PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Poly ?

Lynn J Mc
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
We are staying at the Grand Flo and have an ADR for breakfast at O'hanas. Thinking of driving over instead of monorailing because husband has to leave to go to a meeting afterwards and I think driving will be quicker. How is the parking situation there if we are only eating breakfast?

Jasper
07-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Unless something has changed that I missed as long as you have a confirmed ADR then simply take the information you were given for the ADR and you should have no problem. Now as far as whether or not the lot will be packed is a horse of another color!

TexasPrincessAurora
07-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Parking at the Poly is 1000's of times better than at GF. There is always plenty of room in the lot and its a quick walk to the GCH from the lot.

We've never had a quick and easy parking experience at GF. Sometimes even the Valet is full. We've had to park across the street and sometimes even in the cast member overflow lot depending on what time of year we are there.

#1disneyfan
07-23-2008, 03:15 PM
I agree with the above poster, Poly parking has never been a problem for us, but GF on the other hand is horrible!

When you go through the security gates, you just tell them that you are there for breakfast and I believe they give you a parking pass, or just tell you where to park.

Taking the monorail would probably be easier, but since your DH has a meeting, it should be no problem for you.

Have a great trip and a great breakfast!

TammiMcMan
07-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, considering the self-parking lot at the GF is in Georgia, it's definitely much better for him to drive over to the Poly and then take off for his meeting. You'll be able to get a 3 hour parking pass from the Poly and their lot is much better.

If you're using valet, just keep in mind they charge by the day, not by use. For example, you'll be charged the daily fee at the GF and you can use valet at any other resort, only having to pay the tip. When they bring you your car from the GF, there's usually a tag hanging off the rearview mirror, which shows you've already paid. (We always budget for valet at the GF, I hate their parking lot.)

Polynesian Dweller
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Just to add to the mix to help you think this through, there is a walking path from GF to the Poly via the Wedding Chapel that takes about 10 to 12 minutes to walk. It takes longer to drive, get out of the car, walk to Ohana's. The walk back takes you by the GF parking lots so he could just walk to his car.

For others, its takes way less time to walk from GF to the Poly than the monorail which makes the Poly 4 stops away.

TammiMcMan
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
The walk back takes you by the GF parking lots so he could just walk to his car.The GF parking lot that's inside the security check is for valet and handicapped spots. The self-parking lot is a much further walk. It's not real convenient, especially if he has to make a meeting right after their meal.

I agree that the pathway between the resorts is a nice walk and I always choose that over the monorail. I just don't think it's the best option for the OP in this particular case.

Lynn J Mc
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Well what if we walked over and then he took the monorail back to the GF while we took the bus from the Poly to Animal Kingdom? Thanks for all the suggestions.

TammiMcMan
07-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Well what if we walked over and then he took the monorail back to the GF while we took the bus from the Poly to Animal Kingdom?If it were me and I was on a time schedule, I would just bring the car over. Usually the monorail is fine, but they can get delayed and it may be something that he doesn't want to worry about. Plus, he'd still have to make the walk from the front of the GF, across to the parking lot. You're not really saving any time getting the car afterwards.

You guys can definitely hop on the AKL bus from the Poly after your finished eating.

Polynesian Dweller
07-23-2008, 06:26 PM
The GF parking lot that's inside the security check is for valet and handicapped spots. The self-parking lot is a much further walk. It's not real convenient, especially if he has to make a meeting right after their meal.

I agree that the pathway between the resorts is a nice walk and I always choose that over the monorail. I just don't think it's the best option for the OP in this particular case.
Good to know. Not having stayed at GF always saw the parking over there and didn't know those specifics.. Just letting the OP know of another option and ultimately they have to take a look at the layout and see what really fits for them.

chrim
07-24-2008, 01:15 AM
For another option, as long as the MK is open (or soon to open) there should be a motor boat running from the GF to the Poly. (The complete loop is generally GF, Poly, MK, back to GF).

I'm not sure that it would save you any time compared with just walking from the GF to the Poly, but heck, one does enough walking in the world as it is!

Enjoy!

:mickey:

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Driving would be easy, and parking is fine...no problem at all