PDA

View Full Version : ybc and monorail

jonahbear2006
07-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I was planning on being able to walk to epcot and use the monorail but, it seems that you come in the other side of Epcot from bc, is that right? Will we not be able to walk to Epcot and take the monorail to Magic Kingdom? Will we have to enter epcot and walk to the other side of the park to get to the monorail?

CaptainDisney
07-20-2008, 01:33 PM
You are completely right. You do have to walk through Epcot, from the International Gateway between France and the UK to the front entrance, to reach the Epcot monorail station. The direct bus from the BC is bound to be faster (and less tiring!), even with other stops on the way.

To take the monorail from BC, you're looking at a mile walk, then an 8-minute monorail ride, then a monorail connection at TTC.

jonahbear2006
07-20-2008, 01:45 PM
hmm, well, bummer. we may just take our car. I don't really like to take disney buses all that much but who knows, I may break down and take the bus.

Tinkerbellfan
07-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Hello,

Just an FYI - We always rent a car at WDW. The only park we NEVER drive to is Magic Kingdom. This is because unlike the other 3 parks, the parking lot at MK is not directly connected to Magic Kingdom amd you can't walk from the parking lot to the park. Even if you drive, you will still need to take either a boat or the monorail to get to MK.

I would recommend taking your resort bus to Magic Kingdom and not drive.

TammiMcMan
07-20-2008, 03:26 PM
From the BC, you're about a 3 - 5 minute to the International Gateway entrance at Epcot. You'll be right around England when you get in. You'd need to walk back towards future world, get your hand stamped for re-entry into the MK and then up the ramp for the monorail. It's definitely do-able and a lot of people don't mind the extra walking. A park hopper ticket would be required.

I would recommend taking your resort bus to Magic Kingdom and not drive.We've never had any problems with the YC bus to the MK. It was very convenient and so nice to be dropped right at the entrance, instead of needing a parking lot shuttle and then the ferry or monorail.

CleveRocks
07-20-2008, 03:56 PM
You'd need to walk back towards future world, get your hand stamped for re-entry into the MK and then up the ramp for the monorail.
Just so no one is confused, they did away with hand-stamping over 3 years ago.

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the OP will need to have a PARK HOPPER ticket to walk through Epcot to take the monorail if he/she intends to enter Magic Kingdom that day. WIthout the Park Hopper, you can only enter one theme park per day, and you'd use up that "one" by walking through Epcot on the way to the monorail.

TammiMcMan
07-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Just so no one is confused, they did away with hand-stamping over 3 years ago.Thanks, I should have remembered that :blush: .

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the OP will need to have a PARK HOPPER ticket to walk through Epcot to take the monorail if he/she intends to enter Magic Kingdom that day.Yup, it's my last sentence in that first paragraph :thumbsup: .

CleveRocks
07-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Sorry about that one ... you're absolutely right.
I should've just written, "Yeh, what Tammi said!":grouphug:

TammiMcMan
07-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I should've just written, "Yeh, what Tammi said!":grouphug:Oh no, that wouldn't have been a good thing, because I messed up the hand stamping thing :D .

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Definitely don't drive to MK, it'll take longer than walking through Epcot and taking the monorails. We've done this a number of times and it's great walking through the World Showcase when it's empty, assuming you go before 11am when it opens.

jonahbear2006
07-20-2008, 09:03 PM
ok but what do we do about our ressie for chef mickeys. It is at 735, so we need to leave our resort at 7am, do the buses run that early and how do i get there from the bc, will there be a bus for it?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-20-2008, 09:14 PM
It would depend on if the MK has early hours that day and what time the opening is. You might be better off taking a cab to insure you get there on time. It will be anywhere from $10 to $20.

jonahbear2006
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
we have a car. i dont want to take a cab when we can drive for free, or almost free anyways. we always drive to disney. last time we drove to GF for breakfast and it worked out ok, i just dont know how to get to contemp. or if I can in our car. sorry. my question was really, can i drive my car to contemporary from the beach club?

DizneyRox
07-20-2008, 09:45 PM
sorry. my question was really, can i drive my car to contemporary from the beach club?
Of course you can. You'll need to move your car though after breakfast and park it in the MK parking lot, then take the ferry or the monorail over to MK. A cab would be the best in this case, really, it's a short 5 minute walk from the Contemporary over to MK. Moving the car and taking the monorail/ferry will take about an hour out of your day.

CleveRocks
07-20-2008, 10:10 PM
ok but what do we do about our ressie for chef mickeys. It is at 735, so we need to leave our resort at 7am, do the buses run that early and how do i get there from the bc, will there be a bus for it?
It would depend on if the MK has early hours that day and what time the opening is. You might be better off taking a cab to insure you get there on time. It will be anywhere from $10 to $20.
A taxi will be totally unnecessary.

Disney Transport buses to the MK area start running at about 6:30 a.m. from each of the WDW resorts. If you are lucky, the driver will drop you off directly at Contemporary Resort (site of Chef Mickey's) if you inform him/her that your ADR is there. If not, Contemporary is just across the street from the MK bus area.

These early buses run 7 days a week ... it has nothing to do with whether or not Magic Kingdom has morning Extra Magic Hours.

Trust me on this one, Disney wants you to use their buses, and they make it easy for you to get to even your earlist ADRs.

It may seem like a new or risky thing to you, but it's been business as usual at WDW for years, and they still do it every day.

jonahbear2006
07-20-2008, 10:37 PM
cool. thanks. That will work. I will just take a bus to MK that morinng. We have no plans that day and don't intend on being at MK that day or any other park. We have nowhere to be until Ohana at 930 pm. That will be our roam around the world day and visit different resorts. We probably won't even take the stroller, so taking our car wouldn't be a serious problem but it will still take time out from getting around from one place to another.

TammiMcMan
07-20-2008, 11:40 PM
That will be our roam around the world day and visit different resorts.Those are my favorite kind of days. As CleveRocks mentioned, leave the car and let Disney do the driving. They are well aware of early ADR's and either the standard resort bus can get you there, or just ask at the BC. They have shuttle vans they can use to get you over there if it's a problem.

After breakfast, you can take the boat over and visit FW if you want. They have the petting farm, not sure if the hayrides are available throughout the day, but you can also rent bikes, canoes or do some fishing. You can go back to the MK, then the monorail via the boat, or hop on the Downtown Disney bus from FW and head in that direction.

jonahbear2006
07-21-2008, 02:23 AM
yes yes! We have a few resorts we have not seen yet. I want to see boardwalk, key west, gotta stop at grand f. and poly of course!, and want to check out por. last time we saw monorail resorts, wl, akl, pofq but the pool was closed off so we didnt get a good look or pictures. We did stay at FW so we got to do those things last time. I want to swing over to Fantasia gardens and play golf. We need to use our vouchers. Last two times we forgot all about them

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Just an FYI, if you were going to drive to Contemporary you would just follow the signs for the MK and veer off to the right.

jonahbear2006
07-21-2008, 07:53 PM
well, thank you very much! I will keep that in mind!

TINKERBELL_82
07-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Just an FYI, if you were going to drive to Contemporary you would just follow the signs for the MK and veer off to the right.

I was just going to say this. Directly after you go through the parking tolls, just stay all the way to your right and there is a road that veers off. You can ask the attendant if you don't see it. :mickey: