PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon plan - help please

davidrwalker
07-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Hi all, we're from scotland and are visiting disney world (Boardwalk Inn Hotel) for our honeymoon in november. We've both been a few times before but would love to hear people's thoughts on anything special we could do.

We've booked up restaurants including the californian grill but if there was anything else or anywhere we wouldn't encounter by wandering around it would be terrific.

Many thanks in advance.
David

Beast_fanatic
07-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT! And, congrats on your honeymoon!

Here's some information on Romance at WDW (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp) that may spark some ideas.

I'd also suggest that you have that you are on your honeymoon noted on your reservations as that can sometimes get you some extra attention. They also offer some celebration buttons that could get you some extra attention.

Hopefully others will be along soon with more ideas!

epceddie
07-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Plan a dinner at the California Grill and watch the MK Wishes fireworks from the outside deck. You can also watch them inside the restaurant if you get a table by one of the windows.
My wife and I did this on hour honeymoon back in October and we loved it.
Even if you have dinner before the fireworks, you can return later and they'll let you watch them from the deck.
The night we were there, Newt Gingrich (a former speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives) was holding the door and saying hello to everyone after the fireworks had ended.
Also, ask for honeymoon buttons when you check in. People will be congratulating you all day and you might even get some freebies here and there.

epceddie
07-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice that you had already booked the California Grill.
Another thing to consider is booking a carriage ride at Port Orleans French Quarter. You can bring along a bottle of wine or champagne and it's a lot of fun. The drivers are super friendly and it's a nice way to end a long day in the parks.
Hope this helps. Have a great time on your honeymoon!

davidrwalker
07-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice that you had already booked the California Grill.
Another thing to consider is booking a carriage ride at Port Orleans French Quarter. You can bring along a bottle of wine or champagne and it's a lot of fun. The drivers are super friendly and it's a nice way to end a long day in the parks.
Hope this helps. Have a great time on your honeymoon!

Fabulous, thanks for the idea, we loved Disney Village so hoping on a boat to go to Port Orleans would be terrific. Thanks again.

davidrwalker
07-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT! And, congrats on your honeymoon!

Here's some information on Romance at WDW (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp) that may spark some ideas.

I'd also suggest that you have that you are on your honeymoon noted on your reservations as that can sometimes get you some extra attention. They also offer some celebration buttons that could get you some extra attention.

Hopefully others will be along soon with more ideas!

Just had a look at your link the idea of 'getting lost' in Disney appeals. Not going into a park with a map or a 'plan of attack' for the rides and shows and just chilling would help unwind. thanks again.

faline
07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
If you want a really deluxe dining experience, I'd suggest dinner at Victoria & Albert's.

You might want to look at the tours that are available. Depending on your interests, you can find one that will fit both of you.

In Epcot, go to the France pavilion. Get champagne and dessert and sit at one of the outside tables - almost like really being in France!

brewcrew26
07-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon!!! You're going to have a magical time in the world on your vacation.

Our honeymoon in April was one of the best times of our lives. Definitely get the buttons that another poster suggested (you can probably get them if you're staying at an on-site Disney hotel when you check-in, otherwise you can get them at one of the parks). We got lots of great perks when wearing them and everyone was so super nice! The best was probably the front row seat on Expedition Everest. The views are amazing and it can be kinda romantic when your honey is holding you. Or, we got a free champagne toast at Artist Point for dinner. Plus, loads of other perks.

You might want to think about doing a couple's massage at one of the resorts like Grand Floridian. Or, maybe a backstage tour of one of the parks. The scuba one at Living Seas could be really romantic.

Or, go watch the water pageant at one of the Magic Kingdom area resorts. It's a nightly parade of boats to music that you can view from the docks. We didn't get the chance to see it, but want to on our next vacation.

Another option is to schedule a photography session in one of the parks before they open. Disney Photographic Services offers a honeymoon package and will give you a leather bound book with 24 photos. It would be super-cute to have the park to yourself and get great shots on the carousel or in front of the castle.

Just a few ideas...Have a great time!!!

If you need any other honeymoon tips, feel free to PM me! :mickey: