PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Commercial?

Minnie Imagineer
07-18-2008, 07:37 AM
what is your favorite commercial?
I had a few but I narrowed it down to 1 once I saw this commercial:
its a commercial for MsaterCard and it has that little clay doll and he always gets thrown around but he always says something positive (he gets coffee spilled on him and he says "I always wanted brown shoes"
its so funny!

CanadianWDWFan
07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
My favourite one right now is one for Spike TV and Star Wars. It is of Darth Vader playing golf with a foursome. Well his putt doesn't quite reach the hole so he uses the force to put it in. :darth: There is more but I don't want to spoil it for others.:D

disneymom15
07-18-2008, 09:55 AM
My favorite right now is:
The Pampers commercial where the father puts the little boy on the bed to change him. He takes off the diaper and the boy starts to pee. The pee comes out like a high pressure hose, knocking pictures over and what not. It's very funny.

MMouse6937
07-18-2008, 12:19 PM
My favorite one right now I'm pretty sure is only playing here in Albuquerque since it's for an Albuquerque Turkey sandwich at Subway but it has a turkey talking and the guy that does his voice is so funny. He's talking about being such a ladies man, etc. It's a crack up. :D

brad192
07-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Minnie! You're either too young to remember, or never got into the original Saturday Night Live. The doll you're referring to is the famous "Mr. Bill", from SNL fame. They were about 3 minute films, and there would be one on every few weeks. They were some of the funniest things ever!

As for my favorite commercial, it doesn't run anymore, but I absolutely loved the Disney commercial where the little boy spent all day trying unsuccessfully to meet Mickey, and at the end of the day had this terribly sad look on his face until he noticed a shadow on the ground, looked up, and there was the Big Guy himself standing right in front of him. Darn commercial made me laugh & cry at the same time! :blush:

CanadianWDWFan
07-18-2008, 01:33 PM
The doll you're referring to is the famous "Mr. Bill", from SNL fame.
I haven't seen the comercial in question.

OH NO IT'S MR. BILL!!!:D

Funny what we forget in our old age. Thanks for the trip back in time!:thumbsup:

disneycutie165
07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
It doesn't air any more, but I loved the Pet Smart commercial where the man comes in the house and says "Mr. Barky von Shnowser." Love it. I also like the Fruit of the Loom commercial, with the apple and Vince Gill singing about their dads and their underwear! SO FUNNY!:funny: Those two will live in me forever!:D

pink
07-18-2008, 08:42 PM
This is the most immature commercial but everytime I see it I always giggle to myself. It's for carpet cleaners and the little boy runs into his mom, points to the dog and says "Look mom, Toby learned a new trick!" and then they show the dog running along the carpet with his butt and the mom screams. It's so dumb but the moms face is priceless. :mickey:

baldburke
07-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Most anything with the King, the Burger King that is. They are creepy in a good way.

MMouse6937
07-19-2008, 12:15 AM
It doesn't air any more, but I loved the Pet Smart commercial where the man comes in the house and says "Mr. Barky von Shnowser." Love it.
OMG, I totally forgot about that commercial, that used to put me right on the floor laughing. The way the guy says it, you know the dog is thinking, oh no, he's home!! :D

Minnie Imagineer
07-19-2008, 09:44 AM
It doesn't air any more, but I loved the Pet Smart commercial where the man comes in the house and says "Mr. Barky von Shnowser." Love it.

I forgot about that commercial! Its hilarious! "give them a name they will actually like" haha!

This is the most immature commercial but everytime I see it I always giggle to myself. It's for carpet cleaners and the little boy runs into his mom, points to the dog and says "Look mom, Toby learned a new trick!" and then they show the dog running along the carpet with his butt and the mom screams. It's so dumb but the moms face is priceless. :mickey:

This is my friend's favorite commercial because her dog used to do that! It disgusting but hilarious (the commercial not the actual dog doing that!)

Most anything with the King, the Burger King that is. They are creepy in a good way.

have you seen that new one with the fresh apple fries? The King is creepy enough but now they had to make a creepy son of the king!!! ahh!

AdventurerKim
07-19-2008, 09:50 AM
The best commerical I have seen in a long, long time is the Adams Family M&M's for M&M's Dark Chocolate. That is brilliant!! I love M&M's and the Adams Family, and whoever put those two together for that commercial and the print ads is a genius!

VolMickey
07-19-2008, 09:59 AM
I have a few, but Disney related it's the "We're too excited to sleep!" commercial. It's several years old, but it's so cute.

Another is the Discovery Channel commercial from last year or so with the song "Wonders never cease."

Both give me chills!

alphamommy
07-19-2008, 01:48 PM
The first time we saw the Mr. Bill commercial, I told my husband that there were probably a lot of people who would have no clue who we was!

I like the Free Credit Report.com commercials with the guy singing ("They say a man should always dress for the job he wants, so why am I dressed up a pirate at this restaurant?"). The only problem is I always end up with the song in my head after I see it!

Overall, I think old 70s and 80s commercials are better than anything out now.

Niecyboo
07-20-2008, 12:58 AM
My favorite set of commercials right now are for a local hospital emergency room, so most of you probably haven't seen it, but they are so inventive that I can't believe they were made locally. There are two parts to it, both ending with the same words

First it shows a guy with a cookie in his mouth, taunting his giant German Shepherd dog. He's saying "want the cookie...give a kissie. Kissie, kissie, kissie...cooookie, cookie cookie." While the dog is growling. Then they just have the words across the bottom: "Lapeer Emergency Room. Closer than trouble itself" It's just the way the guys says it is so funny.

The second starts with a close-up of a woman running on a treadmill. Her shoe is untied. As the camera pans back, you realize that her treadmill is backed up to a wall, and there are antlers mounted on the wall right behind her back. Again, followed by the "trouble" quote.

They are so visual, it's hard to explain them, but they are hilarious. It's just the way they show how stupid we can be.

Stich8818
07-20-2008, 04:28 PM
F R E E that spells feecredit report.com baby. The one were he gets the car..the pirate one is good but that one is just soo much better.

And a close second is the Pampers one also with kid and the firehouse pressure...

IamBelle
07-28-2008, 10:44 AM
I also like the Mr. Bill commercial.

I don't know if anyone remembers a commercial from a few years ago during the Superbowl. I think it was for Nike, and it had Terry Tate working in an office. It's hilarious, and must be on the internet somewhere!

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
07-29-2008, 03:47 PM
your all wrong.

THE MEATLOAF AT&T COMMERCIAL!

wdwgrl377
07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
I love the commercial where the puppy is singing, "There ain't no bugs on me..there ain't no bugs on me..there may be bugs on some of your mugs..but there ain't no bugs on me!"

That is SOO CUTE to me!!

LauraleeH
07-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Ugh, I can't believe no one has mentioned the cute baby from eTrade! "Oh, bad girl, man!" "Relentless" "Hey girl, can I hit you back?"
Absolutely the best ;)

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 02:26 PM

:D OMG, that's the same one I was going to list!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-30-2008, 02:29 PM
I have a few, but Disney related it's the "We're too excited to sleep!" commercial. It's several years old, but it's so cute.

Another is the Discovery Channel commercial from last year or so with the song "Wonders never cease."

Both give me chills!

My son is 14 years old...one of his friends from pre school looks just like the little boy in that commercial:mickey:

Diznee4Me
07-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Ugh, I can't believe no one has mentioned the cute baby from eTrade! "Oh, bad girl, man!" "Relentless" "Hey girl, can I hit you back?"
Absolutely the best ;)

Those are also my favorite. The first one with "Bobo the clown" the second one with puke then "whoa" and then the third one you mentioned. They are very well done and hilarious.

I also like the "messin' with Sasquatch" commercials by Jack Link sausages. Those are phenomenal!:D Someone definately deserved a raise for those!

brad192
07-31-2008, 01:07 PM
I remember another one! During a superbowl, there was a commecial for a soft drink (can't remember the brand) where a parade was happening outside a restaurant. The door opens & in walks one of the parade marchers in an upside-down clown outfit, like he was always walking on his hands.

The clown then asks for a drink - and you can already guess where his actual head was at on the costume.....:jaw:

Made me laugh so hard I almost had an accident! Oh, and at the very end he asked for a hot dog...:eek: