PDA

View Full Version : WL - courtyard or woods view?

Mickey 101
07-22-2008, 05:34 PM
I know it depends on the room, but what are your preferences at WL.....courtyard or woods view? Also, which of these have better views from the upper floors? I've read some posts re being able to see Wishes in the distance from the room balcony and that sounded amazing. Any specific room recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
07-22-2008, 06:13 PM
We've had both a woods view and a courtyard view at WL. It really depends. Our courtyard view wasn't that great. We were on the third floor very close to the lobby. We were hoping for a pool view, instead we got a view of the back of the lodge and the stream coming out, a pleasant view, but it wasn't an amazing view. However, our room was very close to the elevator that exits near the little bridge in the lobby, which made for a great place to be in relation to the bus stops. When getting back from the parks at night we were back in our room in no time. When we had a woods view we looked out toward magic kingdom. Now our view here wasn't that spectacular either, but if we had been just a few doors down we would have had a view of the castle and the fireworks at night. The downside to that view was that it was pretty far from the bus stops, but it really wasn't too bad. Either way you are staying at WL so you are going to have a great time no matter where your room is located. Have fun!

EpcotFan182
07-22-2008, 06:19 PM
I've stayed in the villas twice and had a woods view both times. I found it very peaceful, a nice way to unwind after a day out.

luvdiznee
07-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Here's hoping for a good view with a Standard. :mickey:

ParkMan
07-22-2008, 11:45 PM
We had a courtyard view and really enjoyed it. I seem to recall we could see the pool and the geyser. The geyser view was really a nice touch.

Next time we stay there, our first instinct will be to do the courtyard view again.

judoma
07-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Here's hoping for a good view with a Standard. :mickey:

I'm crossing my fingers right along with ya!:mickey:

Marceline
07-24-2008, 12:19 AM
We had a spectacular woods view last time, we could see the fireworks pop over the trees and also had just a clip of lake view as well.

I would have loved to book a Woods view again this year but the only rooms left were the Courtyard Bunks so we snatched those up before it booked solid. DD is happy about the bunks. I just hope we are up high enough to see Bay Lake a bit.

BUt as others have said....it's ALLLLLL good, man, it's Wilderness Lodge. :D:pine:

mouseketeer mom
07-24-2008, 09:12 AM
We've had both, and I have to laugh, because our first floor courtyard view got us a view of a half wall with the courtyard off to the side. Our woods view in the villas got us well, woods, with the bus stop in the distance which I actually liked. I liked to watch the busses come and go.