PDA

View Full Version : Room request at POR

andmomlau
07-20-2008, 04:22 PM
We are staying at POR next month and I have a question about rooms. Although we stayed there several years ago, (one time we loved the area the second time we were on a lower level right next to the laundry rooms where there were dirty towels outside of our room every morning!) I can't remember what each of the areas were called. I prefer the Magnolia Bend section. Any suggestions as to what I should ask for (if it even matters!) when we check in? I've heard a lot of discussion about the availability of buses at POR...since we have not stayed at this resort for several years, just wondering if anyone has any info. on that also????

disneyfan328
07-21-2008, 09:12 AM
We stayed int he Alligator Bayou section in Bldg 15. we were very close (short walk across parking lot and up a path) to the bus stop(the main one). we never really had a problem with the buses except when at DTD and we were trying to get back to the hotel. It took forever and there were so many buses that came by that said they were "drop off only?" after the 4th one we asked the driver what the deal was (by this time we had waited almost an hour) he said he didn't know but would call and ask them to send a bus out to as soon. another drop off only came before we could get back. as far as buses at the hotel to the parks ect, I think they were fine we never waited more than about 10 mins for a bus - only time my dh had an issue was when my son wasn't feeling well at MK and he left about an hour before park close to take him back to the hotel. He said he waited aobut 30-40 mins for a bus and my son (who is 6) fell asleep and he was trying to hold him ect it was just not good and so hot. My husband almost always ended up stanind and my oldest daughter held my son and I held my middle daughter so 5 of us only took up 2 seats on the bus - I was still amazed at the amount of people that would not give up there seat to the parent that was trying to hold a sleeping child. but thats not the busses, thats the people. I would say your best bet for a room request would be to check out one of the very detailed maps of the resort here on icot and then try to make a request for that building. you should have it noted on the reservation and also try faxing it to them a few days prior to arrival. I have heard that doen't work anymore, but I think it helps and in my eyes it couldn't hurt. good luck.

#1donaldfan
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't think they any longer honor faxed or phoned in room / bldg. requests.....there were just so many.....I think they will consider those done with your initial reservation....however those are just requests nothing etched into stone......
....we love POR and have NEVER had any problems with the busses.....yes, from time to time we've had to wait a little longer than others, but those were peak times and times the parks were closing....
....if you want the AB section I would suggest bldg 14....it's the closest to the busses and food, with no laundry attached.....
....it's an awesome resort and we fondly call it our home away from home.....:mickey: