PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Magical Express........

DisneyBunch
07-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Generally, how long before your flight is scheduled do you have to catch the ME bus back to the airport? I realize that your pick up time will be scheduled, I'm just trying to plan our final morning.:confused::confused::confused:

CleveRocks
07-20-2008, 10:05 PM
The morning of the day before your departure day, you'll get a paper in your room with your assigned DME bus pick-up time. It'll be about 3 hours (+/- 15 or 20 minutes) prior to your scheduled flight time.

AllDisney
07-20-2008, 10:16 PM
From our past experiences it's been about 3 hours.

bkfree
07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
It was also 3 hours for us.

That is one reason why we booked a later departure time for our trip in Dec, 5pm.

Our last day at AKL will be like this,
up at 6am get dressed and check out and stow baggage with Bell Services.
Catch bus to MK for 8am ADR at Crystal Palace, hang at MK until 1pm and head back to resort.
Catch ME at 2, arrive at airport around 3 checking, then catch a bite to eat before boarding our plane at 5pm, home at 5:40.*90 minute flight and time zone change.

lulu'smom
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Keep in mind that the ME documents also tell you to be at the DME pick up spot 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time. The busses do sometimes show up a few minutes early, and if you miss your bus you will have to figure out another way to the airport. They only schedule busses when they have people to pick up, so you may have quite a wait until the next bus. And if that bus is scheduled to be full you won't get on that one either.

CleveRocks
07-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Keep in mind that the ME documents also tell you to be at the DME pick up spot 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time. The busses do sometimes show up a few minutes early, and if you miss your bus you will have to figure out another way to the airport. They only schedule busses when they have people to pick up, so you may have quite a wait until the next bus. And if that bus is scheduled to be full you won't get on that one either.

Very excellent points.:thumbsup:

miprender
07-22-2008, 10:20 AM

So true because this happend to us in 2006 at the Pop. I read the ticket wrong and I thought the time it stated was the time to be there. Well we get there and the driver wouldn't let us on because we were going to make him late. It worked out fine because another bus came in 15 minutes for the next people so we just got on that bus and we still arrived at the airport in time.

pink
07-22-2008, 06:19 PM
I just spoke to a CM the other night and he said 3 hours as well. :mickey:

DisneyBunch
07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks. This will definitely help us plan our last day.:mickey: