PDA

View Full Version : Y&B club rentals

jonahbear2006
07-18-2008, 01:53 AM
I see that tube rentals at Y&B club are $10 a day. Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring your own tubes? They are $10 a piece at walmart. I can just buy them here and keep them for the next trip, if it is allowed.

TammiMcMan
07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Ultimately, it's the lifeguards decision, but I have heard from others, that as long as you bring a clear, see through tube, it's fine. They have to be able to see through it though, so any color and it won't be allowed.

Personally, I think it's sort of ridiculous to have to charge for inner tubes at the resort you're staying in, but maybe they were free at one time and too many people walked off with them. Still $10 seems a bit harsh. Put a hold on the room key and if it's not returned, then charge the guest.

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I've heard the same thing as Tammi, as long as it is clear they should allow it. I have also heard that when the pool gets really crowded you may be asked to remove personal tubes from the pools. I don't know how true this is, but I read it somewhere recently.

jonahbear2006
07-18-2008, 12:53 PM
grrr. ok, well, not sure if I can find a clear one but I will check the local pool supply stores. It really isn't that big of a deal but if we go to the pool everyday, I didn't really want to give them, ultimately, $100 for tube rental fees. It was actually stated $3 an hour or $10 a day, so I guess if you kept your lazy river-ing to an hour, the cost can be better controlled. Not sure if these are even able to be used by our girls. they are so skinny and tiny. They really need kids floaties.

disneyduggan
07-18-2008, 11:03 PM
That is something I had not heard...and do find pretty disappointing. Staying at BC is a splurge for us. I'll really hate to shell out extra dough for tubes. Leaving on Monday...so not much of a choice for us but X 3 kids it is going to add up.

Pirate Granny
07-18-2008, 11:43 PM
A few years ago, I did find clear tubes, with handles at the dollar store of all places...they were a bit smaller than the rented ones, but since my dad was small it was perfect. We were there during slow season -- September, the year before free dining started being offered, so I believe that there were ten people at most in the pool that morning...the lifeguard didn't say anything...so...I would try and find them here and save the $$$ at disney.
:pirate: