PDA

View Full Version : Culinary Tour @ AKL?

IamBelle
07-23-2008, 10:01 AM
I read on the "1,000 Disney Tips" post that they have a free culinary tour in AKL. I am interested in doing this, how do you sign up for it?
Thank you,
IamBelle

garymacd
07-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Oooh! Need to know about that for my oldest daughter, the aspiring chef!

Dedivah
07-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I would love this too! Any info??

azdisneymom
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
I think it is actually called the Cultural Safari. When my family did this a few years ago you just showed up in the afternoon. somehwere around 3:00 or 3:30. CM's shared stories of their homeland and some of the features of the resort. Part of the tour is a stop in each restaurant where you learn about the foods. We had one or two small samples at Jiko and BOMA. It was a wonderful experience. I hope they still have it, dd and I would love to go again.

garymacd - Have dinner at the BOMA. You daughter might be able to talk to the chef's. I have seen them come out to talk to guests several times.

IamBelle
07-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Thank you! So I can ask at the front desk where to go. I can't wait to try this!

Simba's Mom
08-03-2008, 01:22 PM
I've done this twice. Both times it was just a "show up at [3;45 or 4;00], no sign up. We sat at the bar at Jikos, all (less than 5 of us each time) shared a Taste Of Africa appetizer while the cook explained all about the foods, spices, etc. After about 20 minutes or so, we then moved to Boma, where we got a tour of all the buffet offerings and were offered free samples of whatever we wanted to sample. I sampled the butternut squash soup once, and the guide insisted we sample the zebra domes once ("Well, if we must!") A real nice little tour and FREE!!

brewcrew26
08-03-2008, 08:12 PM
That is an awesome little tidbit! Do you sign-up at the front desk or just show up in the restaurants? DH would love this!

Simba's Mom
08-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Both times we just showed upat the podium at Jiko. The exact time was on the activity list on the board by the elevators.