PDA

View Full Version : BethanyMouse's Let's plan this disney wedding and vacation pre-trip report!

Bethanymouse
07-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Hello my fellow intercotees!!! I cant believe it is time for my pre-trip report already! Just to give you a brief background, my fiance Anthony and I are planning our disney world wedding for July 31, 2009. I started a wedding thread in the Mousellanous (sp?) thread for those of you interested in reading along. This trip to disney we will start the planning process, meet some vendors, and of course enjoy disney!
Characters:
BethanyMouse- me, 26 years old, school psychologist and full time docotral student. Dreamed of the Magic Kingdom during statistics class this year, ready for a vacation!

Anthony- Disney Fiance, 28 years old, celebrating his master's degree and a break from work and school! Excited to ride Toy Story Mania and Mission Space!

We are on the disney dining plan and will be eating at our favorites and trying some new resturants along the way! I ordered some garden grocer items, breakfast food, water, etc. to keep in our room. We did this last year and it was great!

The Plan:
August 4:
Depart Newark at 7:10 and arrive in Orlando around 10:00. Catch the monorail to the Magical Express counter....ahhhh we are in Orlando!!!! Check in at the POP century. After check in, head over to the Polynesian for a lunch at Kona Cafe! We are then going to venture over to the Magic Kingdom! I cant wait to see the castle!:cloud9: Dinner will be a counter service, probably cosmic rays since it is Anthony's favorite.

August 5:
Garden Grocer quick breakfast and off to an early opening at the Magic Kingdom. Lunch will be a counter service and dinner will be in Epcot at the Coral Reef. I ate here many years ago with my family but it is a first for Anthony and I. I hope it is good! We will then stay for EMH in Epcot.

August 6:
Kona Cafe breakfast at 10:00 the probably heading over to either Epcot or Magic Kingdom. Dinner is at Spoodles and then late night at MGM. It is our first time at Spoodles, we are hoping for a good meal!

August 7:
Grabbing a quick breakfast and then over to MK early opening if we are not too tired. We are then meeting with Randy Chapman, a wedding photographer around 10:00 at the GF. We are planning on trying The Wave at the Contemporary for Lunch and then a 2:00 meeting with our wedding coordinator. Time to tour the GF ballrooms! Dinner will be at Le Cellier and we will stay late in Epcot!

August 8:
We are going to head to MGM for an early opening and grab a counter service lunch. Dinner is at Ohana's and then MK is open late.

August 9:
AK opens early but not sure if we will make it there. We are open on this day to decide where we want to visit again. Dinner is at Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DTD at 4 and then off to another park afterwards.

August 10:
Epcot for early opening. Dinner is at the California Grill and the MK is open late!

August 11:
We will probably head over to MGM early. We have an appointment with the wedding things this day as well but hope to make it over to Epcot for the mini intercot meet for a :marg:! I really hope we get to do this! Thanks for the invite Dolphinmicky! Our dinner that night will be at the Yak and Yeti in AK at 4. AK is open late that night so we will probably stay there.

August 12:
MK opens early and then a counter service for lunch. Out dinner is at Teppan Edo and then we will stay late at Epcot, hopefully catching Illuminations.

August 13:
Our last day:(. We will head over to MK and eat dinner at Kona Cafe. Watch wishes and leave MK sadly! We may head over to MGM for late night, depending on the time.

August 14:
Check out of POP
Head to DTD to try earl of sandwich (as per intercot recommendations) and then depart Orlando at 5.

Sorry this was so long! We have a lot planned. We dont always stick to this but like to have it set up just in case. Many afternoons we go back to the hotel and rest and swim. Cant wait to go! Thanks for reading!:mickey::cloud9::mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey Beth, if you aren't able to make it on the 11th, we will also be at Epcot EMH on the 12th like you...so we can make our meet then, if you would like. I would love to hear more about your wedding plans, I have been reading and commenting now and then on your wedding thread!!

Have a great vacation!:mickey:

Lizzie
07-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Sounds fun. And happy planning.

RocknBev
07-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Wow....time seems to be flying uh? I can't wait to hear how things go with your wedding coordinator! I hope all of your dreams come true!:cloud9: Of course you will be at WDW so it can't be half bad! Have a great time and I look forward to reading about your trip while I return back to school! :ack:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Have a great trip, and enjoy planning your wedding! :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-18-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your meetings with vendors, etc. Are you doing the cake tasting this time as well?

Have a magical trip!

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Hello!
I've been reading and posting on your WDW thread!! What fun!
Our arrival date is on the 13th of August and we will be at Ohanas for dinner! I'll look for you, since I've seen your pic on your thread!!

Bethanymouse
07-18-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your meetings with vendors, etc. Are you doing the cake tasting this time as well?

Have a magical trip!
We are very excited too! The cake tasting and food tasting will be completed in April or sometime in the Spring.

Hello!
I've been reading and posting on your WDW thread!! What fun!
Our arrival date is on the 13th of August and we will be at Ohanas for dinner! I'll look for you, since I've seen your pic on your thread!!
Definitely look for us! What time are you eating there?

