PDA

View Full Version : Oct. or Jan.?

BiloxiMom
07-20-2008, 01:18 PM
I've almost got DH talked into going back ! :party: Now... we've been the past few Januarys and done the Pirate/Princess party and we've always loved it. No crowds at that party! Several years ago we went in late Oct. and found it more crowded, the weather all over the place and the Halloween party very, VERY crowded. Saying all of that... the family want to try it again. Halloween at Disney is pretty cool.. but is it worth the crowds? Maybe we were just there at a more crowded week. What is your opinion on the better month? And.. what weeks are better within those months? We try to avoid the marathon weekend, cheerleading week, dancer week, flaming baton week... etc.
Any advice would be great!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
07-20-2008, 01:27 PM
We've almost always gone in October and don't find it crowded except around the US Columbus day which is the same day as Canadian Thanksgiving. That gets a lot of extras come in at one time. So yes, it is a good time to go.

Not sure how long, years ago is but up to about 2 years ago the Disney golf tournament was played about the last week of October and crowds were heavy before it and after it. Its now in November so that issue is no longer there.

Tinkerbellfan
07-20-2008, 02:00 PM
We have enjoyed Disney World in October more so than January just because of the warmer weather. In January, we have found the weather to be unpredictable. In addition to the Halloween party, we really enjoyed Wine & Food festival.

LittleRoosMommy
07-20-2008, 02:17 PM
We always try to go to WDW in October, around the middle of the month. The crowds are usually lighter, especially through the week. Weekend crowds tend to be a little heavier. The weather has always been perfect!! We love MNSSHP!! The party is fun and the fireworks incredible! Not to mention the F&W Festival at Epcot!! We'll be there again this Oct 18-25!!

azdisneymom
07-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Dd and I went to WDW this past Jan. 1 - 6. The crowds were certainly doable (sp?) and we enjoyed the last of the holiday decorations. However I can say that the weather is unpredictable. The week before we arrived it was in the 80's during the day. We arrived to 60. Then things turned ugly. It was coldest temps for Orlando in years. Mornings and nights were freezing. Waiting for the Fantasmic was almost too much. People were wrapped in blankets and beach towels. The week after we left, you guessed it, temps back to the 70's and 80's.

We are trying October this year.

markyv
07-20-2008, 09:14 PM
I vote for October. Rates often go up after the first of the year, so in October you would get more bang for your buck. We are actually going in October ourselves. We have picked the last week in October to go and it looks like we will have temps that have been the upper 70's to low 80's historically. That should be perfect.

FreFam5
07-22-2008, 09:42 AM
we were all set to book for January and I got overly excited and decided to push it up to October. Then I saw this thread and was so scared everyone would say January was WAY better!! LOL

We're going October 15th to the Poly!! I cannot wait!

BlueDorrie
07-22-2008, 10:05 AM
We always try to go to WDW in October, around the middle of the month. The crowds are usually lighter, especially through the week. Weekend crowds tend to be a little heavier. The weather has always been perfect!! We love MNSSHP!! The party is fun and the fireworks incredible! Not to mention the F&W Festival at Epcot!! We'll be there again this Oct 18-25!!

Hi LittleRoosMommy

DH and I are going the same week. We're looking forward to the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP too.

CanadianWDWFan
07-22-2008, 10:50 AM
We're looking forward to the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP too.
Another GREAT reason to go in October!:thumbsup: Walking around Epcot and trying all the different foods :tasty: was an added plus.

We have been at both times and really prefer October. The weather is more predictable and the MNSSHP is the best. We even enjoyed it more than the MVMCP, which we love. We had such a great time and the crowds weren't bad at all.

If we do another during school trip it will be in October for sure. We were there for the Intercot meet, around Columbus day and our Thanksgiving.

BiloxiMom
07-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks everyone! It looks like we might try Oct. again. Now, what week is the PERFECT (aka, non crowded) week? And we've never done the Food and Wine Fest. What fun!!:party:

Kisobel
07-24-2008, 03:56 AM
both, see my signature below :D

kate