PDA

View Full Version : What gets you in the Disney spirit at your Resort?

disneycutie165
07-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Whenever we go we always stay at the WL, and the thing that gives me the chills and what makes me sooo excited is this one thing: THE OLD DISNEY CARTOONS! Every night we are there we watch the cartoons before we go to bed. It's like our Disney tradition. What makes you have chills?

:minnie::mickey3::minnie::mickey3:BEEN THERE,
DONE THAT,
DEFINATLEY GOIN' BACK!!!!:minnie::mickey3::minnie::mickey3:

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2008, 02:56 PM
The Hawaiian music at the Poly!

disney99
07-18-2008, 03:13 PM
we always go at Christmas time, so the 50' tall Christmas tree in the lobby does it for me..

The tree may not actually be 50' tall, but it sure does feel like it is.

dixiepixie
07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
The smell of the Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Eating breakfast out on the Boardwalk and having the place to ourselves.

Tinkerbellfan
07-18-2008, 07:17 PM
First, I start getting really excited as we pass under the "Welcome to Disney World" sign.

Then, after we pass through the gates to get to the MK resorts/parking area, I get even more excited.

And then, when the security guard at the WL says "Welcome Home", my excitement even builds.

But, I get the most excited when the doors slide open into the Wilderness Lodge lobby. I love the mix sounds of the babbling brook and the WL music.

I can't wait - only a few more months!

SBETigg
07-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Walking in to the GF over the red pavers out front, to see the old-fashioned cars and the uniforms, the greeter, and then to go through the doors, see the lobby, and feel like I've come home. It's an amazing Disney feeling.

Friend of Figment
07-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Watching fireworks from my room in the Contemprary - how many hotels include nightly fireworks? Only 2 weeks to go!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-18-2008, 08:59 PM
The sign, the driveway, the door....:mickey:

Lizzie
07-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh I am there once we get off the plane. You can feel the difference in the climate when you land and I get so excited.

KAT1811
07-18-2008, 09:50 PM
It is just as simple as walking in the door knowing that we have 12 days of WDW magic ahead of us!!!!

Faver
07-18-2008, 09:52 PM
I get chills the day before we leave! I get like those to kids in the WDW commercial "but I'm too excited to sleep":mickey:

I feel just like I did when I first started going to WDW, thirty years ago!!! When I was just a little girl:cloud9:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Taking my first "ride" on the Monorail at the airport, then smelling the FL air. Nothing smells the same!
Then getting to the resort and being enveloped in the Disney Magic.

Young@Heart
07-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Wow, just EVERYTHING!!! I love walking through the doors at POP and seeing the sparkly floor. :cloud9:

DisneyLuvRSince76
07-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Just the smell of the Polynesian does it for me... :tikki:

Kairi_7378
07-19-2008, 09:01 AM
The friendly cast member at check in.

AdventurerKim
07-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Passing through the gates to WDW property definitely gets me in the mood! Then it's the Disney music that gets me into the Disney mood when we get to the hotel. Even at POP listening to the oldies has that Disney feeling. :cloud9:

VolMickey
07-19-2008, 10:02 AM
The smell of the Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Ditto! Also, the monorail spiel "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor..." Spending hours on ICOT helps as well!

#1disneyfan
07-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Pretty much walking through the door and checking in at whatever resort we have chosen does it for me!

As far as the rest of the World, I get excited when I arrive at MCO, get on the bus, drive under the Sign, see the monorail, and are welcomed home at the door of our favorite resort. Pretty much everything in DIsney gives me the chills!

Crow
07-19-2008, 12:18 PM
depends on the resort
WL def the lobby, music etc
Pop is the icons & the decades of items on the wall of the lobby
AKL lobby
on & on

disneydeb
07-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Registering...
getting my room key...
unpacking...
talking to the CM's ...
getting my resort mug....

AAAAHHHHHHRRRRGGGG!

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER!!!!!:muscles:

E-OR
07-19-2008, 01:08 PM
For our family it is the moment we drive under the Walt Disney World sign.

Lizzie I know what you mean about getting off the airplane and feeling the difference in climate. Being from Washington too we comment on that every time. Only a couple months to go...:mickey:

dtootsie42
07-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Heck, just getting on the plane in Seattle gets me in the Disney mode. I know I have a week, sometimes a little longer, of warm, sunny weather at my favorite place to vacation. The second thing is walking into the Poly and hearing the music.

azdisneymom
07-19-2008, 02:36 PM
The magic begins for me when I see that thatched roof as I drve up to AKL. I am hooked from that point on, the smell, the sounds, the cms...I can't wait to go back!

EpcotFan182
07-19-2008, 03:36 PM
the music at the Boardwalk! :D

elmjimmlm
07-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Taking the exit to POR and turning in and just looking at the building does it for me every time...:cloud9:

SFTrny
07-19-2008, 08:28 PM
1) Driving through the gates as we come onto the property.
2) The front sign and entry to FW
3) Old cartoons playing in the lobby as we check in.
4) Parking the car at the cabins, knowing that we are home.
5) Unpacking groceries and luggage for the stay.
6) Drinks and snacks as we cook dinner the first night in the cabin.
7) Driving anywhere in the golf cart.

BethieTink
07-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Saying hello to Art the Greeter at the Beach Club and having him welcome us home. Then passing the Ariel statue outside the entrance to Beach Club Villas and saying hello to her. We have a tradition that we say good morning and good night to her everytime. Goofy, I know, but it's a thing with us now.

#1donaldfan
07-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Turning into and seeing the sign for Port Orleans Riverside......it's a "finally home" feeling......plus when they tell you "welcome home" sure helps too.....:mickey:

VolMickey
07-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for keeping this thread going. Great stuff!

GoldenDreams
07-20-2008, 07:07 PM
No matter which hotel I stay at, it is walking into the Lobby that really puts me in that Disney mood. My favorite thing about Disney World is the theming ---- the scrollwork, the tiles, the fountains, the benches... everything about each lobby says, You're HERE! I love being immersed in all of that.

Sometime during our stay, we try to hit several hotels and each one gives me that Ahhhh feeling. That feeling of, "Now I remember" and "Remember the first time you saw this?"

bkfree
07-20-2008, 10:56 PM
I think the cresendo starts long before we get there.

1) Sending my first email to the TA and setting up our package.:secret:
2) Making that last payment on the package:party:
3) Making my ADR's sends the first real chill up my spine:thumbsup:
4) Doing that final weather check before I start the packing:cool:
5) When that plane takes off and my son says, Next Stop Disney World:plane:
6) Getting onboard the Magical Express, it the first revving up of my heartbeat:bus:
7) Opening the door of our resort room is like a breath of pixie dust:welcome:
8) Stepping out on Main Street for the first time is Exhaling:cloud9:

AlyceMarie03
07-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Our First Actual Vacation at Disney was Last year & we stayed at CBR. We had not had any experience staying at any Disney Resort but when we walked into the Resort Lobby & I heard the "Caribbean Themed Music" playing, I got so excited!:D

Everyday that we are there we enjoyed it!When we would wake up to start the day, we walked out of our room & heard the Music & we always smiled.:D

I can't wait to go back!:mickey:

Aggie97
07-21-2008, 02:04 AM
Hearing the background music, both at the resort and the parks.

It's funny how after a WDW vacation, our house always seems so quiet for a few days, without themed music playing everywhere. :mickey:

RAIDER
07-21-2008, 04:02 AM
Checking into the wdw resort
Driving up to the first theme park and seeing all the wdw signs for all the various parks :mickey::thumbsup:

disneymom2000
07-21-2008, 08:14 AM
The sign, the driveway, the door....:mickey:

And the greeters. They always are smiling and so helpful. What a wonderful way to start a vacation.:cloud9:

bruin1344
07-21-2008, 01:19 PM
the theming of the resort plus the friendly cast members who dress the part like sailors at beach club

kemps@wdw
07-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Just reading all these posts and knowing I'll be there AGAIN next year gives me the chills!:high5: That being said, driving thru the gate @ WL and up the drive, where that majestic logde rises up to greet us. Then as we exit our vehicle (that has been our home for the last 14 hours), and approach the resort, the front doors slowly slide open, as if to say. "Welcome Home...we've been waiting for you"! And at that moment, the sounds and smells of the "Pacific Northwest" come out to greet us and draws us into it's sweet embrace, and we know we're where we should be! Boy, wasn't that a poetic analogy? Actually we LOVE the cartoons as well. We usually have our tv on that channel only. Have tried several times to find out if WDW actually sells dvds of the old cartoons on that channel. Let me know, anyone out there !

ParkMan
07-23-2008, 12:06 AM
For me it's checking in - you start talking to cast members, buying tickets, getting folders with Disney written on it, etc...

Of course, I really just start getting really excited when I take the tram at the airport from my gate to the main terminal. Just hearing the WDW monorail announcer's voice on those trams makes me realize that we are really there!

SFTrny
07-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Just reading all these posts and knowing I'll be there AGAIN next year gives me the chills!:high5: That being said, driving thru the gate @ WL and up the drive, where that majestic logde rises up to greet us. Then as we exit our vehicle (that has been our home for the last 14 hours), and approach the resort, the front doors slowly slide open, as if to say. "Welcome Home...we've been waiting for you"! And at that moment, the sounds and smells of the "Pacific Northwest" come out to greet us and draws us into it's sweet embrace, and we know we're where we should be! Boy, wasn't that a poetic analogy? Actually we LOVE the cartoons as well. We usually have our tv on that channel only. Have tried several times to find out if WDW actually sells dvds of the old cartoons on that channel. Let me know, anyone out there !

Search on YouTube. Then check out keepvid dot com.

BritCody
07-23-2008, 07:09 AM
For me it is just setting foot in the front door of whatever resort we are staying at.

wonderalice23
07-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Arriving at the airport and being greeted by the towncar driver we request every time!
Also...knowing that for the next week or so my boyfriend or I can simply walk to the food court to get a morning drink....so hard to get used to when we return home!

Mousemates
07-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Lobby music and cartoons set the stage for me.

PittFan
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Just getting there and seeing the signs puts me in the spirit !!! :mickey: :party:

GhostHost999
07-23-2008, 11:13 PM
ok, I gotta show some love for The Contemporary...the best moment for me is standing at the station and seeing the monorail pull in for the first time...nothing beats that for me. :mickey: