PDA

View Full Version : Making 25th Anniversary special

disneylinda
07-18-2008, 10:02 PM
:magic: DH and I will be in Disney Aug 30 - Sept 3 celebrating out 25th Anniv :yay: We are staying at Port Orleans (our 5th time there). We really love the Alligator Bayou section and want to ensure we stay in that section again-even have a fav building :yes: We were wondering, what would be the best way to make our requests-by
phone a couple days before or by fax?:help:

disneylinda
07-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Doesn't anyone want to offer advice for this question? :confused:

TammiMcMan
07-20-2008, 01:05 AM
The best way to make your request is having it added to your reservation. This is the only place where it's guaranteed to be seen by the resort.

Due to the sheer volume of faxes now received, there's a very good chance that it will go straight to the barrel. Disney uses a call answering service, so even dialing the public number for the resort, won't guarantee you'll be talking to anyone in the state of Florida. It's just as likely that your call will be taken by someone in Utah and all they can do is pull up your reservation and verify that you previously noted your request.

I guess it doesn't hurt to fax or phone as a followup, but I would be sure that any information you want them to see, is put directly on your reservation now.

disneylinda
07-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. When I made the ressies I did specify a specific section / building, but it doesn't show up on the email confirmation. Should I call them and ask that the request be added to ressie confirmation form:thanks:

garymacd
07-20-2008, 10:56 AM
No advice on how to secure the room you want, but lots of advice on how to have a great time celebrating your 25th anniversary.

On second thought, after 25 years, you shouldn't really need advice!:blush:

Hope you have a great time. We certainly did on our 25th, actually at French Quarter. If you can swing it, try to have a great meal on your anniversary night. Some place like Victoria and Albert's. And don't forget to get your Anniversary pins!

andmomlau
07-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Congratulations!:thumbsup: We celebrated our 25th last year and spent a week at the BC and we had a blast. Very different from all of the trips we made with the kids, who are now 22 and 20, but we loved it and are going back in August! We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at LeCellier in Epcot and we also had a wonderful breakfast at O'Hana in the Polynesian. They gave us a certificate for our anniversary, took pix, etc. Congratulations and enjoy!

tyeepup
07-20-2008, 05:28 PM
We were just there for our 27th anniversary. It had been noted on our reservation, and when we arrived at BC, they had special buttons for us to wear. Many cast members (and even some guests) wished us happy anniversary, and we planned a special dinner at Bistro de Paris. The best story was how my dw was picked for the street performance in EPCOT, in England (she's very shy about such things). They asked her how many years she had been married. She replied "more than 10 and less than 50." My recommendation would be to make a reservation for a special meal and just enjoy the Disney magic as it appears.