PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding Dec 6-13 or 13-20

bcornette
07-18-2008, 10:47 AM
It's been over a year since our last visit. Mainly because my wife just had our 3rd child. We actually discovered she was pregnant on our last trip.
I am planning a surprise trip to the world before Christmas. I have never been during Christmas, we are normally MNSSHP time people.
Which date range will be good weather and light crowds since we will have a 7 month old.

I will be making all arrangements and packing everything secretively. I am not telling them where we are going until we cross the Florida border. I'll do an all night drive while they sleep so keep them unsure. I may even drive an hour or so out of the way while they are awake, if they see me going south on I-75 they may figure it out.

DDuck66
07-18-2008, 11:08 AM
What a great Christmas Surprise!! I would suggest that you go during the earlier time fram. You get all of the benefits of Christmas without all of the crowds. I went 2 years ago on December 2- to the 26th and it was insane. I also went last year on December 17th and it was even worse. I have been told that the first week in December is not as bad. I will find out this year as we are going over for the weekend of December 6th. Just make sure that you have your ADR's and a good game plane and you should be fine. We had real good luck with the morning EMH. We did all of the attractions andrides before the parks got too full. Have Fun!!

EmmMOM2
07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
I agree with the 6th thru 13th!!!

Have fun!

IloveDisney71
07-18-2008, 11:12 AM
I would go during the earlier time frame since it seems like you have that option. I was there last year from the 15 - 19th and it started to really pick up on the 18th and 19th. It wasn't much worse than summer crowds but I imagine from everything I've ever read that the closer you get to Christmas, the crazier it will be.
Have fun!!!

Eeyore's Pal
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
I would also vote for the earlier week. I have gone a couple of times the first of December and it is wonderful.

Donald
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Your Dec 6-13th choice will be great! We went Dec. 2007 and had a wonderful time. 80' weather and minimal wait times. (10-15 min. stand-by on Everest!)

Have a great vacation!!:mickey:

BronxTigger
07-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Go the earlier week. I won't say it will be empty, but it will be less crowded than the second of your two weeks for sure.

Also, look at the seasons for the prices. "Value" season ends sometime (12/18) during your second week and changes into "Holiday" season...which is almost double the price!

disneymom15
07-18-2008, 11:57 AM
We went last year Dec 11-15. Crowds were not bad, value rates on room and weather was upper 80's.

bcornette
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the responses, since everyone says the earlier week I now have another question.

Should I try to go even earlier then?
I could probably make that happen as well if it makes more sense. The week of 11/29 - 12/6.
I would have to move a few things around at work but if it makes sense I can make it happen.

bkfree
07-18-2008, 01:51 PM
We are going the week of Dec.3-10th and I think the crowds will pretty managable then.
This is our first Christmas trip. Last trip we went the week of Jan .12-18th and the crowds were very low and weather was great, in the
80's, so we are hoping for something similiar.
We are staying at AKL, which will be our first visit there.

bcornette
07-20-2008, 08:07 PM
I was able to move some things around at work and went ahead and booked for 11/29 - 12/7. When I got home I realized that is the weekend after Thanksgiving. I hope all the Holiday crowd is gone on Sunday since I did not pay attention Thanksgiving.
I went with that over the 6-13 because my wife and kids have always wanted to stay at POP, and it was available 11/29 - 12/7 but not 12/6-13.