PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase Favorite Spots

kaliepooh
07-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I love Epcot and the World Showcase. I'm not sure what my favorite country is yet. The country that blows me off my feet the most would be Mexico. I think this maybe because it was the first country that I visited in the World Showcase. When I walked in I just didn't expect the erupting volcano backdrop and the water fountain with that wonderful blue color.

So now I have a question, what is your favorite country and why? I believe I maybe missing some interesting things because I may not have explored WS enough. I'm actually looking for some pointers.

DisneyorBust
07-19-2008, 05:32 PM
My favorite World Showcase pavillion has to be Germany, I love the buildings and the background music. My favorite time to be there has to be at night, before Illuminations. It gives me a feeling of walking into a small town platz in Germany. (Don't know why I feel this way though, as I have never been to Germany!):D

Mousemates
07-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Mine is Norway for the following reasons

1. I'm one fourth norwegian (with a pair of great grandparents named Hans and Olga Ellingsen).

2. It has the best ride in the world showcase.

3. The viking ship outside is way cool.

4. When my DW comes out of the gift shop/perfumery she smells nice even in the heat of summer.

5. Sig and Edgar from "The Deadliest Catch" have appeared recently appear there.

Gator
07-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Gotta go with Norway. I can actually smell the combined perfume/cologne coming out of the gift shop when I'm in Mexico. Throw in a cool ride, a church/history museum, and a Princess Meal, and you've got a great pavillion. Not to shabby for the last country to be added.

ASweetLov
07-19-2008, 11:41 PM
I love both the mexico pavillion and the france pavillion they are my favorites but ws is absolutely awesome:thumbsup:

Crow
07-20-2008, 01:37 AM
my fav park is Epcot & WS
Japan- the CMs,sake, view of Illuminations,sushi,the store
Mexico-atmosphere,:marg:
Norway-Kringla bakery, Maelstrom
China-CMs,Lotus Blossom, the shop, tea kiosk, the movie
France-wine,Kir Royal, slushies,the movie
England.:beer: music

Bobby T
07-20-2008, 02:13 AM
Gotta go with Morocco. Morocco strikes me as a land of mystery, and with the secluded rooms and quiet corridors, the pavilion makes me feel I'm far away from Orlando, Florida.

disneygirlie11
07-20-2008, 08:06 AM
I Love Norway for the ride and the Helly Hansen stuff.
I LOVE Japan. The store is the best and Teppan Edo is my favorite restaurant of anywhere.
Also, Morocco b/c of how secluded it is back there.

TINKERBELL_82
07-20-2008, 08:20 AM
Gosh, this is a tough one!! I really do love them all, but these are my favorites:

Mexico- Ambiance , and of course :marg:

Norway- Ride, gift shop, bakery (the Norwegian Coffee is out of this world!!)

Japan- The gift shop is incredible here. I never leave without getting something from there. Plus, they have sushi at the CS!

Germany- I love everything about this one. I lived in Germany for 5 years, and I speak German, so I tend to make friends with the CM's when I go there. :mickey:

Italy- again, the gift shops are awesome. Lots of good perfume and wine (can yout tell I like to shop by now :spend:?!?)

France- the frozen drinks are awesome.

England- Atmosphere and fish & chips!!

VolMickey
07-20-2008, 08:24 AM
DW and I ate our way around WS when we went to EPCOT in 1997. Gotta say the restaurants!

#1donaldfan
07-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Our favorite "spot" is in the UK eating fish n chips at Yorkshire Fish Shoppe....sitting outside looking out over the water.....we just love that spot.....
....now for further likes, we really like the Mexico pav, the atmosphere in there is perfect, however the food has a bit more of improvements before we'd eat there again.....

castlelady36
07-20-2008, 09:46 AM
They are all fantastic for different reasons but my choice would be France. Love the shops, the little pastry shop, the movie and the restuarant!! We never miss a trip to the pastry shop when going to EPCOT. Wonderful!!!

dolphinmickey9170
07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I must say Mexico is our favorite. Inside and Outside. I really love sitting outside, eating some nachos, enjoying a breeze coming off the water. For the inside, I just love the atmosphere. It is wonderful.

EditReject
07-20-2008, 03:44 PM
I would have to say the UK because I love all things Great Britain, plus it also includes Northern Ireland, where my grandfather (may he r.i.p.) was from. :D

WDW24
07-20-2008, 05:33 PM
M favorite WS is the UK. I like Rose & Crown Pub! And i love walking around the shops! :mickey:

PittFan
07-20-2008, 08:29 PM
There is nothing like enjoying a :marg: from Mexico Pavillion and sitting on a bench by Canada to view Illuminations. :thumbsup:

bruin1344
07-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Norway & Mexico because of the rides, i enjoy rides more than shows, france, china & canada movies are too boring for me

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-21-2008, 02:41 PM
I love Japan, but that's also partially because I obsess over Japanese culture, food and entertainment.

Imagineer1981
07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Mexico for me...don't know why...I think its the themeing inside, so cool

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Do I have to pick just one?

I like the celtic jewelry in the UK
I like the trolls and ride in Norway
Chocolate from Italy
Pastries for France
Germany is just plain cool
Morocco is unique

EPCOTGAL1
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, this is interesting?? Unless I read the replies incorrectly...I'll guess I'll be the first to pick "The American Adventure". Listening to the Voices of Liberty before the show just puts me in a "wanna-be-one-of-them" trance. The show, itself....makes you proud! The Fife and Drum. Can't get enough funnel cake! That all being said... here are my (all tie for second place) pics:
Mexico (food, food, food and drinks!)
France (movie and food, food, food and drinks!)
Canada (Movie and Le' Cellier, yet food again and glow blue martinis)
Finally, UK (Taylor of London products) :)

But, if you can't tell by by name...I have a special place for ALL of EPCOT (Every Person Comes Out Tired..) including World Showcase ;)

DisneyBunch
07-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I like them all, but Mexico, with it's temple, has the best presentation.:number1:

disneymom2000
07-21-2008, 07:32 PM
My fav spot is the little garden in the back of the UK. I loved it especially during the Christmas season when they had Father Christmas set up. My second fav spot would be the movie in the France showcase.

jenny1976
07-21-2008, 07:57 PM
My favorite place in the WS has always been the German Pavillion, it is so authentic, also it is a great place to see the fireworks from...We'll be there real soon!!!:cloud9: 59 days to go...:party:

disneymajik
07-21-2008, 09:31 PM
My favorite spot is in front of the fountain in the Italy pavilion. A great photo spot and relaxing break.

AmandaChan
07-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Mexico definitely is my favorite and takes all the points for creativity. This was the last country I visited on my first trip and I was so blown away by the interior and its beauty. I also love the feeling of being on a street market on a warm summer night. :cloud9:

Darin M
07-21-2008, 10:27 PM
It had me at volcano.

Camping Mom
07-21-2008, 11:16 PM
My most favorite of all is the American Showcase. I love the look of Germany (my mom's side is German), but I love the colonial
look.