PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused.

AlyceMarie03
07-20-2008, 02:28 AM
I'm sorry if I'm totally lost but, Can someone tell me if Advanced Dining Reservations & The Disney Dining Plan are two seperate things?! I'm no expert & I'm trying to understand but I'm still confused.
:confused:

You can Make ADR's without have a Dining Plan right?

TIA!:mickey:

KineGirl
07-20-2008, 02:32 AM
Yep ... the ADR is just a fancy name for regular reservations. You do not need to have the Dining plan to make reservations. You will still need to try to make them as soon as possible though as the restaurants are so much busier now with the DDP.

msc_idiot
07-20-2008, 04:10 AM
One thing I just found out is that there are a few restaurants (Cinderella's Royal Table, for one, and I think the Brown Derby is one too) that make you pay in advance for the reservation if you don't have the dining plan. If you do, you still have to give a credit card number, but it isn't charged unless you don't show up or cancel within 24 hours.

We ran into this problem because we are having to wait to put the dining plan on our trip (our trip is in January and since the package rates aren't set until the end of August, we can't book anything but the hotel room till then), so when I called to make a CRT ADR I was told they would charge my card now but refund the amount when I added the dining plan. So the dining plan DEFINATELY has its perks! My family refuses to go without it. (Spoiled.)

Heather

Faver
07-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi

DH and I are headed to WDW again, this December. We never use the dining plan, but I always use ADR's for at least one meal a day. It's nice to take a breather and have a nice sit down meal.

Actually, we have ADR's for Brown Derby this time, and we didn't have to pay for anything in advance. It's been my experience that you only pay for Dinner shows, Cinderella's Table, Candlelight Processional, Fantasmic Dinner Packages in advance.

Whether you do the Dining Plan or not, make sure to make your ADR's.... you may be kicking yourself if you don't.........:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-20-2008, 09:27 PM
With as crowded as the restaurants are definitely call 180 days prior to make your advanced dining ressies. If you are staying on property you can make the ressies from the 180 day mark for up to 10 days into your trip. You can do this even if you are not on the dining plan. And if you decide not to go to your ressie that day, unless it's a signature restaurant or show, there is no penalty to cancel. You can just call or go to Guest Services and they'll cancel the ressies for you. That frees up that spot for a walk up.

AlyceMarie03
07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the Tips everyone! I am not confused anymore, Hehe!:mickey: