PDA

View Full Version : Disney World Vet needs help from you Disney Land vets...please

Greenlawler
07-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Wow this is quite a task, as a DW veteren booking our first family trip to DL is quite daunting. We leave Oct 7 and stay till the 11th. We do have our plane tickets, but not Hotel lodging and park tickets. The massive amount of hotels and differing opinions have my head swimming. Our chief concerns and needs for advice are following:
1. Location of the hotel to the park, we will have three little ones so we want to be very, very close. Every website has their own idea of how close each hotel is. For example Holiday Inn and Suites I read .4 miles on one site and more than a mile on another!
2. Saving Money: We are going to DW two weeks prior and we need to save as much cash as possible. I have heard you cannot bring a sack lunch into the parks is that true?
3. Tickets: Does DL run specials in the fall?
4. I think we are narrowed down to Holiday Inn and Suites, and Best Western Stovall's Inn but am I missing a closer, cheaper option? We looked at Candy Cane but it a little more than we want to spend.
5. Is there a convienance store in the immediate area we could walk to?
Thanks a bunch guys

GloMonkey
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi

there are many hotels on Harbor blvd. I would stay at one of those. Best Western Park Place Inn is AT the crosswalk into the park. Desert Inn and Suites, BW Anaheim Inn etc. All within walking. Pretty much anything from Disney Way to Manchester is walking.

{Edited per TOS]

This is a very good site. DL is much smaller than WDW and yes so is the castle.
Yes there is a Target up the road, a Dennys I Hop Mc Donalds. Many hotels offer free breakfast. Stovallis is pretty far not walking.
have fun

jan

NotaGeek
07-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi

there are many hotels on Harbor blvd. I would stay at one of those. Best Western Park Place Inn is AT the crosswalk into the park. Desert Inn and Suites, BW Anaheim Inn etc. All within walking. Pretty much anything from Disney Way to Manchester is walking.

{Edited per TOS]

This is a very good site. DL is much smaller than WDW and yes so is the castle.
Yes there is a Target up the road, a Dennys I Hop Mc Donalds. Many hotels offer free breakfast. Stovallis is pretty far not walking.
have fun

jan

:welcome: to INTERCOT! Sorry for having to edit your post, but we do not allow links to other sites, except for approved official Disney and/or hotels (if anyone wants the link they will probably send you a PM) ... :mickey:

I totally agree with you... the best close, inexpensive hotels I have found are:

1. The Best Western Park Place Inn
2. The Fairifield Inn Anaheim
3. The Ramada Maingate

Ramada is very inexpensive and usually around $89-$110 and less than 10 minute walk from the front gate ... and all offer complimentary breakast!

tdhiatt
07-25-2008, 11:08 AM
We have 3 children and only prefer to stay across the street. One thing that you are correct about is that they all say across the street and that can be a huge margine. The two you list are not across the street. Now the Fairfield Inn is a small walk and is next door to McDonalds which can save money. You can usually get a great deal there. I just booked at Best Western Anaheim Inn because of the deal I got on Expedia again across the street (small walk) next to Dennys and Tony Romas. My favorite because of location is Park Place inn and Tropicana. But you cant go wrong if its directly across the street. Try pricing these motels that I have listed and check out Expedia.com.

As far as saving money, I have found also that across the street there are restraunts that can potentially save money, but same seem to cost more like Ihop. One thing we did was order Dominos pizza to be delivered. Also we packed bowls and a box of cereal (bought milk there) that saved money. Or find a motel that has breakfast. Also again McDonalds is across the street.

LuvsTigger80
08-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi there!!! I live in California and am a regular ar DL. Thanks to the family members that work there. I don't know about the hotels, but i can answer your question about bringing food into the park. It says that you are not suppose to...but whenever i have packed a lunch for 2 year old son they never stop me. I just pack it in a lunch cold bag and put it at the bottom of my bag. They check it, but never say anything. Hope you have fun!!!:mickey::mickey: