mouseketeer mom
07-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Our family
Me- Lisa
DH Steve
DD Katie 14
DD Khloe 12
DS Kai 8

We were last in the World at Thanksgiving time..and immediately started planning our next trip..we thought about April, checked flights and they were outragous during spring break..and then there's the school thing..its getting harder to pull the kids, not to mention getting embarrassing telling the schools we are going on another Disney trip! We were going to Colorado in July (which was terrific, by the way!)sooo.. I mentioned August. "August"? my DH says.."its going to be hot", he tells me. He knows I hate the heat. Ummm.."thats OK" I say. "I can handle it".."you think"? he says.."You're going to feel like you got hit with a hammer when you step outside in the Florida heat, its different then NJ". Now,he knows there is nothing about me and the heat that mix. I turn into toast very quickly in the heat. I feel like I'm going to die in the heat. I smile. "Nope, I'm good" I assure him. The blackberry comes out, he says, "I'm wide open after the 9th, anytime after that is good"....anytime after that is GOOD???? Count me in, the wheels start rapidly turning as our trip starts getting planned in my head!!! I get online!!! I get on the phone!!! We're going back to Disneyword!!!!!

So the good news is when I booked, I mentioned we were there at Thanksgiving and they applied a bounceback code, so I got 5 nights at the Poly, MK view, for the price of a garden view. Plus the dining plan. This is terrific. We've only stayed club level at the Poly before, and we love that view. So we were very happy that we would be looking at that castle once again from our room!!! For a song! Terrific. Then I booked 3 nights at the BC with the code, club level to finish our trip. Its our first time staying club level at the BC and we are excited.

Onto dining! My favorite part! Here's what we have cookin'..

Our arrival day: Dinner at OHANA's. Our tried and true. Our very favorite in all of WDW. We will celebrate DH's BD on this night.

Day 2 Breakfast at Kona's, Macadamia nut pancakes, Tonga toast, and Pressed Pot of Kona coffee here we come! Then a later lunch at CRT with the Princesses, then a later dinner at Narcoosees, our first time there! This is a big eating day. I think we can handle it.;)

Day 3 Breakfast at Ohanas, and we'll try the new Wave for dinner at the CR! i will meet up with some new Intercot friends in Epcot in the afternoon!

Day 4 We'll head over to DHS EARLY. I am determined to get into Toy Story mania. Lunch at Brown Derby, and dinner at Jiko's tonight!

Day 5 Another breakfast at Kona's..did I mention we love it there? Then some water mice, then a later tea at the GF with my DD's, while DS and DH find their own fun (I bet they might even do water mice again!)..then dinner at Wolfgangs.

Day 6 We move to the BC! We will lunch at Beaches and Cream and dinner at The Captains Grill. I know if the weather is good, we will enjoy Stormalong Bay most of the day.

Day 7 We will breakfast in the concierge lounge, and DD 14, and DS 8 and I will head to Behind the Seeds, while DH and DD 12 do the aqua seas tour for the third time! I've timed it so our tour ends when they go in the tank. So we can go watch them. It brings tears to my eyes every time. My DS and DD and I will lunch at Le Chefs, Katie's favorite, and then we will all have dinner at the Garden Grill together.

Day 8 A pretty free day...we will end with dinner at Marrakesh. Our first time.

My DH announced last night that he would like to do the scuba tour at Epcot too...well, thats only held during the dinnertime hours, so I need to do some last minute figuring out of a meal to drop, or a meal to do while he dives...Hmmmmm...have to figure that out soon!

So thats our trip that we've planned so far!!!
Thanks for reading!
I am over the moon with joy to return to My happy place. How lucky I feel to be able to look forward to this terrific time with my family!!:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
07-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Lisa,

Your trip sounds amazing. You are staying at two of my favorite resorts. Sounds like you also have some wonderful meals planned. You and the kids need to try and get dinner reservations at Coral Reef while DH does the scuba tour. Isn't this the tour they do in the tank at Coral Reef? That would be very cool for your kids to watch dad as they had dinner. Have a great time and don't let the heat melt you! LOL. I'll be on the look out for those trip reports when you get back.

DizNee143
07-22-2008, 12:02 PM
sounds like a great trip!! with a bunch of eating..all sounds good..and yummy!! lol..
hope you guys have a wonderful vacation! cant wait to hear all about it when you guys get back..:mickey:

Ropachs
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm right with you, hating the heat, good thing we live up north! WDW is the only place that would lure me into hotter temps. Loved your pre-trip report, I'll be cooler than you - but I'll still be super jealous!! Have a great time!

dolphinmickey9170
07-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Lisa, this sounds amazing.....I can't wait to see you at the mini meet!! WOOHOO!!!

Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Lizzie
07-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun. And I shouldn't read everyones trip plans when I am so hungry.

#1disneyfan
07-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Sounds like a great trip you have planned! I will be staying at the Poly in August also. I wonder if we will be there at the same time?

Have a great time and can't wait to hear about your trip when you return.

castlelady36
07-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Lisa

Looks like a great trip...but how can you not have a great trip at WDW!!! Anywho cannot wait to meet you at the minimeet in Epcot!!

Deb

Bethanymouse
07-23-2008, 06:50 PM
We love the POLY!!!! It sounds like you have a great trip planned! I hope that we can meet up with you at the mini Epcot meet!

faline
07-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Wonderful plans! I'm so jealous! The Poly is my most favorite resort!

Young@Heart
07-24-2008, 12:56 AM
It sounds like you have a great trip planned! :mickey:

vizsla
07-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. Have a great time and a safe trip.

EpcotChic23
07-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Sounds like a great time. I wish I can leave Jersey to go to WDW again. Just remember to stay hydrated down there and hopefully the heat wont bother you. Have a magical trip.

tinkerbell04
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Lisa, It sounds like you have a great trip planned, thanks for sharing all the details. I will be on the look out for a trip report when you return!

princessgirls
07-24-2008, 05:18 PM
You have a wonderful trip planned!!

Enjoy every minute!

Julie:mickey:

MauiMouse
07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Have a fantastic time and Enjoy! :thumbsup: :mickey:

mickey&missy
07-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Lisa! It sounds like you have a great trip planned! I'm so excited for you and your family! Take lots of pictures of that view for me! John and I are staying in a MK view, club level room for our anniversary trip in March! I love to see pictures of poly and that view :cloud9:

I hope you survive the heat! I'm sure you'll be fine! Lots of sunblock (LOTS, & LOTS & LOTS) and lots of water!!!

Enjoy! I can't wait to hear the trip report!

wdwgrl377
07-25-2008, 02:51 PM
WOW! I want to join in on this trip! Sounds like you've got a fantastic trip planned! I know you will all have loads of fun! Can't wait to read all about it... Have a magical time! Thanks for sharing:mickey:

Mackflava99
07-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow Lisa- i am totally impressed- you are way more organized than i am and Donna thinks i am too organized.
I like to have the plan ready so its easy to make sure we get to do everything, but i always also have alot of back-ups ready.

Since i have done this a few times i will chime in-
As far as Coral Reef during the dive.

1.) Steve won't get to eat with you so that wouldn't be fun.
2.) He will be tired but starving afterwards.
3.) The view from Coral reef is great but limited to the window you sit near- You will want to be out in the main area so you can track him as he navigates through the tank.So if you book Coral reef- do it about an hour after his dive is supposed to end.

I wish you all a terrific and Magical trip-
Bryan

synesthesiademo
07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
he says.."You're going to feel like you got hit with a hammer when you step outside in the Florida heat, its different then NJ".

My dad and I actually said the same thing when we were down there a couple of weeks ago! NJ heat is very hot, but breezy and nice to walk around in. FL heat is just REALLY REALLY hot and humid. It makes my mom's hair poof up! :P

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip - we were definitely not as organized as you, we figured out what we were going to eat as we went along and often just went to whatever CS place was nearest.

Bring lots of sunscreen and your ponchos (it rained almost every single day we were there), and don't forget to have a magical time! :)

ChipnDaleGal
07-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Looks like you have a great trip ahead of you! Two fabulous resorts and some terrific dining options too! Have fun, stay hydrated and take air conditioning breaks! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Here we go!!! Our last day home before we're off to the World!!! Our ADR's have been tweaked, we upgraded to the Deluxe Dining Plan, and our room requests have been faxed! My kids decorated mousekeeping envelopes and they are stuffed with our daily tips! One last cleaning of the house, the fridge, and one last look thru our luggage and we are OFF tomorrow morning! The car will pick us up early, a quick stop at Dunkin Donuts for our traditional munchkin and coffee breakfast on the way to the airport!! NJ happens to be a very out of character for August 57 degrees this morning, so now I'm thinking this heat will feel good!
I'll be meeting some intercot friends our first night at the MK for spectromagic! What a way to kick start the vacation
I CAN'T WAIT!!:mickey:
Thanks for reading everyone, and I'll report when we get back home!

mouseketeer mom
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
I've been home for 5 days now and can't believe its time to start my trip report, I feel like I was just planning this trip and now I'm writing about it!

mickey&missy
08-26-2008, 01:51 PM
I can't wait to read your report! I hope you guys had a good time and didn't get too much rain from Fay!