PDA

View Full Version : Where to Stay at Caribbean Beach Resort at lowest price

tss22
07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
I just want an ordinary (priced) room. Which is the best village to request? (Note - I may have included some villages which are premium priced because I don't know which they are. Please don't vote for these.)

Thanks!

CleveRocks
07-23-2008, 01:36 PM
All of Trinidad North and half of Martinique are "preferred location" rooms that cost more because of their proximity to Old Port Royale, the complex that has the food court, restaurant, main pool shops, arcade, outdoor bar, water sports rentals, etc.

All of the villages are identical except for their location relative to OPR. Jamaica and Aruba are mirror-images of each other, and are across the bridge from OPR. If you don't pay for a preferred location room, Aruba and Jamaica are probably the shortest walks to OPR. Trinidad South is the farthest from OPR.

I didn't vote in your poll because I can't say there's any difference between Aruba, Jamaica, and the non-preferred half of Martinique. My advice is to request one of those.

Water view rooms and king-bed rooms carry the same upgrade charge as preferred location rooms, and thus you want to avoid those also. But since each village has water view rooms and each village has king-bed rooms, it's not like you need to stay away from a particular village because of one of those types of rooms.

RAIDER
07-24-2008, 07:05 AM
I agree with CLEVEROCKS ....
It all depends if you have a car or not as you have to bear in mind walking to the food court .If you do have transport i would recommend Barbados as its nearest to the entrance of the resort :thumbsup:

wdwvacationeer
07-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Last August we stayed in Aruba (52) I think it was room 5208. It was a really nice location. We had a bus stop not too far from our room, a quiet pool like two seconds from our room and to get to the main bus stop, food court and big pool was just a quick walk across a bridge. The bridge was really nice- at night you could smell tropical flowers and there was Calypso music playing. We loved that location and would request it again. Jamaica would also be a nice choice. It is right next to Aruba.

tss22
07-25-2008, 09:22 AM
No car. Using busses and efficient location close to a bus stop to be first off of the bus is probably among the most important. (travelling with 2 strollers) I'll likely be the only one hiking to the food court to fill the mugs and I can handle that walk.

CleveRocks
07-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Each village has its own bus stop, plus there's one at Old Port Royale. There's no such thing as a room that's very far from a bus stop (since there's one in every village).

CleveRocks
07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Think about requesting a first floor room. There are only 2 floors at CBR, but there are no elevators.