PDA

View Full Version : What do you bring food wise to help cost

Bethis26fan
07-22-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure if this should be in dining or planning both apply.

I was wondering what do you bring food wise to help cut down on cost. I'm more intreasted in what you do for lunch/dinner type.

I mean while my nephew will be ok eating a PB&J sandwich for lunch everyday I'm not sure I would be.

momofdisneyprincess
07-22-2008, 03:21 PM
We usually eat breakfast at our timeshare before we go. I buy those ziploc containers while I'm down there and pack them with fruit for snacks. We also bring sandwiches (turkey, ham etc). Another "trick" is to freeze some water bottles. They act as both the ice pack to keep your food cool and are nice and cold when you need them. We have one of those collapsible coolers so it is easy to pack in the suitcase.

Mackflava99
07-22-2008, 03:23 PM
It depends what you mean by bring-
Bring on the trip in your luggage?
or bring into the parks?

We go shopping while we are there.

You can make sandwiches and bring them to the park-We do that alot-

Also snacks can add up $$ so peanut butter crackers, fruit snacks etc - are usually in my back pack-

Dinner is a tough call unless you have a room with a kitchen.

Mickey'sGirl
07-22-2008, 03:48 PM
We bring cookies, fruit loops, granola bars and fish crackers......breakfast of champions and great late night nibblies. :mickey:

MickeyMousse
07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
We usually stop and do some shopping before we check in, so we have some breakfasts, lunches and snacks in our room. I pick up some small individual boxed cereals, donuts, bagels and micro lunches like pizza. Some granola bars, goldfish, popcorn and cookies round out the snacks. And yes, it makes a $$$ difference!

Bethis26fan
07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Like Bring from home. We will have the cooler and figured we could use the resort microwaves. We are buying the mugs so I'm not worried about drinks. We will be buying supper at night in the parks but we are coming back for mid day breaks and lunch in the room to cut cost.

Mackflava99
07-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Ok food from home- :
Snacks and more snacks- because the parks are tooooo tempting. Buy the variety bag of chips to bring in your pack pack- my wife got the small pringles this year.

Lunch- sandwiches, granola bars, hot dogs ( microwave adds some benefit. Hot pockets-
mac n cheese( microwavable.

Breakfast- cereal- ( its expensive in the hotels)
Fruit- Apples and pears last a while.

Most times our room has a kitchen but
one year - since we didnt have a kitchen, my mom ( who lives in FLA,) brought us a toaster to use for waffles etc-

Young@Heart
07-22-2008, 05:15 PM
We just can't find a good way to cut down costs w/ lunch and dinner items. We stay at POP and don't have access to a fridge or microwave, so we stick w/ breakfast at our resort and just do the dining plan for other meals.

If you have access to a microwave, you could try easy mac 'n cheese or little microwavable rice bowls or chef boyardee single serving items.