PDA

View Full Version : Eating @ The Evening Extra Magic Hours

Disney_Barbie
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't know if I just overlooked the information on info central, but I was trying to find out what eateries are open during the evening extra magic hrs (I know it will be mostly quick serivce locations) I just wanted to review it to have an idea. We always end up starving by like 1am. Can anyone help?

I'm thinking (since info central has everything and I couldn't find it there) that many there is no hard-fast list of places def open. If that's the case, if you could post any places that you've noticed open that would be great. (just so if we get hungry, we have an idea of what might be open).

I know we've been into Pecos Bill's (in MK) and Catalina Eddie's (in DHS) and I think Electric Umbrella (in Epcot) but I'm not 100% sure on Electric Umbrella, it might not have officially been extra magic hrs yet, we might have just been there when it was late in the regular park hrs, maybe someone can come along & verify Electric Umbrella for me, and give me some ideas of what else they've noticed open late in the evening. Thanks!
PS - any open world showcase places would be GREAT!

hokies4life
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
I also didn't see it on Info Central, but I do know there are places open though they might not be open the entire time.

Here is what I found after some researching:
MK: Casey's, Cosmic Ray's, and Pecos Bill's
Epcot: Pretty much all counter service locations
DHS: Catalina Eddies, Rosie's, 50's, and Sci Fi
AK: Flame Tree, Pizzafari, Rainforest Cafe, Restrauntasaurus

Hope it helps...
:chipdale:

TINKERBELL_82
07-18-2008, 12:39 PM
For our trip in August I made an 8:30pm ressie at San Angel- I normally would not make one that late for fear of being rushed out, but Epcot has EMH that evening so I'm hoping we'll be in good shape! :mickey:

barnaby
07-18-2008, 12:48 PM
I think Electric Umbrella (in Epcot) but I'm not 100% sure on Electric Umbrella, it might not have officially been extra magic hrs yet, we might have just been there when it was late in the regular park hrs, maybe someone can come along & verify Electric Umbrella for me,

When I was there in March, the Electric Umbrella was open for evening EMH. We ate there at about 11PM one night.

I think I still have the inserts from the park maps that list everything open for EMHs. I will take a look tonite.

Jasper
07-18-2008, 01:08 PM
For our trip in August I made an 8:30pm ressie at San Angel- I normally would not make one that late for fear of being rushed out, but Epcot has EMH that evening so I'm hoping we'll be in good shape! :mickey:

I wouldn't be worried about being rushed out. The staff at these restaurants are used to this sort of thing as are the rest of the CM at the parks. Of course, if it were not an EMH night there would not be anything for you to see on your way out which kind of a weird experience.

We had this happen one time at the Magic Kingdom when we had a late reservation and the restaurant was packed so we didn't get seated for almost 45 minutes past our scheduled time. By the time we finished the rest of the Magic Kingdom was dark and the night shift folks were starting to appear to clean the streets and empty the trash and all that sort of thing. It really seemed strange to see the Magic Kingdom from that perspective. I can only imagine what it is like to work overnight at a park like that on a regular basis.

dolphinmickey9170
07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Here is the info you requested.....I hope it helps!!

Attractions open during EVENING Extra Magic Hours

Magic Kingdom:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Haunted Mansion
"It's a small world"
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Stitch's Great Escape
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Dining Locations

ˇ Casey's Corner
ˇ Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
ˇ Pecos Bill Cafe
Epcot:

American Adventure
Gran Fiesta Tour
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Maelstrom
Mission: SPACE
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Kidcot Fun Stops until 11 p.m.
Dining Locations
ˇ Bistro de Paris
ˇ Boulangerie Patisserie (France)
ˇ Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)
ˇ Chefs de France (France)
ˇ Electric Umbrella (Future World)
ˇ Harry Ramsden (United Kingdom)
ˇ Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (Norway)
ˇ Lotus Blossom Café (China)
ˇ Outpost
ˇ Refreshment Port
ˇ Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
ˇ San Angel Inn (Mexico)
ˇ Sommerfest (Germany)
ˇ Sunshine Seasons (The Land)
ˇ Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)
ˇ Yakitori House

Disney's Hollywood Studios:

The Great Movie Ride
Muppet*Vision 3D
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Dining Locations
ˇ Catalina Eddie's
ˇ 50's Prime Time Cafe
ˇ Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
ˇ Rosie's All-American Cafe

Animal Kingdom:

Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
It's Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids (Seasonal)
Kilimanjaro Safaris (closes early)
Primeval Whirl
TriceraTop Spin
The Boneyard
Dining Locations
ˇ Flame Tree Barbecue - Closes at 8 p.m.
ˇ Pizzafari - Closes at 8 p.m.
ˇ Rainforest Cafe
ˇ Restaurantosaurus

As of June 30, 2008

jcmgwdw
07-18-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't know if this helps, but when MK has a LATE EMH (open til 2am) most places close at midnight. The place that is open the latest is Cosmic Ray's. We usually go there at 12:30 and hang there til 1. They stop serving at 1am though-- but the restaurant remains open for seating.

-Ryan

starrmomof2
07-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks dolphinmickey9170. This is info I have wondered about as well; particularly Flame Tree BBQ