PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo OR Spirit of Ohana Luau

Dedivah
07-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Our next trip is a 10 day trip for our DD's 5th Birthday.

With our present plans, we will be left with 2 TS credits per person. So I am hoping to end the vacation on an high note.

So I am trying to choose between HDD or the Luau. I have never been to either.

jszczur5
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
We have never done the luau, but this will be our third straight year attending HDDR. It was the only "must dine" on my kids' list. Hubby and I put it second on our list after Le Cellier.

Breochaid
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Both dinner shows are great, but I think the HDDR is geared more for families/kids. My DH and myself did the Luau on our honeymoon and enjoyed it, but I think a 5 year old might not be so impressed (at least mine wouldn't). I would definitley do HDDR! :thumbsup:

princessjojo
07-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Hoop De Doo hands down! We had the best time, and the food wasn't bad either. Even DH had a great time. He usually doesn't talk about it too much after we leave, but that and another resturant, he says he would do over again every time.

bmj721
07-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I went to the Hoop de Doo in 05 and the Luau in 07. As an adult the food for both was good. As for a 5 yo the entertainment differences, I think the Hoop is may be better for children. DS was 9 in 05 and he still talks about the songs and jokes he heard. He really had a great time.
DS didn't go to the Luau.
The Luau entertaiment is cool, but there is a lot of talking about the characters' family traditions, songs, and such. The best is the fire dancer. That part was my favorite.
So, it just depends what you think your child will like.

DizneyRox
07-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Luau! Oh, you said you wanted to end on a high note. In that case Hoop Dee Doo without a doubt!

GeminiAngel
07-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Spirit of Aloha Luau was awesome last April!!
Ohana is a different place.

Jarrod
07-26-2008, 10:39 PM
We have done both, but HDDR has been a favorite of ours since I was a young kid. We try to go at least once a year. Our boys (6 & 9) think it is hilarious (lots of slapstick humor).

Mousemates
07-26-2008, 11:23 PM
while your daugther would likely enjoy either, I think HDDR is a better choice family wise.

kemps@wdw
07-27-2008, 12:21 AM
We have done the HDD on EVERY trip and do not plan to miss it on ALL our future trips! Have done the Luau also, but wasn't impressed. We've had kids from 3 to 13, and know that they will love the food, and the show is wonderful. Talk to the Pioneer Hall Players as they work thru the crowd before the show, and you just might be able to get someone in your party in the show. We've had our 4 yr old DN and my DH in the show and it was truly something to see (especially my DH)!