PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Weisz to return in Mummy 3?

disneycutie165
07-23-2008, 08:20 AM
I watched the Mummy:Tomb of the Dragon Emperor trailer online, and I am stoked!:D It is going to be awesome! But I noticed one thing, Rachel Weisz, or her character Evie Carnahan, were not in the trailer. There was another girl! I was very surprised:jaw: and mad:mad: because I loved her in Mummy! Does anyone know if she will be back?

PirateLover
07-23-2008, 08:53 AM
No she is not in this movie. It was offered to her, but I believe there was some kind of conflict (she may have been pregnant? I'm not sure) and so they recast her role with Maria Bello.

Melanie
07-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Rachel Weisz is not returning as Evelyn O'Connell. The role is now being played by Maria Bello.

Apparently Weisz wasn't thrilled with the script and turned it down to spend more time with her child.

cardinalsfan_98
07-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Maria Bello is taking her place. According to imdb, she's going to be Evey!! It will be hard to replace Rachel Weisz. I guess her salary got a little high after she won her Oscar. I will truly miss her.

(oops! sorry for the redundancy. I posted before I read the other posts!!)

MNNHFLTX
07-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Rachel Weisz is great, but I think Maria Bello will do fine in the role. I've liked her ever since she was on ER years ago.

chrisb26
07-23-2008, 11:36 AM
I was kind of upset that the new Mummy wasn't going to have Rachel as Evie and I'm still not sure how much I want to see it with out her. I'll have to read reviews before I even think of seeing it in the theater.

It will also be intresting to see how this does with the whole new setting and not taking place in Egypt.

thrillme
07-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Rachel Weisz is not returning as Evelyn O'Connell. The role is now being played by Maria Bello.

Apparently Weisz wasn't thrilled with the script and turned it down to spend more time with her child.

Not thrilled with the script....It's got monsters and fire and STUFF...How could ANYONE not be thrilled with the script. It's so waaaayyyyy cool. It would be like turning down the chance to play the fire girl in Hellboy. CRAZY!

My boys (DH and DS) and I are chompin' at the bits for this movie.

ChipnDaleGal
07-23-2008, 11:38 PM
I am an obsessed and devoted fan of the first two Mummy Movies, but I will not be going to this one. Stephen Sommers was the writer/director of the first two and he was so passionate about the characters and the story. He made them such fun swashbucklers. I don't think the trailer to the new one has that sense of fun. I like Maria Bello a lot, but I don't like her being Evie. That really feels wrong as Rachel was just perfect in that role. I also just adore Oded Fehr and Arnold Vosloo and neither of them are in this new one either. Makes me think of a washed up rock band that is still touring with the original name and there is only one original band member there, kind of false advertising. I want to keep my happy feeling about the first two Mummy movies in tact. I used to love Brendan Fraser but he seems like a cartoon character to me now, which is a little depressing.

WDWFREAK101
07-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Having a Mummy movie without Rachel Weisz is going to be depressing. I know I'm going to end up seeing this movie sometime but I REALLY loved the first film and I liked the second film but this one is going to be bad. I can see by the trailer. It doesn't have the Mummy feel to it! It's not in Egypt this time, they are battling Polar bears and monsters and not a Mummy, Brendan Fraser looks like "Ok let me finish this movie so I can go count my money in my house in Italy" He really doesn't look pasionate in this movie like he did the others.
No Rachel Weisz really puts the nail in the coffin

BelleCiavo
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM
I used to love Brendan Fraser but he seems like a cartoon character to me now, which is a little depressing.

I know. I just said to my husband the other day that I wish he'd do a non-adventure movie. I am looking forward to Inkheart.

MNNHFLTX
07-24-2008, 03:29 PM
I am an obsessed and devoted fan of the first two Mummy Movies, but I will not be going to this one. Stephen Sommers was the writer/director of the first two and he was so passionate about the characters and the story. He made them such fun swashbucklers. I don't think the trailer to the new one has that sense of fun. I like Maria Bello a lot, but I don't like her being Evie. That really feels wrong as Rachel was just perfect in that role. I also just adore Oded Fehr and Arnold Vosloo and neither of them are in this new one either.You make some good points, Donna, especially about Oded Ferh and Vosloo not being in the film either. Ah well, I probably would have just waited for it to come out on DVD anyway. It will be interesting to hear the reviews on it though.

Imagineer1981
07-24-2008, 06:11 PM
:ill:this one will be bad

DisneyDog
07-28-2008, 04:19 PM
I never saw the second one, but Rachel Weisz was great in the first one. She delivered my all-time favorite line in any movie" "I AM A LIBRARIAN!" (Yes, I am one too...makes me proud!)

thrillme
08-22-2008, 12:22 AM
I saw the Mummy and I did enjoy it. Not as much as the first two but it was OK. I really missed Rachel playing Evie. I would have rather had her make a "guest" apperance. The new girl was a lovely actress but just not Evie...She didn't have that "sparkle" in her eyes.

murphy1
08-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow, I really missed Rachel, I wish they had just postponed making it to accommodate her being in it, the new lady was just not the same. I did like Jet Lee in it.