PDA

View Full Version : Bistro De Paris - ADR only 30 days out?

Tinkerbellfan
07-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Hello,

I just called Disney to see if a table later than 4:20 but earlier than 9:10 had opened up at Coral Reef - but, no luck. So, my second choice was switching out my Chef De France reservation for Bistro De Paris. But, I was told you can only book ADRs for Bistro De Paris 30 das out.

Is this true? It seems wierd to me that only one restaurant in all of Disney would have a 30 day rule.

Thanks!

Figment!
07-19-2008, 10:25 PM
You were told correctly.

From When to make Advanced Dining Reservations (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/reservations.asp)
EPCOT | Bistro de Paris | 30 days

TheRustyScupper
07-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Is this true? It seems wierd to me that only one restaurant in all of Disney would have a 30 day rule.

1) Actually, there are several restaurants not on the 180 schedule.
2) But, for Bistro, don't worry about it.
3) Getting ressies are usually quite easy.
4) It is typically not in demand by the majority of the guests
. . . it is more of an adult restaurant, with no kids menu
. . . it is not on DDP
. . . it is somewhat pricey
. . . it is a long meal, as opposed to a 45-60 minute meal

Tinkerbellfan
07-20-2008, 01:58 PM
1) Actually, there are several restaurants not on the 180 schedule.
2) But, for Bistro, don't worry about it.
3) Getting ressies are usually quite easy.
4) It is typically not in demand by the majority of the guests
. . . it is more of an adult restaurant, with no kids menu
. . . it is not on DDP
. . . it is somewhat pricey
. . . it is a long meal, as opposed to a 45-60 minute meal

Thanks so much for your reply. We are a part of 2 adults so it is sound like a perfect place for us to get away from the craziness of the park for an hour or two.

When you say it is a long meal, is it any longer than the typical meal at a Disney signature restaurant like California Grill or Artist Point.

big blue and hairy
07-20-2008, 02:55 PM
When you say it is a long meal, is it any longer than the typical meal at a Disney signature restaurant like California Grill or Artist Point. We didn't find it longer than California Grill. I must say though, after very much looking forward to Bistro, I wasn't impressed. I thought it was very overpriced for the quality of the food. DW and I prefered Le Chefs de France for French food. Now I will say one thing, I can not speak to the quality of the frog's legs. I didn't like them, but it is the only time I've tried them so, it might be my taste, but everything else, I've had better elsewhere.

:sulley:

TheRustyScupper
07-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. We are a part of 2 adults so it is sound like a perfect place for us to get away from the craziness of the park for an hour or two.

When you say it is a long meal, is it any longer than the typical meal at a Disney signature restaurant like California Grill or Artist Point.

1) We eat at only five TS restaurants at WDW, and only two are Disney owned.
2) Bistro is one of the five at which we eat.
3) In our opinion, food and service very French.
4) To many, this can be either a good or bad thing.
5) I also like the idea of few kids during dinner.
. . . I like kids
. . . I used to be one
. . . I even have them
. . . but, once in a while you need to be away from them
. . . that is a good thing about grandkids
. . . see them when you want, then not see them when you don't want :thumbsup:
6) I have yet to hear a complain from anyone to whom I recommended Bistro.

NOTE: As for the above posting, I do not like frogs legs, so I cannot make a statement for/against them. (Ever since Frog Legs were advertised on the billboard in The Muppet Movie, I have avoided frogs legs. I just can't subject those poor things to crutches. :) )

big blue and hairy
07-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Maybe we just hit them on bad nights, but DW and I were unimpressed by Bistro and if I remember correctly (50/50 chance there), another one your faves, Il Mulino. I don't mind spending money for great food and service, but they better be great. The service was great at Bistro, not the food, neither was great at Il Mulino.

:sulley:

LaurenNJ
07-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks for that assessment. I find it refreshing to hear from someone who has kids. I travel to Disney with my husband and another couple only during the F&W Festival because I find there are more adult oriented activities such as Wine Tasting's and Special Evening Dining Events. This is NOT because we dislike children which seems to be the assumption everyone likes to rush too. My husband and I desperately want children but it has been a hard, sad road trying to start our family. Sometimes after being surrounded by all the blessed couples with kids we want an adult only reprieve. We are also going to try to make an ADR for Bistro de Paris in September. I'm glad to hear that it is an easier ADR. After my ongoing frustration with trying to make a reservation for the Chef's Table at V&A's (I am on wait lists for several days in varying positions) I need something easy :-).

1) 5) I also like the idea of few kids during dinner.
. . . I like kids
. . . I used to be one
. . . I even have them
. . . but, once in a while you need to be away from them
. . . that is a good thing about grandkids
. . . see them when you want, then not see them when you don't want :thumbsup:
6)[/I]

TheRustyScupper
07-21-2008, 09:42 AM
. . . if I remember correctly (50/50 chance there), another one your faves, Il Mulino . . .

1) We have majority stakes in two restaurants.
2) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent service
. . . innovative dishes with flair
. . . overall great value
3) I recommend
. . . Bistro de Paris (Epcot, France, upstairs)
. . . Victoria & Albert's (Grand Floridian Resort)
. . . Citrico's (Grand Floridian Resort)
. . . Todd English Blue Zoo (Dolphin Resort)
. . . Shula's Steakhouse (Dolphin Resort)

anneb
07-21-2008, 01:19 PM
The Bistro de Paris is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. I've never had trouble getting a reservation there, and have never seen the restaurant full. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the food is usually very good. I've had some meals that were so good they were worth flying to Florida for, and a few in which one or more dishes were fairly ordinary, but most of my meals there have been wonderful. (Their chocolate trio dessert - hopefully still on the menu - is absolutely wonderful - the molten chocolate cake is the best I've ever had. And since that is my favorite dessert, I've had quite a few.)
The atmosphere is so much quieter, calmer, and more elegant than the Chefs de France, and the food is more inventive, too. I haven't found the meal time to be longer than at other fine dining restaurants.
I would stick to your plan to substitute the Bistro for Chefs - just wait until your 30 day window to make that change. You should have no problem at all.

andreallybadeggs
07-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm a bit jealous...we've usually been on a very tight/off property budget or gotten a great deal on DDP so have not yet tried the Bistro-- one day!
We did eat at Chefs de France very recently and had a lovely waitress. (Wish my Dad had been with me because I need to remind him from time to time that God loves the French, too ;) )
Anyway-- we enjoyed our meal and the great service and she told us we really should give the Bistro a try some day. So-- enjoy for me!
Glad Il Mulino was not on Rusty's list because I have to agree with Big Blue-- that was our big splurge on a tight budget and was not worth it at all in my opinion. We much preferred the former Italian restaurant... Palio, I believe was the name.

Tinkerbellfan
07-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Hello,

Thanks so much for all of your feedback. I am really excited to try Bistro de Paris now. And, I have marked in my calendar 30 days.

I think I am more excited about dining then the rides for our upcoming trip. In addition to Bistro de Paris, we are trying Victoria & Alberts, California Grill, Flying Fish, Jikos and Artist Point. Looks like I will be gaining the holiday weight early this year!