Wow....time seems to be flying uh? I can't wait to hear how things go with your wedding coordinator! I hope all of your dreams come true!:cloud9: Of course you will be at WDW so it can't be half bad! Have a great time and I look forward to reading about your trip while I return back to school! :ack:
Sorry to hear you are heading back to school.....I feel like we just got out!

Hey Beth, if you aren't able to make it on the 11th, we will also be at Epcot EMH on the 12th like you...so we can make our meet then, if you would like. I would love to hear more about your wedding plans, I have been reading and commenting now and then on your wedding thread!!

Have a great vacation!:mickey:

Thanks, I will keep that in mind!

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Hi Bethany!
We're eating at 5:30! What about you?

Bethanymouse
07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
We will be at Kona that night at 5:00!

#1disneyfan
07-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Have a great trip, we will be there 12-17th. Have fun planning your dream wedding!

BriarRose0708
07-19-2008, 03:24 AM
have a wonderful trip and happy wedding planning!

tinkerbell04
07-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I can't wait to hear all about it! Have a great trip and a great time planning that wedding :)

mouseketeer mom
07-19-2008, 08:22 PM
I'll look for you!! We will probably be all hot and sweaty in our traveling clothes, so don't look too closely at us! I doubt we'll have our magical express luggage arrival before our ADR time! It will be me, my DH, and 3 kids having dinner at Ohanas. My kids are all curly headed and my girls altho 14 and 12 look like twins, they are the exact same size. I'm blonde, and my DH dark and curly. My kids are easy to spot with their curly hair. I bet we find each other to say hi!

Bethanymouse
07-19-2008, 11:03 PM
I'll look for you!! We will probably be all hot and sweaty in our traveling clothes, so don't look too closely at us! I doubt we'll have our magical express luggage arrival before our ADR time! It will be me, my DH, and 3 kids having dinner at Ohanas. My kids are all curly headed and my girls altho 14 and 12 look like twins, they are the exact same size. I'm blonde, and my DH dark and curly. My kids are easy to spot with their curly hair. I bet we find each other to say hi!
I hope so! Just dont look at us too crazy if you see some disney fanatics waving at you!

Bethanymouse
07-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks for your well wishes everyone! Our magical express tags came today! So very exciting, I knew my intercot friends would understand! I think I scared the mailman with my excitement.

dolphinmickey9170
07-20-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm glad your tags came, we are still waiting for ours!!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
07-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Have a magical trip and have fun planning your wedding. I've been reading about it.

faline
07-20-2008, 04:28 PM
What a fun-dual purpose trip! Plus, at the end, you'll have so much more to look forward to!

Kairi_7378
07-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Bethany, I'm glad that you're going on another WDW vacation... I loved reading last years' trip reports. They put me in the mood for our October trip last year. You guys always sound like you have so much fun when you're in WDW. Do you think Anthony will break his record from last year for going to the Laugh Floor Comedy Club? (If I remember correctly he was there 7 or 8 times last year.)

Does this mean that your semester is over? I hope that you have a great time and I can't wait to hear about your wedding planning when you get back.

princessgirls
07-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Sounds fabulous!!

Enjoy all of your wedding planning too.

Julie:mickey:

Bethanymouse
07-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Bethany, I'm glad that you're going on another WDW vacation... I loved reading last years' trip reports. They put me in the mood for our October trip last year. You guys always sound like you have so much fun when you're in WDW. Do you think Anthony will break his record from last year for going to the Laugh Floor Comedy Club? (If I remember correctly he was there 7 or 8 times last year.)

Does this mean that your semester is over? I hope that you have a great time and I can't wait to hear about your wedding planning when you get back.

Ha Ha Ha Ha! I cant believe you remember that! He does love that attraction. I have a feeling we will end up seeing it another 5 or 6 times!

My semester is over for the summer. I am enjoying relaxing and doing nothing. In fact, today was my surprise bridal shower! What fun! I am going to write more about it in the wedding posts. Thanks so much for your well wishes!

DizNee143
07-21-2008, 09:56 AM
sounds great..hope you have a great vacation and have fun doing planning for your wedding..cant wait to read about how everything goes! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
08-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks for all of your well wishes. I cant believe we take off in 9 hours. Our flight leaves at 7, but we are leaving for the airport at 3:30 am!!! Thats only a couple of hours away! I better get to bed! Thanks for all of your help planning and counting down with us! Talk to you real soon!:cloud9:

wdwgrl377
08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh wow! I am so excited for you!!! You always have the best trip reports and I can't wait to read all about it! Thanks for sharing with us!! :mickey:

yjgirl32
08-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Sounds like you have a very full schedule. Have a great time with planning your wedding. I'm sure it will be magical!

As far as your reservations, I have eaten at the Coral Reef and loved it. Oh and I 'm not crazy about seafood. I believe I had their chicken, porkchops, steak not sure but I liked it. The view is so relaxing that I could have eaten liver and liked it- ok maybe that's going a bit far- but I really like this restaraunt.

Have a very magical trip!

ChipnDaleGal
08-06-2008, 09:19 AM
While every trip to WDW is special, this trip will be especially so! I can only imagine how exciting and fun it will be to actually start the ball rolling with your wedding planners right there in the World! I hope you both enjoy every minute of the planning and of your great trip together. :thumbsup: