PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Airport Help

Gregandmel
07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
For those of you that have used the Magic Express service, can you help me with the layout of the Orlando Airport? We will be flying in on Southwest which is on the "A" side and I know we need to get to the "B" side and down to level 1 to do the Disney's Magic Express. Where am I walking to in order to get to the "B" side, and does anyone take the little tram thing (like a "people mover" I think it's called). Any help would be great. It seems like such a large airport and I would hate to walk off the airplane and just stand there clueless as to where to go next. Thanks!!!!!!

LauraF
07-21-2008, 01:11 PM
It's quite easy actually.
(If you search MCO on the web you can find their terminal maps.)

There will be big signs hanging from the ceiling that give you directions. Yes, you do take the tram to get from your gate to the main terminal. Once you get in, head to your left and go through the hotel lobby. There will be escalators to take you down to the right floor. Once you get off, head to your right.

There are always WDW people there with signs for ME to help you with directions too.

Piglet822
07-23-2008, 07:56 PM
You will take the tram from the gates to the main terminal.
If you are letting DME handle your luggage simply proceed to the B side of the airport and then head down to Level 1. The only level you can cross over from one terminal to the other is Level 3.
If you are claiming your own luggage you'll need to go the 2nd floor to get your bags then go back to the 3rd level to cross over to the other terminal.
Once you arrive on the lower level of terminal B you'll see rental car counters on the back wall. With the rental car counters on your right, walk toward the end of the terminal and you will find the DME Welcome Center.

faline
07-23-2008, 08:02 PM
If you are claiming your own luggage you'll need to go the 2nd floor to get your bags then go back to the 3rd level to cross over to the other terminal.

On our last trip, my husband thought I'd gotten it all backwards! We picked up our own luggage and then I told my husband we'd have to go upstairs and back down again! With his superior sense of direction, he told me he didn't remember having to go up and down on our prior trip. I needed to remind him we had not stopped for luggage on that trip!