of stuff on your card between June 1 and June 30. For the billing cycle ending June 30 you will have received 10 rewards points on your statement.

You then pay off the $1000 when it is due July 20th. You do not get additional rewards.

#1disneyfan
I maybe reading this incorrectly, but I thought that $1 of every $100 you spend were turned into reward dollars, not your payment amounts.

Not sure, maybe I am confused by the question :blush:

BMan62
07-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Payments do not turn in to rewards points. You earn rewards points from your purchases. At the end of the billing period you receive 1 reward point for each $100 you have charged in the billing month. Within a couple of days after your billing cycle has ended, any accumulated points for that cycle are added to your rewards total.

Points are awarded for Purchases only.

eas423
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Hmm....I guess I'm confused because I didn't think you were credited for those purchases until you reimbursed Chase for them...? I wish they gave you a better accounting record for the points!

Marilyn Michetti
07-23-2008, 05:43 PM
O.K., "theoretically" - if your statement closes on the 18th of the month, (like mine does), and you had charged $2000, you would have the 20 points at midnight on the 18th. If you called on the 19th you could have the 20 points transferred to your rewards card, and spend them on the 20th. Even though your payment isn't due until the 13th of next month, you have the rewards to spend.:thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Hmm....I guess I'm confused because I didn't think you were credited for those purchases until you reimbursed Chase for them...? I wish they gave you a better accounting record for the points!

No, as the above posters have said, reward dollars come from charges & aren't dependent on payments. You charge $2000 and you get twenty reward dollars, even if you only make the minimum payment when the bill comes. (Of course, then you're paying interest on the rest, which kind of negates the reward dollars, but whatever.)

As Marilyn said, you can have the reward dollars transferred immediately and spend them even before you make your payment. I've done that - went online with the iPhone the day after the billing period closed, transferred the new reward dollars to my already existing reward card, and kept on going around the F&W booths!

I'm not sure what you mean by a better accounting record...I have online access for my account, and there is a section that has an ongoing total of available reward dollars. Also, every billing statement lists the reward dollars accrued during that billing period.

brownie
07-24-2008, 09:51 AM

I think there is something related to not getting points if you don't pay on time. We always pay on time and our points are always credited at our statement closing date. If you sign up for online access to your credit card account, you can monitor your Disney Reward Dollars through that, as well as request Reward cards and transfer dollars to the card.