PDA

View Full Version : anyone been to a concert at HOB?

drhama
07-21-2008, 11:35 PM
We love HOB. Try to get to all the different locations. 4 down so far. I don't know how many shirts if have bought over the years but never been to a concert. It looks like we will have time on this trip to catch one. Clutch or the Black Keys sound good. I think Clutch is the Ace of Cakes favorite band. I saw him do a cake for them on one of his shows. Wondering what the concert hall was like - seating, length of show and such. Any tips?

allentownguy
07-22-2008, 07:20 PM
wow another clutch fan:thumbsup:
i have been at hob to see shows a few times, the one at downtown is a fun place but it is not "metal friendly" disney about a year ago banned all metal, thrash, speed and hardcore bands from disney venues. i have been to the atlantic city location and you could not tell that was a house of blues policy, but the downtown location is a great place to see live music. it is not as large as other hob venues and sound great everywere in the building.
have fun:mickey:

and if you want to see about the disney policy just do a search "disney bans metal"

Dave Wise
07-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Wow. Did they really ban metal??? Thats unfortunate. I saw Jerry Cantrell there a few years ago and it was a good venue. I had a great time and always look to see who is playing when I am there.

Clutch is awesome. 10001110101. Pure goodness.

drhama
07-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Clutch it is. It was my first choice. Clutch and the Black Keys were the only options for days that we had open. Can't wait.
Why would Disney make a policy to ban metal? Have there been problems with metal bands?