PDA

View Full Version : ASmu Family Suite vs 2 room or POR?

disneyfan328
07-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I am looking for some Advice. We have a family of 5 and on our last trip stayed at POR. While we loved that, I am trying to figure out a way to get back to Disney in the next 2 years. In weighing out the option I am trying to decide which would be better - to stay in a Value and book 2 rooms or do the Family suite which price wise is only about 150.00 difference (more) than the 2 rooms. Our oldest is 19 and is more than able to stay in a room by herself (I would try for connecting ones though) but was wondering if having the kitchenette ect would be worth the extra money. There is possibility of another person going but we could still do either the Family suite or 2 rooms at the value. POR would be out if that is the case.

For us we don't really care about what the room looks like or whether or not it has a restaurant ect so those don't really factor in. We really only use the room to sleep, shower, eat breakfast and then we are out of there.

any recomendations? Anyone done either that can shed some light on the pros/cons of each?

Thanks in advance for the help :mickey:

TammiMcMan
07-23-2008, 01:37 PM
A few pro's for the suites, are that mom & dad get their own room with a queen size bed, their own tv and bathroom. On the plus side for the 3 kids, no one has to share a bed. The kitchenette is fine, especially if you like having a cup of coffee in the morning before heading out, or the kids making up some microwave popcorn for a late night snack. I don't think you'd be preparing meals or anything, but it is convenient having the larger fridge. If you only go back to your room to sleep, there may not be any reason to spend an additional $150 on your room.

I like that POR has the boat to DTD, plus the boat rentals. It doesn't sound like you would use any of the recreation features though.

disneyfan328
07-23-2008, 03:07 PM
We loved POR, and we did the boat to DTD that was nice. We fished at the little fishing hole too and we got some use of the pools, but not much else. We wanted to do bikes and the carriage ride, but never got around to it. We didn't really like the food court there much, and never ate at the restaurant - that is just our personal opionion - We were at ASmu 10 yrs ago and loved the food court there. I have heard that it has changed though so I don't know what it is like now. Just thinking that it may be cheaper to do the Values and it is a little cheaper with 2 rooms or the FS. We probably would have bkfst in the room which we did at POR as well. I was thinking the FS over the 2 rooms more becuase we would be guaranteed to be togehter. Since one of the 3 kids is 19 and an adult we would only have 2 kids so the values can't guarantee us connecting rooms.

I guess I am just looking for feed back from anyone that had done either and what they liked vs. what they didn't (if anything)

The FS also are in bldgs that are closer to the front and both DS and I am bad asthmatics so not having to walk to far once we get there is a plus as well.

cajunmickey
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I loved the suites at Music. We stayed at POR and loved the grounds but you do enough walking at disney, you don't need to do all the extra walking at the resort to get to the food court.
We just stayed in the suited in May, myself, DH,DS(19), girlfiend(19),DD(16), and mother. We had plenty of room. It was really nice to have the microwave and fridge. The kids didn't fight because there are two single pullouts and one double pullout. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.