PDA

View Full Version : help me find things to eat in the room!!

momof3+twins
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
We just can't stand thought of 40 dollar counter service meals for every meal of our trip. So, we have figured out breakfast, we will eat out one meal. But, help me with good ideas for meals in the room. Sandwiches all the time will get old. We have a fridge. And I will use the microwave and toaster in the food court, not shy here!!

kjluvdisney
07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
How about the oriental noodle cups? Run water through coffee pot to heat it.:thumbsup:

Lizzie
07-21-2008, 09:52 PM
You can get chef boyarde or however you spelll it. They have ravioli and mac in cheese in small cans that you can heat up in.

sisterdisco
07-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Will you have a car?
If so, there is a Publix close, and you can get a rotisserie chicken, a side of mashed, etc. already cooked.
there are a few items at some resorts w/ the kitchens that sell simple foods IE: hot dogs--can microwave.
Might be worth a trip to the general store at Fort Wilderness to get a few items.

TheRustyScupper
07-21-2008, 11:56 PM
I prefer poptarts-ala-mode.

crazypoohbear
07-22-2008, 12:45 AM
canned soups
easy mac / add hot dogs or veggies to it.
oatmeal
pasta with jar of alfredo sauce add veggies.
raman noodles

Disney Lynn
07-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Assuming you have a car, I agree with using take-out (plus other prepared foods) from one of the local grocery stores. I just wish there was a Whole Foods nearby (ot Trader Joes).

After a day in the park, one parent can take the kids to the pool while the other drives off to pick up something yummy (and cheaper and probably more nutritious that in the parks). Eat by the pool or in your room. Most stores now carry wonderful salads (with a protein souce already in them- like grilled salmon or chicken), although the above mentioned rotiserrie chicken plus side dishes is still a favorite for us.

MissStyles
07-22-2008, 08:49 AM
light meal ideas:

fruit (strawberries, apples, oranges, bananas etc.)
yogurt
trail mix
veggies and hummus
tortilla chips and salsa
larabars (really delicious fruit and nut bars)

i never bought lunch on my last vacation and just kept items like these in my room, it saved me lots of $$$ and wasn't too much so i could really have a nice dinner each nite! :thumbsup:

prshell
07-23-2008, 08:41 PM
A jar of peanut butter goes a long way -- sands, crackers, straight out of the jar :mickey:
As someone else said, there are different microwave meals you can use. If you have a fridge, I would also take some bottle water and you can use the Koolaide singles.

gmgdisneymom
07-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Yogurt - in cups, drinkables, or squeezables
Cheese cubes/ string cheese
pepperoni
fruit (also in the plastic cups)
lunchables
hard-boiled eggs (from home)
nuts
the microwavable containers or mac and cheese, raviolis etc
ready-mac and cheese

Good luck

andreallybadeggs
07-24-2008, 04:59 PM
I prefer poptarts-ala-mode.
:D:D:D
Ah...so obvious now how you've earned the reputation as one of Intercot's leading connoisseurs. This would fall in the dessert (or perhaps appetizer) category; so what's for our entrée-- spam au gratin? ;)
We also like to pick up the rotisserie chicken along with a nice loaf of crusty bread and some fresh fruit.
Or you can put together some nachos that most kids will like-- chips covered with shredded cheese of your choice (or cheese sauce in a jar if you prefer--I think it's horrible) zapped in the microwave then topped with salsa. Add a salad and you can fill up fairly easily.
If you're really lucky you can find a Wal Mart
with turkey legs @ half the price!

jonahbear2006
07-25-2008, 02:34 AM
we always eat breakfast at the bakery in MK. they have snacks that aren't expensive to eat. We got 2 omelets and a cinomin roll there and a couple of yogurts and our family of 6 shared it. The rolls are huge.
Sams club sells bear claws, danishes, and muffins that come individually wrapped. These are good snacks to take for breakfast in the room, as well. Another thing you can get is fresh waffles. Our grocery store sells them, in the bread department. They go in the fridge if you aren't gonna eat them in a few days but at room temperature they are really good for kids to eat with a little bit of jelly or syrup.

DISNEYLOVERS5
07-25-2008, 07:18 AM
microwavable waffles

eandrsmom
07-25-2008, 09:32 AM
If you can make it to a local grocery, check out their deli for premade salads. My kids love to eat chicken salad on crackers. You can add some fresh fruit, cheese, or raw veggies and have a wonderful lunch.