PDA

View Full Version : Very Merry Christmas Party

Disney fans..
07-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Our family will be attending Mickey's Christmas Party this year for the first time.:party: We are really excited but don't really know how this works. We will be in MK park that whole day so I was wondering when we actually give the tickets for the party that night? Does anyone know how this works? Will they make us leave then wait to re~enter? Thanks for any info..

Eeyore's Pal
07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
You will not have to reenter. When it gets later in the day, probably after 4:00, just ask a cast member where the nearest location is to get your bracelets. There are many locations around the park where you can just show them your party ticket and they will give you the bracelets. I know one year we were eating at Liberty Tree Tavern and got ours there.

garymacd
07-23-2008, 12:49 PM
You will have to show your tickets to the CM's at the issuing sites, so make certain that you bring them.

If you forget them at home, like someone I have known since I was born (the evil, stupid twin living inside of me :blush:) you can go to guest relations and have them re-issued. You will need the credit card you bought them with and the approximate date you bought them.

Gator
07-23-2008, 07:59 PM
My family got ours at a place just to the right of the castle (facing it) and just before you cross the bridge into Tomorrowland. There'll be a sign and you can get the bracelets after 4pm. But don't rush - you dont' officially need them until 7pm.

MickeysEars
07-24-2008, 11:13 PM
some of our happiest Disney memories are at the MVMCP

bkfree
07-25-2008, 12:26 PM
For those of you that have been or are going this Dec. ,When do you normally arrive at MK for the party.
Do you go early and stay all day and Night?
Do you go in the afternoon?
Or do you arrive closer to party time?

We will be at WDW during Dec. and we are not going to the party. I am trying to plan the days to visit MK and am wondering about the crowd appearances on the days of the party.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
If it were me, I would not waste a day ticket at MK if you are going to MVMCP.

All of the attractions will be open and there will be less lines. You can also get in as early as 4pm with your ticket to MVMCP, so you can ride the rides between 4-7 and then at 7, focus on the festivities.

Especially since they have the parade and fireworks and that is what you are essentially paying for. I would want to make sure I got to stay and see those.

Spend the day relaxing at the parks, eat a late lunch or early dinner around 3 and then head to the park at 4 using only your MVMCP ticket. You'll save the day ticket and get most things done by then.

Main Street Jim
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
I was gonna say the same thing as Jessica :) You may even have to add an extra day to your vaction to use your park tickets :D

Spend the daytime relaxing at the pool; take an afternoon nap before heading to MK. You can get into the park as early as 4pm with JUST your MVMCP tickets. Definitely see the second parade (lot less crowded).

Imagineer1981
07-25-2008, 01:34 PM
we usually do other parks and then go get dinner. We'll get to the party at like 6 and just enjoy everything as everyone else leaves

Soul_Power
07-25-2008, 02:40 PM
You can get into the park as early as 4pm with JUST your MVMCP tickets.

Clarification..
A day is not taken off of your MYW (or any) package if you go to Magic Kingdom after 4pm with your MVMCP tickets?

Haha I totally just turned what you said into a question, but I just want to make sure! :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Correct.

You can enter the park at 4pm using ONLY the MVMCP ticket.

It will not take a day off ANY passes. It will use the MVMCP ticket ONLY.

HoosierDisneyFan
07-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party worth going to or avoiding? I was planning to go to WDW the first week of December and thought I would pick a day to visit MK when MVMCP was not on the schedule. Will the crowd be less on that day (since most peoplpe will select a MVMCP day) or will it be most crowded on non-MVMCP days with people avoiding this event. FYI This will be an adults only trip.:santa3:

bkfree
07-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party worth going to or avoiding? I was planning to go to WDW the first week of December and thought I would pick a day to visit MK when MVMCP was not on the schedule. Will the crowd be less on that day (since most peoplpe will select a MVMCP day) or will it be most crowded on non-MVMCP days with people avoiding this event. FYI This will be an adults only trip.:santa3:

This was my question too. We are NOT going to the party. Here is our choice of days

Thurs Early Magic MK
Fri MVMCP
Sat Possible taping of parade at MK(Dec 6)
Sun MVMCP
Mon Late EMH MK
Tues MVMCP
Wed 8am ADR at CP then few hours at MK before catching our flight home.

So all of you MK experts, tell me what you think is our best days or hours at MK for the week.:mickey:

JPL
07-26-2008, 11:24 PM
So all of you MK experts, tell me what you think is our best days or hours at MK for the week.:mickey:

Monday late EMHs:thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
07-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Ummm, Jeff....Sundays and Fridays are the current late-night EMH at Magic Kingdom...unless they changed it for December...

disneyfankev
07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
mvmcp is worth every cent always have a great time

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-27-2008, 09:34 PM
If you can see the taping of the parade, then I don't think MVMCP is worth it.

Then again, I was severely unimpressed with it. I don't like paying for nothing but a few hours in a park. Not really worth the hot chocolate and cookies, no good characters, the parade in my opinion is really quite boring, and the fireworks aren't that spectacular.

But I'm like the one person in the world who thinks that. Ask me about MNSSHP. I love that.

bkfree
07-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Ummm, Jeff....Sundays and Fridays are the current late-night EMH at Magic Kingdom...unless they changed it for December...

Monday Dec. 8th is late Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom.