PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania tips

Closet Disney Fan
07-22-2008, 01:08 AM
A couple weeks ago my girlfriend's sister went to DCA and she said that guests were allowed to line up for Toy Story Mania before the park technically opened.She had arrived 30 minutes prior to the opening of the park so that her group could run to the ride and not wait that long but she was surprised when people had already been lined up in the park for some time. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this same thing or if you knew anything else about what the best way to keep from spending our whole day waiting in line because we are definatly not missing that ride ! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

tinkwest
07-24-2008, 11:46 AM
First of all, don't go on a weekend. I went on a Monday (07/14) and from the moment we got in line until the time we got off the ride was probably about 45 minutes. That is not bad, by Disney standards.

I think riding it first thing in the morning is a good idea. At least, it worked for us. We entered the park maybe 10 minutes before its official opening and walked straight to the rope near the vineyards at the foot of Grizzly Peak. Everyone was well behaved and obedient during the wait and on the way over. No pushing, shoving, or running (well, maybe fast walking!). It is quite a hike from the front of the park to the Midway Mania area when you are trying to get there as fast as you can.

The line moved quickly and everyone was in a happy mood. No worn out, grumpy people like you might find later in the day. There were a few vendors set up right by the line selling drinks & frozen lemonade. We bought a couple of drinks while in line, which cooled us down after our hike & gave us something to occupy our time.

After our ride the line still didn't look any longer than when we had gotten in it so, from my experience, I think first thing in the morning on a weekday is your best bet.

Closet Disney Fan
07-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks I will definitely try that !

dixielandings
07-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Where is this located? I just rode the WDW version a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty cool. But I don't know where they've put it at DCA. Thanks.

NotaGeek
07-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Where is this located? I just rode the WDW version a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty cool. But I don't know where they've put it at DCA. Thanks.

It's located on the boardwalk at DCA under California Screamin' ... next to the Carousel.

Marla
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
I arrived at the Parks the day of the earthquake at about 4:30 p.m. I walked back to Toy Story Mania as soon as I got there. The line was about an hour long at that time. I decided to go eat dinner then return for the ride. When I got back I believe it was about 8 p.m. I got in line right were the sign says your wait from here is 45 minutes. My actual wait time was 30 minutes.:woohoo::joy:The line moved quickly, and I really enjoyed the ride. My score was 88,900.:silly::tink:

BrerGnat
08-15-2008, 01:48 PM
There is a SINGLE RIDERS line for Toy Story Midway Mania.

I don't know how long it has been in place, or whether it is always open or not, but it was available this past Monday afternoon.

The wait was ZERO minutes! Both my DH and I rode. I scored 155,740 with 28% accuracy for my FIRST EVER ride! I am very proud of myself! :number1: Awesome ride. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

FYI, the standby wait time around 1:30pm on Monday was 30 min. Not too bad at all, I think.

sdewan
08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
When it first opened, we arrived at DCA about a half an hour before opening, and they were already forming a queue for TSM. The castmember said the wait was approximately 90 minutes, and the park hadn't even opened. We came back later that morning and the wait was still 90 minutes. But then we tried immediately after the Pixar Play Parade ended, before the crowds could make their way over there, and the wait was temporarily down to 30 minutes. But in general, DCA crowds tend to thin out a bit in the evening anyway.

badkitty
08-29-2008, 01:53 AM
She had arrived 30 minutes prior to the opening of the park so that her group could run to the ride and not wait that long but she was surprised when people had already been lined up in the park for some time.

There are private entrances in DCA for ParidisePier and Grand Californian hotel guests. They may have been allowed in earlier or just got there first. (The PPH entrance is on the Boardwalk.)

IMHO, the single rider queue is the way to go but... the ride cars are two across so if you want the experience to "play" against each other, you will want to stand in line.

Have fun!!:mickey3:

NotaGeek
08-29-2008, 02:23 AM
There are private entrances in DCA for ParidisePier and Grand Californian hotel guests. They may have been allowed in earlier or just got there first. (The PPH entrance is on the Boardwalk.)

IMHO, the single rider queue is the way to go but... the ride cars are two across so if you want the experience to "play" against each other, you will want to stand in line.

Have fun!!:mickey3:

There is a private entrance at the GCH for resort guests (ANYONE staying in one of the hotels of the DLR can use this entrance.) The PPH entrance has been closed for quite some time.

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
They have removed the SINGLE RIDER option at WDW in Florida. Have they done the same in California?

2Epcot
09-11-2008, 01:27 AM
They have removed the SINGLE RIDER option at WDW in Florida. Have they done the same in California?

The last time I rode it at DCA was about 2 weeks ago, and the single rider line was still there. This line does seem to get backed up from time to time, but nothing compared to the regular stand-by line.

badkitty
09-11-2008, 01:41 AM
There is a private entrance at the GCH for resort guests (ANYONE staying in one of the hotels of the DLR can use this entrance.) The PPH entrance has been closed for quite some time.

Oops. :blush: Sorry. I didn't even notice it was gone.

Tinkerbell'sFlight
09-19-2008, 03:54 PM
There's 5 in my family: How many per car?

tinkwest
09-19-2008, 04:34 PM
There's 5 in my family: How many per car?

4. Seated back to back.

NotaGeek
10-06-2008, 03:59 AM
AMAZING. :clappy:

I absolutely LOVE this new attraction. Longest wait was 40 minutes, but totally worth it!

Chescat
10-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Rode it on Oct 9 & 10th and went Single Rider. We had 4 in our party and we were all within a car of each other. It was definitely the way to go unless you have children. The line was about 45 minutes each time for normal riders. We got on in around 15 mins.