PDA

View Full Version : Trying to plan a special Honeymoon...

ihavealipfreckle
07-23-2008, 12:32 PM
One of my good friends is getting married October '09 and him and his will-be wife are going to WDW for their honeymoon. My gift to him is to help him make it the best experience ever. I'm sure many people here went to WDW for a HM. And others are just brilliant and will have great ideas. What things could be done to make it just the happiest time of their lives. I mean, completely and 100% perfect. Outside of the normal "disney-happy". Any suggestions will be appreciated. I've been to disney several times... but never for such a speical occasion... so I need help! Thank you very much!!
:goofy:

Dedivah
07-23-2008, 12:38 PM
They could do an evening sail on one of the yachts at the Grand Floridian. They could watch the fireworks from there.

danicafan
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
My husband I and got married in October 2002 in Kissimmee and then headed over to EPCOT and went to all of the countries in World Showcase and spent time in each country taking pictures, it was like a Honeymoon Around the World!!

Donald Duck 001
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
We celebrated our honeymoon in Disney and it was magical.
First make sure that when the reservation is made that you tell them that you are on your honeymoon. Sometimes you will get special surprises, like a card and ballons delivered to your room.

Here are a few memorable moments from our honeymoon:
1. Cirque de Solei - it is worth every penny. Truely a magical show.
2. Hoop-De-Doo Musical Review. During the show they ask if anyone is celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon. Than all the couples do a slow dance for a minute or two. The show is great and nothing beats bq food either.
3. You can have a special cake made at restaurants for special occasions. We did this at the Artist Point, it was a nice touch to an awesome meal. You have to call the restaurant directly to make the order.

Congrats and enjoy the planning.

faline
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
* Dinner at Victoria & Alberts
* Carriage Ride for two at Fort Wilderness
* Wishes fireworks cruise

See also:

Romance at Disney World (http://intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)

epceddie
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Have them get the Disney honeymoon buttons. People and CM's congratulate you all day and we got some freebies - soda at Epcot, dessert and a picture of the two of us at California Grill and fast passes at Disney Studios and MK. We were also picked to be extras for the Indiana Jones show after a CM saw our buttons.
The California Grill was great. We had a wonderful meal and we were able to go out on the outside deck and watch the MK's Wishes Fireworks.
Even if you finish dinner before the fireworks you can still return later and watch them on the deck.
We also booked an evening carriage ride at Port Orleans and that was a lot of fun. We had a great driver and we enjoyed a bottle of champagne. Very romantic and a great way to end a busy day at the parks.
We got married in October 2007, so congratulations to your friends on their upcoming wedding,
Hope this helps!

RBrooksC
07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
My wife and I went there on our honeymoon and our first night there we had dinner at The California Grill and it was timed to watch the fireworks. We were fortunate that we could see the fireworks from our table so we didn't have to go outside.

We also had a table on the patio at the Rose and Crown in UK and it was timed so we could eat dinner and dessert and then watch Illuminations from the best vantage point in Epcot.

We also had our first breakfast in the Castle our first day in MK.

Nothing says Honeymoon more than getting your photo taken with beautiful young girls dressed as Disney Princesses.