PDA

View Full Version : A Newbie;)

Isabell
07-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi everyone!!!! I am very new to this site-thanks to a co-worker's tip!!!!! My whole family (14 of us) are going for a week on Disney Magic in December!!!!!! I think I am the most excited so far....if anyone has anything at all for tips, info. advice I really would appreciate it! Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you!!!!!

ElenitaB
07-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Welcome aboard, Isabell! Glad to have you here.

Tips for the Wonder/Magic?

Pack swimsuits in your carry-on bags (along with any medications), and take advantage of the almost empty pools.

Also, if you're not planning on dancing at the sailaway party (the party itself is a MUST), get up to Deck 10 after you return your lifejackets to your cabin and get a spot against the railing. Once the ship pulls away, be sure to go and check out the CMs at port waving goodbye with their big Mickey hands! :mickey:

Do NOT miss Disney Dreams! It's a great show and a must-do for any Disney-loving soul. Very, very magical. :cloud9:

Dixie Springs
07-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Ditto on Disney Dreams! It was our favorite of all shows.

Isabell
08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey everyone!!!! Just rec'd the pre-cruise pkg & soooooo excited - but lots of quiestions too! We are doing an Eastern Carib. Cruise on The Magic this coming Dec and I was checking out the day trips. Great selection, but where to start???? Are there any that anyone would recomend as a 'Must Do'? Some are quite similar-then some are just sounding awesome? Also, any tips for saving $$$$ would be great too. There are 14 of us including 6 kids 8 & under;)!!!!! Looking forward to your suggestions etc as I am new to Intercot & so far loving the info that's on here & you're all so very helpful-it's great!!!!!!
Isabell

TammiMcMan
08-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Also, any tips for saving $$$$ would be great too.Beyond paying for the cruise and your tips, you don't have to spend a dime if you don't want to. The excursions can add up quickly, especially for large groups. You might want to pick one "must do" and then just tour the ports on your own. In most cases, I believe you can order a lunch from room service and take it with you into the port in a cooler. This will save you from buying a meal that you've basically already paid for. When you re-board the ship, just make sure your cooler is empty.

Photographers have setups for professional pictures every night, but they are more than happy to also take a picture with your own camera.

You can bring your own alcohol on board and not have to worry about that added expense.

A simple pillowcase, dropped off at guest services with some chocolate and different color fabric pens makes for a great and inexpensive souvenier. All the characters will sign it.

Isabell
08-04-2008, 09:58 PM
:thumbsup:Hey-thanks for the info-I've already entered it into my little notebook. If we do bring wine, spirits onboard-do they have be enjoyed ONLY in our stateroom? I know there's a corking fee to bring it to dinner, but can I also utilize my own insulated mug & bring it with me to wherever I am going on the ship??? Thanks a gain....Isabell!

Ed
08-05-2008, 04:29 PM
:...but can I also utilize my own insulated mug & bring it with me to wherever I am going on the ship???

Let's just put it this way... nobody's gonna check to see what's in your mug. :cool:

We did the Eastern cruise a few years ago; it was great! Only thing I would caution you on is be choosy about tours in St. Thomas. Although the driver of our modified pickup truck {no, I'm not kidding} took us to some very nice places (most notably St. Peter Greathouse) that afforded beautiful scenery, the wild ride was enough to age us several years ~~~ and we can't afford that! :old:

:welcome: to Intercot ~~ We're glad you found us!

TammiMcMan
08-05-2008, 06:48 PM
On one DCL cruise we were on, I was sitting on a lounge chair by the adult pool. The group next to me had a whole bar setup alongside them. They were mixing drinks along the edge of the pool. Personally, I thought that might have been pushing things a little bit and I get nervous with glass by the pool anyway, but to answer your question, you can bring your alcohol anywhere you want. It's not confined to the stateroom.

Experiment626
08-07-2008, 10:29 AM
After my 8 Disney Cruises let me give you one piece of advice.

Remember you are on vacation so don't try to do everything and don't try to fill your days with excursions and activities till you are exhausted.

Leave time for yourself to relax, some of the best most relaxing times I have had onboard over the years is simply sitting by the adult pool on a port day reading a book with the soft music in the background and the warm sun on me.

I have seen too many people exhausted at the end of their vacation because they did too much.

Sit back relax and enjoy and when you head home you will feel like you truely had a vacation like none other:mickey:

Donald_Quackers
08-07-2008, 11:18 PM
I read the same advice in the Passporter. I'm going to get an extra navigator that I can just markup with the stuff I really want to do, and other things that I'd like to do.

For instance, at Nassau, I'd really want to do the Atlantis Aquaventure, and at Castaway Cay, the Personal Watercraft Eco tour, along with the various Mousefest events and whatever singles events they have on the cruise (and I have seen them on the Navigator -- no guarantee they'll be done, but if it is, I'm there).

Walt Lucas
08-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Ok, I'm a first timer also and i was wondering if in Nassau, we find nothing interesting to keep us busy for the day, can we go back to the ship and just relax? I do plan on spending some time on the island, but there's not a ton that sounds interesting (to me at least)

TammiMcMan
08-12-2008, 10:10 PM
We've been to Nassau a few times and I honestly prefer staying on the ship. If you've never been, then I would definitely suggest getting off and at least walk a few of the blocks around the Welcome Center. You can even walk to the infamous Straw Market to check that out.

Just be aware of your timing if you plan on having lunch on the ship. The dining hours will be printed on your Navigator for that day. If you don't make it back in time for one of the restaurants, you can still get room service or something from one of the "take out" locations on Deck 9.

If you decide to stay on board, there are still plenty of activities going on, plus the movie theatre is open.