PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party with Aurora???

stitch34
07-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I am trying to decide about letting my daughter do the tea party with aurora on our next trip for something special for her and new to do, but am wondering if it can really be worth the price because it's on the pricey side...any details on what you all do or stories from the tea party would help me deciding what this all includes...thanks:mickey:

Giselle
07-18-2008, 05:22 PM
The reason it is so expensive is because your daughter will get a doll dressed like Aurora and a scrap book page. I didn't think it was worth the price. The food was bad and most of the time is filled with singing by Rose Petal, Aurora only showed up to say hi for a couple of minutes. But it was a different experience because it was a tea party and the atmosphere at GF is nice,

Young@Heart
07-19-2008, 02:11 AM
We really loved this and I'm so happy I made it a part of my DD's first trip to WDW. :cloud9:

We actually went the day before my DD's 3rd b/day, but she still got the Aurora doll instead of Mickey's bear (per my request). She had a name card w/ "Princess Reiley" on it, and she got a special certificate and scrapbook set (you have to go to the GF giftshop after the party for those). She also got a charm bracelet and a rose. She loved all her gifts, and still plays w/ her doll 2 years later.

She also loved having her own teapot and pouring her own "tea" (apple juice). She didn't eat much of the food, but she isn't a big eater. She did eat some cheese, some grapes, and maybe a bite of the pbj. She loved the cake, though (I thought this was delicious!).

Rose Petal did sing a lot, and tell stories, but for our party, Aurora was there for most of it. She came to each table to visit each child. She also had the children line up and dance around the room with her. My DD was the first in line, and got to hold hands w/ Aurora. In fact, Aurora came over and picked up my shy DD and carried her over to the line. The pictures I have of her holding Aurora's hand and smiling and dancing are priceless.

When we were in the elevator on the way to the party, some guests of the GF looked over and saw the girls lined up for the party and starting making jokes and putting the party down. They said the parents would have made a better choice spending their money to stay at GF than pay for their daughters to go to overpriced tea parties. :mad: Well, I don't care what the price was. It was more than worth it to me! My kids have absolutely no interest in staying at GF, but my DD had more fun at her tea party w/ Aurora than she did at the birthday party I paid more for. :mickey: