PDA

View Full Version : Uncrustables

disneymom15
07-21-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm bringing my great niece on her first trip in 3 weeks (can't wait). I was talking with her mother about what she likes to eat for breakfast. We're staying at POP, and I think I remember seeing uncrustables in the food court. Can anyone confirm this?

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-21-2008, 12:52 PM
What's an Uncrustable?:scratch:

disneymom15
07-21-2008, 01:35 PM
I think it's something like a pop tart? I've seen them in the grocery stores, they're in the freezer section.

TexasPrincessAurora
07-21-2008, 01:45 PM
If there are peanut butter sandwiches they will be Uncrustables. Typically resorts that have grab and go food will have them. DS LOVES PB&J so we usually know everywhere you can get them. The only place he's had PB&J at WDW that wasn't uncrustables was at Jiko.

jonahbear2006
07-21-2008, 03:01 PM
my kids thought the uncrustables were disgusting, however, they are everywhere in Disney, in just about every food court and food stand. we tried to avoid having to get them but some counter services have little variety to offer a child. i suggest bringing some pop tarts.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
They are delicious!

I love the new honey ones!

And yes, Pop does have them there.

florida girl
07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Anyone know how much Disney charges for their Uncrustables?

MNNHFLTX
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
What's an Uncrustable?:scratch:I had never heard of them before either. From the Smucker's website:

"We sealed the goodness of a Smucker's PB&J sandwich inside soft bread and removed the crust. All you do is thaw and serve--a simple way to enjoy one of life's simple pleasures.

For something hot, try our classic grilled cheese"

big blue and hairy
07-22-2008, 04:06 PM
They are delicious!Yup...

I love the new honey ones! Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good...

And yes, Pop does have them there.Lots of 'em...

:sulley:

Young@Heart
07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
My DD is very picky, and we found that bringing bread, a jar of peanut butter, and little jelly packets came in handy for the hotel room.

I think we're going to give the uncrustables a try this time, but might bring some bread and PB just in case. ;)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I believe the uncrustables are $1.99 but I can't remember. They might be only 99 cents. It's been a year since I worked at Pop.

caryrae
07-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I am 35 and I eat uncrustables. Nice quick snack to bring to work. Never seen the Honey one what is that one?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-22-2008, 09:10 PM
It's a new sandwich.

It's PB and Honey and it's DELICIOUS!!!!!

In fact, I should go to Publix and see if they have more.

garymacd
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
We HAD to stop at Wal-Mart on the way down this past May and buy some! My beloved wife forced me to stop.

We ate them on the drive. It was a heck of a lot cheaper than Subway for lunch. We stored them in the hotel fridge and they were still good for ride home.

I haven't seen them up here yet.

tinksmom02
07-23-2008, 09:32 PM
I had never heard of them before either. From the Smucker's website:

"We sealed the goodness of a Smucker's PB&J sandwich inside soft bread and removed the crust. All you do is thaw and serve--a simple way to enjoy one of life's simple pleasures.

For something hot, try our classic grilled cheese"

It's funny, they remove the crust, but there's an "edge" where the sandwich is sealed, and some of my kids (I teach preK) have to peel the edge off because they don't like it LOL So while it's an Uncrustable sandwich, it is NOT an Unedgable LOL

DD won't touch PB with a pole, so we don't have them, but I remember seeing them in the parks.

LisaP
07-24-2008, 04:27 PM
You may want to consider bringing them from home as well. I used a small insulated lunch bag and brought them on the plane with me (still frozen). My son has food allergies, and is also a picky eater, so I brought some foods that I know he likes. You will be amazed how many Uncrustables you can fit into a small insualted lunch bag :thumbsup:

Tink#64
07-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I know that Pop has uncrustables. I don't know what all flavors the have, but I do know that they have the grape PB & J. One trip my oldest DS got them almost every single day! He's a PB junkie! We keep them at home always. Oldest DS loves the grape, youngest likes the strawberry & everyone likes the grilled cheese! These are the best thing since sliced bread! Oldest DS takes one in his lunch box to school everyday! I keep them frozen & by lunch time it's nicely thawed & the bread is super soft! It's perfect! :thumbsup:

disneydeb
07-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Our school cafeteria serves them for the sandwich choice for the day. I love them with a glass of milk!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RPHX2NC
07-26-2008, 08:58 AM
We love uncrustables. I pack them in school lunch boxes daily. I will stop at a grocery store on the way and pick some up if possible. DD will only eat grape. Can't take any chances. Every different grocery chain here has them in a different location but always in the frozen food. Super Wal-mart stocks them so I believe that all super Wal-marts would and they are everywhere! (good DH works for Wal-mart);) The grape box is purple and the strawberry is red and they come in boxes of 4 or 10. They are not cheap but easy and the children love them.

Wishmaker
07-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Guanteed they have uncrustables at POP. My daughter and I were just there in May. Unless they move them around they are located in the back center of the food court. In the grocery section, that is what I call it, over to the right before the pastries. Enjoy.

Also the grilled cheese ones ROCK!! but I didn't see those.

azdisneymom
07-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Take a tip from someone who works at a school. Look carefully at the Uncrustable before buying. The fresh one look like nice white bread and kids love them. The longer they sit around the more likely the moisture from the filling is to discolor the bread in spots, make it dark looking. Most kids think they are too old to eat and toss them.

We personally pack peanut butter and mini chocolate chips to make a dip for fresh fruit. My kids love it. Plus if you are running late in the morning you can put the dip in a disposable container, grab some sliced apples and eat at the parks.